Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

12 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Considering all that Rams spent to get here; they better win in 2 weeks. 

It would be biggest bust of all time; if Cincy pulls the upset. 

Especially, with this being the 2nd straight Super Bowl to feature the home team; Rams should win.

To Lose in front of your home fans; shouldn’t happen.

I just think Joe and Bengals will find that magic one more time.  They seem like Tampa last year.

Watching a super team bust would be awesome.  There’s enough of that garbage in NBA and MLB. As if we’re suppose to be impressed a stacked team of all stars and pro bowls put on to a team NFL Madden style is suppose to impress us by performing. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

I'm for Cincinnati. I want to see a new king in town. Joe Burrow and the rest of the Bengals are the result of hard work. Stafford, Beckham, and the gang are the result of Madden franchise choices. Not to say that it isn't legitimate, but I still love the homegrown guy coming out on top.

• Like 4

While it's nice to see Stafford go to the Super Bowl, Burrow and the Bengals are definitely the team to root for.  They play for each other and make some crazy plays.  The Rams reek of a super team with guys like Ramsey, Von Miller, and OBJ who complained his way out of Cleveland.

Edited by SAli457180
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Football is a bit different than baseball or basketball as far as putting together a super team.  The risk is greater in football that it’s not going to mesh and there will be hell to pay down the road.

It’s a credit to McVay and his staff to manage all these personalities and make it work.  

depends on how it’s assembled.  Paying a bunch of free agents isn’t a huge risk in the NFL because the contracts are easy to get out of.  In the NBA signing the wrong stars, means you’re on the hook for every penny.  Wizards fans know all about bad contracts.  

I think what the rams have done by trading away every pick is a huge gamble though.  Gamble might not even be the right word, because they’re going to pay for what they’ve done down the road, the question will be if it was worth it.  Draft picks in the NBA, outside of lottery, are worth far less than first round NFL picks to the overall health of the team.  

8 hours ago, Destino said:

depends on how it’s assembled.  Paying a bunch of free agents isn’t a huge risk in the NFL because the contracts are easy to get out of.  In the NBA signing the wrong stars, means you’re on the hook for every penny.  Wizards fans know all about bad contracts.  

I think what the rams have done by trading away every pick is a huge gamble though.  Gamble might not even be the right word, because they’re going to pay for what they’ve done down the road, the question will be if it was worth it.  Draft picks in the NBA, outside of lottery, are worth far less than first round NFL picks to the overall health of the team.  

Fair enough.

My primary point though is that in football you can't just put together a 'dream team' so to speak and waltz to a Super Bowl victory.  Yes, they've gambled their immediate future to go all-in on a Super Bowl this season.  But it's still no easy task for the coaching staff to make all these pieces work together.

1 hour ago, SAli457180 said:

Don't see a thread about this so I want to post it here, but are any great minority candidates like Eric Beniemy or Byron Leftwich going to get a head coaching gig or get shafted again?  Sucks that things are the way they are 

There’s a coaching change thread in Around the League.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

Don't see a thread about this so I want to post it here, but are any great minority candidates like Eric Beniemy or Byron Leftwich going to get a head coaching gig or get shafted again?  Sucks that things are the way they are 

It's the Black Monday Thread. I added The Coaching Thread to the title.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bloodytusk said:

I’m In Cincinnati and went to see people celebrating last night. I wanted to observe and talk to fans from a team that is living the dream of the bottom dwellers of the nfl. It seems a bit surreal for them. I am jealous.

Honestly rooting for them to win it. I would love it.

Though I wouldn't complain if Donald and Stafford got a Ring as well, both deserved it for their career, but I'll give an edge in my fandom for the Bengals in this one.

• Like 1