Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

9 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Mctyer seems like the longer and with more range. Their size listed seems to be comparable, but from the eye test (whatever value that has lol) Mctyer seemed to be bigger by a few pounds and taller. 

More great athletes and freaks please. 

I wonder if things like McTyer's size, his position flex (inside and outside) and him possibly being better at man coverage than Moreland were all factors in the release. I think we will try to keep Moreland, and it wouldn't surprise me if we sign him to the roster as early as this weekend if we wind up putting somebody like Allen or McTyer on IR.

That said, I would still put Reaves above Moreland. I think Moreland had a really good year last year but I think Reaves is (should be) higher on the depth chart at S and can play FS or SS. He's another guy it wouldn't surprise me to see on the roster come the weekend. 

What we all know is that there will be a lot of manuvering in the coming days as teams watch who is released at positions of weakness. It wouldn't surprise me to see either of these guys sign elsewhere but I thought the same thing about Harmon. So I think we'd be smart to bring them back if we're able. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I can’t see us not poaching another corner from elsewhere. That’s just not good enough.

Agreed if Fuller gets hurt we have no one who can play the slot. Everyone else are suited to play on the outside. 

Unless they plan to play McCain orCurl as the backup slot corner. 

Edited by skinsfan93

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

Agreed if Fuller gets hurt we have no one who can play the slot. Everyone else are suited to play on the outside. 

Unless they plan to play McCain as the backup slot corner. 

That’s why I don’t get the Moreland cut. Unless they’re looking at a reclamation project like an Isaiah Johnson or Rasul Douglas.

3 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Unless they plan to play McCain orCurl as the backup slot corner. 

was just about to mention McCain, can drop into that role if needed.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Okay thanks. 

The only name I havn't heard cut, that I thought was a possibility was Toney.

Someone mentioned he might not make it, a while back.

But with JSW being cut, I wonder if that means Toney makes it ?

I was listening to Standig debate it with Parras the other day on his podcast.  Standig didn't think Toney makes it, Parras thought he would.  Parras was right over Standig as for Milne versus AGG.  So maybe he wins this debate, too?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was listening to Standig debate it with Parras the other day on his podcast.  Standig didn't think Toney makes it, Parras thought he would.  Parras was right over Standig as for Milne versus AGG.  So maybe he wins this debate, too?

SIP, Milne makes my day.  Again, hope the McTyer of whoever he is (haven't been able to keep up with WFT this preseason) is better and proves out over the Moreland move.  Moreland will be picked up soon I would think.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jericho said:

It's looking like Toohill will make the 53, but could be an immediate candidate for IR. That would open up a spot for someone to return. Say Barber? I think Barber ends up on PS as a minimum

Toohill wouldn't surprise me much. He made the team last year, and got some plays in the regular season. 

There's something they like about him

24 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I personally don’t like Apke as a safety. For a guy who has 4.4 speed he couldn’t get sideline to sideline well at all and his tackling in the open field was awful. 

I suppose as a corner when it’s man coverage maybe that will help him as he only has one responsibility. I guess we could do worse with him as our 5th corner. 

I do like McTyer. Did he make it?

Yeah, thinking on it more I can actually kinda see why Apke might be a little better at CB than S. One of his big issues that kept popping up was play recognition and taking poor angles. As a CB he doesn't need to do that sort of stuff quite as much as at S, so he can mostly use his speed and athleticism to keep up with receivers. 

• Like 1