Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

8 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

With Ricky Seals-Jones getting a bit of praise from Rivera, I'm thinking we look for a way to stash Reyes on injured reserve. 

He’s back practicing fully so they’d probably have to come up with a different injury…

Can't quote them (user stupidity I think) but those Hopkins stats reinforce why he is such a liability. Kickers should make everything up to 40 every time and up to 50 yards most of the time. Hopkins isn't even guaranteed up to 40. Please, please get some competition for him. Every other team has kickers that kick +50 yards on a regular basis, we wouldn't even let him TRY a  50 yarder. And that was in practice, yet alone a game 🤮

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Can't quote them (user stupidity I think) but those Hopkins stats reinforce why he is such a liability. Kickers should make everything up to 40 every time and up to 50 yards most of the time. Hopkins isn't even guaranteed up to 40. Please, please get some competition for him. Every other team has kickers that kick +50 yards on a regular basis, we wouldn't even let him TRY a  50 yarder. And that was in practice, yet alone a game 🤮

I believe a certain Harry Kane is looking for work elsewhere. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trading up for Justin Fields might have been difficult and costly, but we could have easily traded up for Mac Jones. Trading up 5 spots would not have killed us, I wouldn't be surprised if Ron and Co. were hesitant on drafting and developing a rookie QB after what happened with Haskins. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Yeah, that was a rough decision. Drew Lock is the QB equivalent to Tim Tebow at TE.

Thats unfair on Drew Lock - he's not a terrible QB, just not an answer as a starter on a team with any pretensions on contending for anything. At his age and after so long out of football Tim Tebow just had no business being anywhere close to an NFL roster.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Respect is Earned. None of this matters until we come out and grab the division by the throat. Until then we will be slept on. Just the way it goes in the NFL..

Totally agree with this, but the Cows are an exception.  Not seeing where respect has been earned by them, but yet always (every single year) given.  I know why, $$$$$. 

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Trading up for Justin Fields might have been difficult and costly, but we could have easily traded up for Mac Jones. Trading up 5 spots would not have killed us, I wouldn't be surprised if Ron and Co. were hesitant on drafting and developing a rookie QB after what happened with Haskins. 

I pushed to trade up for Fields.  I liked Mac Jones more than most -- me selling that he's a mile better than Kyle Trask (I didn't care for Trask) became like a religion for me on the draft thread.  :ols:. But I didn't push to trade up for him.  I would have taken him at 19.  I waffled on that some early on but as it got closer i was on board with that albiet it seemed unlikely he'd fall that far down in the first. 

There were two people on that thread who really loved Mac @RWJ was one of them.  I liked Mac for reasons i stated on that thread many times.  I am not shocked he's killing it this preseason but i am mildly surprised its coming together for him this fast.   Having said that, the preseason isn't always telling.   Will see.

There was one beat guy (forgotting whom but I think it was Keim) who said he heard they'd have taken Jones at 19 if he fell there but were unlikely going to trade up.  And considering trading up for Fields if he fell closer to their pick.

If that's so and Fields and Mac kill it, then I figure they are going to trust their scouting staff on the QB position next draft and if there is a dude they like I'd presume they are more likely to chase him unless they trade for a veteran. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I pushed to trade up for Fields.  I liked Mac Jones more than most -- me selling that he's a mile better than Kyle Trask (I didn't care for Trask) became like a religion for me on the draft thread.  :ols:. But I didn't push to trade up for him.  I would have taken him at 19.  I waffled on that some early on but as it got closer i was on board with that albiet it seemed unlikely he'd fall that far down in the first. 

There were two people on that thread who really loved Mac @RWJ was one of them.  I liked Mac for reasons i stated on that threadv  many times.  I am not shocked he's killing it this preseason but i am mildly surprised its coming together for him this fast.   Having said that, the preseason isn't always telling.   Will see.

There was one beat guy (forgotting whom but I think it was Keim) who said he heard they'd have taken Jones at 19 if he fall there but were unlikely going to trade up.  And considering trading up for Fields if he fell closer to their pick.

If that's so and Fields and Mac kill it, then I figure they are going to trust their scouting staff on the QB position next draft and if there is a dude they like, I'd presume they are more likely to chase him unless they trade for a veteran. 

It took me a long time to get on board, but mostly for me I felt like he could handle the mental aspects of the NFL more than anything. He just seemed to have that hyper competitive mentality needed to succeed at the NFL level, while having an above average arm. 

I don't think we can go into next season without a franchise QB in place. I dont have faith in Fitzpatricks ability to be called that and play like one, he's just a placeholder in my eyes. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

26 minutes ago, dyst said:

I’d be pissed as a player to be stashed on IR for a made up reason when I’d rather be out there with a chance to make a roster.

I don’t think a team could stash a completely healthy player against their will. The player could prove they are healthy with a physical. 

Also with IR the player does have to make the roster first. So we’d have to keep Reyes, then IR them, then sign back a replacement. 

44 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Just curious if he was put on IR does that exclude him from practicing after the injury is healed? I know the team cannot activate him if he is put on IR before the season, just wondering about practice which he clearly needs.

Correct, he wouldn’t be able to practice on IR. But it would be a way of keeping him through to next offseason.

If he’s actually perfectly healthy, they probably aren’t going to try to IR him. Either he’s close enough to ready to make the team, or he’s not and you try to place him on the practice squad and bring him up later in the season if he shows improvement. 

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Sims is picked up that fast.  It doubles down on my belief and most here if they try to sneak AGG or Milne on the practice squad they might be taken.  I'd be more upset to lose Milne but i think either ends up on a roster.  We've gone from having no depth at WR last year to having really good depth IMO. 

I wouldn’t overreact. We’ll keep who we need to keep. Sims is Beasley insurance, especially since he won’t get vaccinated and given how much Allen loves to go to his slot receiver. 

2 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

What is grit?  Grit is all the stuff in Fitz's chin bush.  Well, that and dandruff.

Nah. Grit is what Taylor Heinicke has. Just ask Zach Selby.

"The grit and willingness to compete that Heinicke showed against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the Wild Card round of the playoffs is exactly what earned his teammates' respect and won over the fanbase. He extended plays with his legs, looked to drive the ball downfield with his arm and even came back from a shoulder injury to bring Washington within eight points of tying the eventual Super Bowl LV champions."

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/taylor-heinicke-wants-to-mix-mobility-with-durability-in-his-next-opportunity

• Like 2