Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This video has been making it's rounds on Twitter, lol.

Dear God

We have once again witnessed a perfect pass from Daniel Jones.

And once again it was to the wrong jersey.

Seriously tho, there were like 4-5 defenders closer than any receiver.

I Hope we wear white when we play the Giants. Jones will check down straight to Shadow.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Punt returners

One of the few aspects of the game that will truly be live and informative is the return game. After Washington’s struggles last year, special teams coordinator Nate Kaczor called it “a hot topic” this offseason, and Sims and Carter are battling for the spot

Since you brought up his name, I wanted to give the guy his due.

Kaczor has been a pleasant surprise...and upgrade, at that coaching position.

I remember when he came here, everyone was like, "Nate who ? He's probably worse than Kotwica ! "

Now, dare I say he's developed into one of the top ST coaches in the league ? Maybe Top 10

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

In addition to that is...

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/62689/first-round-pick-kadarius-toney-new-york-giants-rookies-off-to-slow-start

First-round draft pick Kadarius Toney, the No. 20 overall selection out of Florida, missed the first five full-team practices as he worked to return following a positive COVID-19 test. Even when the speedy wide receiver has been in drills, there hasn't been much that stood out. His first catch in live team drills came Saturday on a dump-down pass 11 days into camp.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Harrington

Drafted 3 times - offered 4 mill, 1.2 mill, up to 200K (edit: I'm mistaken, he was drafted 5 times)

ended with:

Harrington was as of 2009 working for the local Costco store, in the tire department, earning $11.50 per hour

While Schroeder lost more money, 5.9 mill will get him a lot further than Costco. 

Maybe it's a tie, but I think it's at least debatable.

Touche

18 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Doesn't everything have an expiration date, though ?

And I think that one has aged into actual decades by now

Yeah but Champion, Pit Viper, and Mullets are back in style

39 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I still find it funny when Giants fans act surprised by this sort of stuff. This and the fumble problems had been glaring issues for Jones throughout college and followed him into the NFL. It's who he is and I doubt he'll magically turn it around.

In a way I'm sort of glad we got Haskins instead of Jones, because we found out very quickly that Haskins was garbage and then jettisoned him. Jones is just good enough to give occasional hope, but not good enough to really be a franchise QB. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I still find it funny when Giants fans act surprised by this sort of stuff. This and the fumble problems had been glaring issues for Jones throughout college and followed him into the NFL. It's who he is and I doubt he'll magically turn it around.

Watch the NFL Super Bowl episode about the '91 team.  It starts out by showcasing how inept Rypien was prior to that season.  Fumbles galore, who-was-he-throwing-it-to INTs, etc.  Not saying Jones is going to turn it around for one glorious season, but us old-timers have seen this before, here.

6 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Watch the NFL Super Bowl episode about the '91 team.  It starts out by showcasing how inept Rypien was prior to that season.  Fumbles galore, who-was-he-throwing-it-to INTs, etc.  Not saying Jones is going to turn it around for one glorious season, but us old-timers have seen this before, here.

Let me know when the Giants league-worst offensive line morphs into the greatest offensive line in league history.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Sure, anything is possible. But that was also 30 years ago and NFL football was practically a different sport than it is now.

Every so often the stars will align and a mediocre QB will get red-hot at the right time for a SB run (Flacco, Foles, for example), but it's pretty rare.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants are just as unsure and undecided about Jones at this point next year as well. They'll have to decide prior to the draft if they're going to move on from him. If he turns in another lackluster year I could see them deciding to use their 2 draft picks to go get a new QB.

But...with such a horrid OL it might also be pretty difficult to truly evaluate him. He's going to spend a fair amount of time either on the turf or running for his life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

I hear you, but like, Joe Judge and Joe Gibbs's similarities end with their first names.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Daniel Jones is sitting their preseason opener apparently. I'm reading that as them trying to buy more time before his show and prove season begins.

Then you have Toney so low on the depth chart. There's a difference between making a player earn it and over compensating with the hard nosed shtick because you're not a good football coach. If the team doesn't start fast, all these little games will get old fast and that lockerroom will fall apart. 

There are way too many red flags coming up throughout Giants camp. We of course need to focus on our job, but as a fan, I'm all in at this point that they're about to fall apart this season. They deserve it.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

Then you have Toney so low on the depth chart. There's a difference between making a player earn it and over compensating with the hard nosed shtick because you're not a good football coach. If the team doesn't start fast, all these little games will get old fast and that lockerroom will fall apart. 

The Toney we drafted #246 is going to have a better year than the Toney they drafted #20.  

Give our scouting department a raise and a pepperoni pizza with extra cheese!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1