Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

6 minutes ago, Bantu said:

I like Davis but I never thought he was the type of prospect Parsons was. I'm not going to make proclamations about his character at this point cuz I just don't know enough. 

Being from PA, I track a lot of what Penn State does. Parsons is described as an asshole, as seen in the tweet below, allegations but definite red flags:

The other issue is with him that I did not like is he (like davis) didn't have much time playing LB at Penn State.. he was a glorified D-Lineman playing LB and was never really asked to cover in college.

Edited by ZarG3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I was hoping to hear more camp buzz about Saahdiq Charles than we got.  He is so talented, I was hoping he'd make a leap in camp and push for a starting spot.  Anyone know why we haven't heard much about him yet?

Most of the reports I've read he is having a pretty good camp and is learning every position (other than center) on the line. Making him a asset utility lineman.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I was hoping to hear more camp buzz about Saahdiq Charles than we got.  He is so talented, I was hoping he'd make a leap in camp and push for a starting spot.  Anyone know why we haven't heard much about him yet?

He seems to be filling in for everyone else right now. Great for us, not for him. No real open starting positions on our Oline though, so he's the 6th man. Sounds like the coaches are really high on him though.

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Parsons vs. Davis debate is irrelevant because Parsons was taken way before our pick came up. Its not like we passed on him. The more relevant arguments are Davis vs. JOK and Cosmi vs. Darrisaw.

That's what you took from my post? It wasn't a debate. It was, "we got the right guy."

I don't care where Parsons went.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Cosmi gets it done by hook or by crook.  The technique consistency isn't there but the intensity is, and he is so functionally strong and aggressive that he still holds his ground.  Kind of reminds me of Scherff when he came out of college.  Not as decorated or experienced, but similar athlete and similar mindset as a player.  Actually who he really reminds me of is Taylor Decker, but he's a way better athlete than him.  Cosmi has a chance to become the best player on the offense in a couple of years if the technique catches up to the raw talent with him.

That right side of Roullier, Scherff, Cosmi could be dominant this year.  Should be able to pound the ball that direction, but 18 or 19 games is going to be tough with a thin offensive depth chart and a lot of unvaccinated players.

Like you I believe the sky is the limit for Cosmi based on his athleticism.  I'm happy to hear they are pushing him so hard in training camp and going against Montez Sweat and Chase Young every practice is either going to break your spirit or push you to the top of your game.  I feel good about what he will do at RT this year but think he may end up being our long term answer at LT.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Parsons vs. Davis debate is irrelevant because Parsons was taken way before our pick came up. Its not like we passed on him. The more relevant arguments are Davis vs. JOK and Cosmi vs. Darrisaw.

That reasoning doesn't make the debate between the two irrelevant. They're going to be compared regardless because they play for rival teams and are both potential DROYs. 

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He seems to be filling in for everyone else right now. Great for us, not for him. No real open starting positions on our Oline though, so he's the 6th man. Sounds like the coaches are really high on him though.

Having Saadhiq be the Ty Nsecke-type swing lineman this year, learning as much as he can about G and T spots, and then step in as the starting RG next summer when Scherff inevitably tries to find greener grass on the other side of the fence, is an absolute great scenario for us.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

While I do agree, they don't put feelings in the record books. It was still a losing season without a playoff win. Im happy we overachieved to get there and do think it made guys much hungrier, but until we're stringing together winning seasons and some playoff wins, we definitely belong on **** lists like that.

Oh absolutely.  It only counts as a "win", if it actually does build into something greater.  It doesn't matter for the record books, and it'll only matter when telling the story of how this team became good, if it actually becomes good enough that anyone cares.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Rivera seemed happy with him, said he is really gifted. He said they aren't sure where he will fit in permanently over his career but this season they are training him in guard and tackle. That's all I heard. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Die Hard said:

I think there’s a potential for a 3-team race. And  unlike last year, where it was a crawl to the finish line… I could see the division being a strong one overall.

A lot can still unfold (injuries, suspensions, etc). But this could be a very exciting and stressful season. I anticipate a lot of super highs and terrible lows. Going to have to win some ugly… 

In all seriousness, who would be the third team?  NYG seems like it's falling apart already and Philly has a new coach and Hurts looks bad from what local media are saying (I'm unlucky enough to live around there).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Your boy Cosmi has a lock on the RT spot.  After that, there isn't quite a position for Charles to push for right now.  He's talented, they like him, they want to find a spot for him in the future.  There just isn't one right now.  This o-line may not be loaded with top end talent, but it is still loaded with quality talent.

2022 has two potentially open spots at LT and RG.  It's just that our o-line is deeper now than it's ever been since the 90's.  I mean, seriously...this is kind of ridiculous.

Actually, can anyone think of an OL unit we've had that's as deep as this one?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I definitely can’t remember a time we had 3 guys on the bench that I’d feel comfortable starting. 

Really encouraged by the Cosmi reports. Everyone knew he was athletic and by all accounts has a great attitude, even with a little bit of a mean streak which is hugely important for an OL. It was all about how fast he could learn and improve his technique. That seems to be happening quickly… hugely positive even if he still has a ways to go. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Parsons on Hard Knocks/Good Morning Football has a whiny personality. Some would tote that as spirit but it’s child like. In fact, Nate Burleson used the exact phrase “child-like” (which I said in my head while the clip was playing).

Trying to find this and can't see a GMFB hard knocks clip for this year.  Anyone got a link?

14 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Your boy Cosmi has a lock on the RT spot.  After that, there isn't quite a position for Charles to push for right now.  He's talented, they like him, they want to find a spot for him in the future.  There just isn't one right now.  This o-line may not be loaded with top end talent, but it is still loaded with quality talent.

2022 has two potentially open spots at LT and RG.  It's just that our o-line is deeper now than it's ever been since the 90's.  I mean, seriously...this is kind of ridiculous.

The 87 team. Bostic was a backup for goodness sake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

On the other end of the spectrum: Najee Harris is a fun guy who says what he thinks but it just always seems to be in good fun and not bathed in negativity. 

Najee Harris doesn’t interview like a football player.  It’s more like you’re talking to an actor.  He has a lot of charisma.  It remains to be seen if he’ll be good or not.

On another note, I refuse to watch Hard Knocks because it’s the Cowboys.

Edited by Vanguard
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

In all seriousness, who would be the third team?  NYG seems like it's falling apart already and Philly has a new coach and Hurts looks bad from what local media are saying (I'm unlucky enough to live around there).

Im not going to diminish the Giants because of a training camp brawl and a diva rookie receiver. It’s a talented squad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Gads, as bad as it’s been for us, it’s almost doubly worse for the bengals and Lions.  

I also think of that group, we’re in the mix to get our first win first, as of right now.  

That changes if Burrow is the real deal and fully recovered.  But we have to see that first.  Also, they have the Steelers and Ravens in their division, so at least for the next couple of years, if they make the playoffs, they figure to be a road team.  

The Dolphins would seem to be close also except they have a complete unknown at QB in Tua. 

Detroit and the Raiders seem to be in line for 4th place finishes this year.

32 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

With Heinicke already banged up and Allen still hurt, we're one bad hit away from the beginning of the Montez Era at QB. 

There will be no Montez eta.  There will be “sign that free agent we know from somewhere” era.  Maybe Rivers if it’s a ling term thing, or some other random guy if not.  

31 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

The 1980’s Skins say “howdy.” Their backups were better than most team’s starters.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Im not going to diminish the Giants because of a training camp brawl and a diva rookie receiver. It’s a talented squad.

I feel you, I just think with the retirements, the uncertainty on their OL, and Jones being a massive question mark that they would be "second tier" so to speak to WFT/DAL.