Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

I would understand the disappointment among our fanbase for not trading up if Fields turns out to be a franchise QB, but personally, I'll be laughing nonstop at the Eagles and Giants for passing on him when he was right there for the taking.  That's the primary reason I'm rooting for him to succeed.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I would understand the disappointment among our fanbase for not trading up if Fields turns out to be a franchise QB, but personally, I'll be laughing nonstop at the Eagles and Giants for passing on him when he was right there for the taking.  That's the primary reason I'm rooting for him to succeed.

Yeah agree, he was right in their lap.  Also beat guys have alluded if Fields ended up in our lap and probably Mac Jones too -- they'd have taken them. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I kind of saw the same thing @dyst did from the very first time I saw Gibson, long before the toe injury. He was obviously fast but it wasn't that jump off the screen speed of say a Darren Sproles I was expecting.  

Darren Sproles was also 8 inches smaller than Gibson and 30lbs lighter.. of course you aren't going to have Sproles speed with that difference. Sproles also was pretty much a one trick pony on offense compared to gibson. 

At the end of the day, Gibson at 6 foot 2 and 220 posted a 4.39 40 time.. that's fast as hell for how big he is. 

Edited by ZarG3
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Anybody know how John bates has looked in camp?

Haven't heard much about him.

Based on my observation in the camps I watched and what some beat guys have said -- he's looked OK, nothing really killer good or bad.  From my observation he has really good hands but he also looks a bit slow-not spry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Michael Phillips who led the charge months ago with Heinicke should be the guy, just goes on the radio that Heinicke has been bad in camp.  And if I heard him right he was asked what's the gap between Fitz and Heinicke and he goes if its a canyon, its the Grand Canyon. 

This is reassuring if Fitz is that effective.  Otherwise, we are screwed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I don’t think anyone in the East wins more than 9 games and it wouldn’t be shocking if we have another division winner with a losing record.

I'd be surprised if we have a repeat of last year.

I think that was a rare perfect storm of sorts, the combination of having 3 new head coaches and a pandemic is most likely what caused the nfc east to be so bad.

This year all 3 of those new coaches are going into year 2 with vastly improved rosters and some elite talent returning from injury. 

I'd be very surprised if the east was as bad as it was last year.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

This is reassuring if Fitz is that effective.  Otherwise, we are screwed.

Fitz per usual has been aggressive in camp from what I've heard, so you'll get some picks, but overall sounds like he's played well. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I don’t think anyone in the East wins more than 9 games and it wouldn’t be shocking if we have another division winner with a losing record.

Right now I don’t fully agree. With Daks mysterious injury, Eagles rebuilding, I think it’s a 2 team race us vs Giants. If Saquan gets back to form and Jones is adequate, I think they give us a bit of a run but ultimately I do think we win the East with 10 wins. 

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

Right now I don’t fully agree. With Daks mysterious injury, Eagles rebuilding, I think it’s a 2 team race us vs Giants. If Saquan gets back to form and Jones is adequate, I think they give us a bit of a run but ultimately I do think we win the East with 10 wins. 

Said it earlier and I'll say it again. With the gauntlet of a schedule we have if we finish above .500 we are legit. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Based on my observation in the camps I watched and what some beat guys have said -- he's looked OK, nothing really killer good or bad.  From my observation he has really good hands but he also looks a bit slow-not spry.

I guess that's what you'd expect from a tight end best known for blocking.

Hopefully he looks slow because the team speed at almost all of our receiving positions is pretty elite and by contrast a tight end with average speed may look slower.

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Said it earlier and I'll say it again. With the gauntlet of a schedule we have if we finish above .500 we are legit. 

I like our squad but I hate our schedule. Still, we have to find out who really can cut it when facing the best teams.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

I like our squad but I hate our schedule. Still, we have to find out who really can cut it when facing the best teams.

Right. You have to play them anyway to win it all. 

I don't think this is our year to win it all anyway. But depending on what we see, next year may be a possibility if we keep adding pieces like we have been. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Michael Phillips who led the charge months ago with Heinicke should be the guy, just goes on the radio that Heinicke has been bad in camp.  And if I heard him right he was asked what's the gap between Fitz and Heinicke and he goes if its a canyon, its the Grand Canyon. 

wow, that's a harsh take on h-bomb, and as i've posted i'm not one who sees heinekie as any kind of answer as a quality long term starting qb 

fitz is fun and great but is not even a top 20 qb, and not really that close to the guys in the top 10 imo (where of course we want our qb to be if we're going to win championships), but i hope mr. phillps view that there's a 'grand canyon' between h and fitz is a bit of hyperbole or it means that fitz is looking exceptionally good in this pre-season

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ZarG3 said:

At the end of the day, Gibson at 6 foot 2 and 220 posted a 4.39 40 time.. that's fast as hell for how big he is. 

The numbers are definitely there. He has top end speed evident by the 4.3 speed and his yardage/broken tackles and TD is all that matters. Just looking at a guy like Swift from Detroit, he seems to play faster than Gibson. Not like it matters because production is key and Gibson was producing, just an observation that he doesn’t “look” as fast as a 4.3 guy would look to me.

• Like 2