Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC: Colonial Pipeline blames ransomware for network shutdown

China

Honestly I’m more worried about finding diesel for my tractor. Probably need to go out tonight and see if deisel is as hard to get 

I only got a 5 gallon things and I legit need it to run my tractor lol

****s supposed to be fixed by end of week so guess I’ll wait 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by tshile

1 hour ago, mammajamma said:

Blame people hoarding gas when they don't need to, not IT folks who usually lack budget and support from upper mgmt

I doubt hoarders are the issue, gas isn’t bread.  I’m blaming the company for this apparent vulnerability. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

I doubt hoarders are the issue, gas isn’t bread.  I’m blaming the company for this apparent vulnerability. 

Well it's the company's fault (or their security company they use) for the hack. It's hoarders' fault for the lack of gas. The supply of gas isn't lower than usual, more people are just getting it right now because they're freaking out, causing gas stations to run out faster

This has been well documented today and beaten to death already

Edited by mammajamma
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Well it's the company's fault (or their security company they use) for the hack. It's hoarders' fault for the lack of gas. The supply of gas isn't lower than usual, more people are just getting it right now because they're freaking out, causing gas stations to run out faster

This has been well documented today and beaten to death already

They can say what they want to about supply, but we have friends that drive those gas trucks and they’re telling us deliveries have stopped.  Maybe some trucks are running but at least some of the supply chain has been interrupted.  

25 minutes ago, tshile said:

Honestly I’m more worried about finding diesel for my tractor. Probably need to go out tonight and see if deisel is as hard to get 

I only got a 5 gallon things and I legit need it to run my tractor lol

****s supposed to be fixed by end of week so guess I’ll wait 🤷‍♂️ 

Go find a place that sells kerosene.  Most people don’t know that will work.

• Like 1

Places around here had lines back onto the street and were selling out of gas today. I laughed and called them idiots. Then my wife reminded me we’re going on a trip on Friday, so I went to join the line before all the dumb asses buy up all the gas. 

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Destino said:

They can say what they want to about supply, but we have friends that drive those gas trucks and they’re telling us deliveries have stopped.  Maybe some trucks are running but at least some of the supply chain has been interrupted.  

That and there are significantly fewer drivers now. It's going to take a while for all the stations here to get back online.

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Any chance this will make people finally realize how vulnerable our infrastructure grid and supply chains are and do something about it?  Nah, we are still too dumb.

We live in a country where half the room boos a President for promising to remove lead pipes.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I manage an auto shop, gas station.

We ran out of all gas last night at about 6:00. Got a small delivery of gas at 8:25 this morning, premium only. Ran out of that at 11:25. Every other station around us is out of gas too. We don’t know when our next load of gas is going to come.

Stop ****ing calling us asking if we have gas and when our next delivery is coming please.