Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To Washington Darrick Forrest Safety Cincinnati

PCS

Welcome to the WFT,(Yeah. That too but it's not as bad as all that. ;) ),young man.  Good Luck. :)

47638389-8e80-4e27-a9dd-6c243b7d14d1

HEIGHT 5' 11 1/2"

WEIGHT 206 lbs

ARMS 31 7/8"

HANDS 9 3/4"

Prospect Grade

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/darrick-forrest/3200464f-5248-5545-c56f-5beae4773c4c

Overview

Forrest is an urgent player. He's willing and able to play near the line of scrimmage or flow downhill quickly in order to constrict the run lane and defend the flanks against outside runs. His eagerness to jump route fakes and his lack of recovery speed are both very exploitable in man coverage, though. He's comfortable and steady from split zone and has a game that is also suited for playing down near the box. He gets himself blocked by going too far downhill and will have some open-field misses, but what he brings in run support will outweigh those issues.

Strengths

Three-year starter playing with alpha vibe as run defender.

Versatility to play two-deep, in the box or occasional big nickel.

Quick downhill to fit up and limit running back's angles.

Breaks down into balanced platform, exploding hips into contact.

Good foot speed in his coverage duties.

Displays adequate strength to cover tight ends.

Gets people down, limiting yards after catch.

Energetic coverage on special teams.

*click link for more* 

• Thanks 1

Took him in the mock draft on here. Kind of a different type to what we've drafted previously. Doesn't really have the special traits to work with but is just really sound at everything. Bit of a tackling machine. 

Guaranteed special teams ace and should compete at safety I'd think. Happy to get him. 

• Like 5

What the hell?! I’ve never heard of this soulless, Urkel looking mofo and I did a ****load of PFN mock draft simulations over the last month. We are so completely screwed. Our front office is lucky there are no hitmen in my price range. 

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 14

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

The last time they drafted a safety I had never heard of on Day 3, it was a steal.  So unreasonably optimistic here.

I posted this yesterday on the day draft thread about safety.  Saying its a position I haven't studied like some others for this draft but it looks like they want athleticism so i ordered all the safeties based on RAS scores.  Maybe good omen?  😀

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 2.53.26 PM.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Everett's replacement 

I'm sure Everett will have something to say about that 

For all the crap he gets here he's dependable year in and year out.  Shored up the secondary last year and brings the noise.  

He should make the team again!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

I'm sure Everett will have something to say about that 

For all the crap he gets here he's dependable year in and year out.  Shored up the secondary last year and brings the noise.  

He should make the team again!

I don't dislike Everett at all. Thumper and been a ST captain for years. His ceiling isn't that high though and this guy is definitely his replacement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't dislike Everett at all. Thumper and been a ST captain for years. His ceiling isn't that high though and this guy is definitely his replacement. 

"Definitely" is a bit optimistic for a 5th round draft pick replacing the special teams captain.  Pump the brakes turbo!

• Haha 1