Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To Washington Darrick Forrest Safety Cincinnati

PCS

19 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Camp competition has become a big buzz word lately.  Are we sure camp competition is as important as we think it is?  Do we really end up putting our best players out there based on competition in camp?  I’d like to think it’s true, but I’m not sure.  Maybe I’m overthinking.

It’s hard to say, IMO.  I think if one player is clearly better, they go with that guy - to do otherwise risks the locker room.  Haskins was an exception maybe, but that’s a unique circumstance - Snyder’s boy, the potential future franchise guy, etc.  

They played Christian over Lucas, Martin (and then Sweitzer) over Charles, both Ryans over JSW.  So they don’t seem married to playing ‘their’ guys.  
Of course, the year also started as an evaluation year, so maybe they initially played the above mentioned guys to see if they wanted to keep them around, then turned to ‘their’ guys because they knew those guys were going to be under contract longer and wanted to speed up their development.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Watching the games against Ohio State and Georgia to see what he brings to the table. For one, he's played against top tier college players. He comes from a state (Ohio) where football is important. I like him from what I've seen so far. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...