Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

Just listened to Sheehan’s pod…

He is low on Wentz. And he says they should take a QB if they have a first round grade on one (has been discussed here) and to counter the argument of “you have to support Wentz” he replied with, “to what end? 9 wins?”

Right. But… you don’t trade what you traded for Wentz for a one year rental, as he suggests. He could turn out to be one, but they traded for him with the hope he’s more than that. 

Frustrating as hell to hear that non sense.

• Like 5
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

We have traded with the Cowboys in the past, albeit in the 2nd round. Do we do it again, and give them access to a possible game-breaking talent they covet? I hope there's another, better trade down option on the board when we are up, but would you let Dallas have #11? I don't know if they'd need to "overpay" since they're Dallas, but I assume we'd get 24, their 2nd, and possibly a 2023 pick. Maybe another pick this year.

Gotta wonder if they wanted Jameson Williams ... or one of the OTs that fall

Got to be Oline, Dline, or Wr

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

The Montez Sweat thread is locked and it’s kinda draft related, but as of now, only a 1/4 of the 2019 class got their fifth year option.  Obviously more will sign, but it’s nice that they hit there.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/04/commanders-to-pick-up-montez-sweats-option

Yes nice to have him locked up thru next year. $11 million for next year which is even more reason that Payne gets dealt. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He is low on Wentz. And he says they should take a QB if they have a first round grade on one (has been discussed here) and to counter the argument of “you have to support Wentz” he replied with, “to what end? 9 wins?”

Right. But… you don’t trade what you traded for Wentz for a one year rental, as he suggests. He could turn out to be one, but they traded for him with the hope he’s more than that. 

Yeah I've whined a lot about sheehan as to Wentz on the Wentz thread.

I like Sheehan but he's so over the top on Wentz including being outright dishonest about him when he mischaracterized what guests said about Wentz on his own shows -- that its tough for me to take him even a little seriously on the topic.   He's even more on the deep end about Wentz than he was pushing Darnold as the solution to this teams Qb woes the previous off season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep this is what I said before too. Olave might not necessarily be the best individual talent but his skill set and scheme fit adds more value to us than anyone else does and would create much better roster synergy.

Just imagine trotting McLaurin, Olave, and Samuel out there, with Gibson at RB as well. That's four guys who run in the 4.3 40 range. And Wentz throwing to them, still one of the best deep ball passers in the league.

I'm still confused why someone would intentionally use a borderline top 10 pick on a receiver with relatively limited upside. IMO Olave's upside is as a decent #2, but he isn't explosive or dynamic enough to be a true top tier #1 WR. If I'm using the 11th overall pick on a WR I want a guy with the potential to become a game breaker. 

And I don't see how having another smaller burner adds more value than other prospects. We already have 3 of those guys in McLaurin, Samuel, and Brown (though Brown is more of a 4.4 guy). I'd think adding a bigger guy like London to that mix would be the best scheme fit to help us.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He wants them to take swings on high end guys with talent which is exactly the route I want. What kevin doesnt get is that were currently mid swing right now waiting to see what kind of hit or strike out we get. You cant have 2 guys at the plate. 

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

If the offer is real Washington should really be calling the Jets and saying, "would a similar offer be on the table for McLaurin?"

I'm not saying accept it yet, but Elijah Moore + 10? My God. The rest is just bonus. 

I would in a second. Moore is legit and you get cheap control for several years. Yes please.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Also, being low on Wentz doesn't mean drafting a QB just for the hell of it. It better be a QB we really like.

yes because we dont want to be like the Cardinals... draft a QB in the first round then suck real bad then having to draft yet an another QB in the 1st because you like him better...

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

More reason to put less stock into 40s and more into game film. Though that can lie, too. Especially if you aren't well versed in it. But it can lie to the trained eye, too. 

Technology is awesome though. We can find out how many MPH a dude is running on a football field. 

Kind of negates the 40 when you can do that.

I am not a Kyle Hamilton fan but yes.. game film speed is what we want to see...

I mean Ed Reed is one of the greatest free safeties of all time.   He ran 4.57 but I dont think anyone who ever watched Ed Reed questioned his speed sideline to sideline patrolling field.

Just now, sjinhan said:

I am not a Kyle Hamilton fan but yes.. game film speed is what we want to see...

I mean Ed Reed is one of the greatest free safeties of all time.   He ran 4.57 but I dont think anyone who ever watched Ed Reed questioned his speed sideline to sideline patrolling field.

oh and Sean Taylor ran 4.51.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

More reason to put less stock into 40s and more into game film. Though that can lie, too. Especially if you aren't well versed in it. But it can lie to the trained eye, too. 

Technology is awesome though. We can find out how many MPH a dude is running on a football field. 

Kind of negates the 40 when you can do that.

Didn't Anquan Bolden have like a 4.8 40 time so some such? I will admit though that I am concerned about Hamilton

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I've whined a lot about sheehan as to Wentz on the Wentz thread.

I like Sheehan but he's so over the top on Wentz including being outright dishonest about him when he mischaracterized what guests said about Wentz on his own shows -- that its tough for me to take him even a little seriously on the topic.   He's even more on the deep end about Wentz than he was pushing Darnold as the solution to this teams Qb woes the previous off season.

I cannot trust anything Sheehan says about any of our quarterbacks.  He started out a cheerleader for Haskins and then when it became apparent that the team was going to release him then Sheehan suddenly switched his position.  When the Wentz trade was first announced Sheehan was not down on him.  So he's quickly changed probably as he has interviewed other so called NFL experts the past two months.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not totally sold on his personality and durability.

This is the problem with us ranking players. We can only watch tape. We have no clue how these guys interview or what their love of the game actually is. Corral is my #2 QB based solely on tape. He has a good arm, great athleticism and is tough as nails. I wouldnt hate picking him int he second at all. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Speaking of punters Matt Araiza from SD State might be the highest punter ever taken, they are predicting 3rd round.  This guy is unbelieveable, I mean 84yd punts!

Well that will make me look good. I picked him in the 6th for New England in our ES draft.

• Like 1

Been trying to catch up on this thread for weeks now, but every time I have time to read through 3 pages, you all have added 5 more!

Just want to chime in now on a few thiings for the record before the draft. I know I am an outlier on most of these opinions.

1. I'm a big fan of Ekwonu. Read where KDawg is not. What don't you like? Super quick feet, great punch, nasty. His technique isn't always great but if you don't like him because of that then you must've hated Cosmi. I'd be excited if the Commanders took him if he falls. I think his ceiling is much higher than Cross'.
  2. Brisker is really good. Only flaw I see is not great hands, typical for a DB.But he has great closing quickness and play range, great instincts. Not sure why some are down on him especially as a 2nd rounder. I like him much more than Cine or Pitre, maybe equal with Hill although they are different kind of safeties
  3. Not a huge fan of either of the OSU receivers. In fact I would not draft a WR in the first even if they are all there at 11. The first round WRs are all flawed and some projected second round ones have just as high ceilings, if a bit lower floors. I like Metchie, like Going Commando does.
  4. Lloyd is a baller at LB. I wouldn't be disappointed with him in the first.
  5. I agree he's a bit risky but what I have seen of Troy Anderson I like a lot. Ceiling is Luke Keuchly in terms of athleticism, size, and all around football instincts and that may appeal to RR.
  6. I think Muma is being a bit overrated because people assume he will be like Logan Wilson. His film does not show the same player IMO
  7. In general I don't love this draft and I might be looking for opportunities to trade #11 for a 2023 first plus other picks, or maybe a good young player. Not sure Rivera can have that same patience as I do though.
  8. My preferences in order for us at pick 11:
    1. Trade Down 
    2. Trade for a 2023 first
    3. Ekwonu if he falls
    4. Davis
    5. Lloyd
    6. Hamilton
  9. Kolar might be the only decent TE in this draft
  10. I'd be enthusiastic about a Howell or Ridder in the second or a Zappe in the late rounds. Not a big fan of Carson Strong.

3 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Her Dotson comp was Tyler Lockett. Her Burks comp was Dez Bryant. And her Skyy Moore comp was Brandin Cooks.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-pro-comparisons-and-team-fits-for-top-wide-receiver-prospects?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

I would like to see her comps for the unlimited number of busts out of that position. Her current comps have this WR class as all world. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

Been trying to catch up on this thread for weeks now, but every time I have time to read through 3 pages, you all have added 5 more!

Just want to chime in now on a few thiings for the record before the draft. I know I am an outlier on most of these opinions.

1. I'm a big fan of Ekwonu. Read where KDawg is not. What don't you like? Super quick feet, great punch, nasty. His technique isn't always great but if you don't like him because of that then you must've hated Cosmi. I'd be excited if the Commanders took him if he falls. I think his ceiling is much higher than Cross'.
  2. Brisker is really good. Only flaw I see is not great hands, typical for a DB.But he has great closing quickness and play range, great instincts. Not sure why some are down on him especially as a 2nd rounder. I like him much more than Cine or Pitre, maybe equal with Hill although they are different kind of safeties
  3. Not a huge fan of either of the OSU receivers. In fact I would not draft a WR in the first even if they are all there at 11. The first round WRs are all flawed and some projected second round ones have just as high ceilings, if a bit lower floors. I like Metchie, like Going Commando does.
  4. Lloyd is a baller at LB. I wouldn't be disappointed with him in the first.
  5. I agree he's a bit risky but what I have seen of Troy Anderson I like a lot. Ceiling is Luke Keuchly in terms of athleticism, size, and all around football instincts and that may appeal to RR.
  6. I think Muma is being a bit overrated because people assume he will be like Logan Wilson. His film does not show the same player IMO
  7. In general I don't love this draft and I might be looking for opportunities to trade #11 for a 2023 first plus other picks, or maybe a good young player. Not sure Rivera can have that same patience as I do though.
  8. My preferences in order for us at pick 11:
    1. Trade Down 
    2. Trade for a 2023 first
    3. Ekwonu if he falls
    4. Davis
    5. Lloyd
    6. Hamilton
  9. Kolar might be the only decent TE in this draft
  10. I'd be enthusiastic about a Howell or Ridder in the second or a Zappe in the late rounds. Not a big fan of Carson Strong.

I have him third on my list and I think top 20 overall. So I don’t hate him. I don’t think he’s a slam dunk. He is sloppy technique wise in both run and pass. Cosmi only was half sloppy. And Cosmi where we got him was really good value. Ikky gets to level 2 and puts his hat and hands in a bad place and loses his balance. He’s good at level 1 and with some development can be real good. But he reminds me of an athletic Mekhi Becton who I wasn’t real high on but saw some value in. 

Ive watched Brisker 5 times now. Plays soft and gets displaced real easy. I don’t think he’s great in coverage, either. Not a fan.

Edited by KDawg
  • Thumb up 1