Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

11 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Well, the upkeep on the boat is a bit steep.

Washington Redskins Owner Daniel Snyder's 300-foot Megayacht Is An  Expensive Offseason Acquisition

Yep - that's his boat

:229:The Rook

Don't forget all the lawyers he has to pay , so he can keep the team/doesn't go to jail  🤫....oh and that new house. 

• Like 1

Wow- this team sucks so bad. 30 years and counting.

No longer a fan, but knowing the ineptitude of the FO and desire of the prior fanbase to be good, it’s so bad.

The owner on verge of losing the team, the division rival trading picks to get proven stars while the Commies draft second tier players at the same position and mismanaged cap space… such a ****show 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Overall uninspiring draft.  Going into the draft I felt our biggest needs were lb / safety hybrid , WR2, and offensive line depth.  Should have just taken Hamilton at 11 and then get a bigger framed WR in the second.  I feel like we over thought the draft.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Big fan of bringing in Ferrod Gardner. He pops on tape. Got two players from my Alma Mater. Ferrod has a good chance to stick here.

Truthfully and LB has a chance to stick here. Don’t know the guy though so I’ll take your word for it. Hopefully they have some ideas in FA

4 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Truthfully and LB has a chance to stick here. Don’t know the guy though so I’ll take your word for it. Hopefully they have some ideas in FA

No kidding. We need bodies at LB in a bad way. We better be scouting practice squads, USFL Rosters, and potential trades with other teams for modest compensation like we did for Flowers.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

No longer a fan, but knowing the ineptitude of the FO and desire of the prior fanbase to be good, it’s so bad.

The owner on verge of losing the team, the division rival trading picks to get proven stars while the Commies draft second tier players at the same position and mismanaged cap space… such a ****show 

No longer a fan?…yet…here you are.  🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 2

36 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Overall uninspiring draft.  Going into the draft I felt our biggest needs were lb / safety hybrid , WR2, and offensive line depth.  Should have just taken Hamilton at 11 and then get a bigger framed WR in the second.  I feel like we over thought the draft.  

I don’t think so, even though I started the draft with that same impression. Even if we had drafted a big impact player like Hamilton at 11, we still wouldn’t have a true FS on the roster. Likewise the WR we landed at 47 would likely not have been near the caliber of Dotson, especially given how quickly the top 5/6WRs flew off the board, and the drop off in quality after the top 8 or so. 

More importantly, we would not have added the 3rd and 4th which allowed us to majorly upgrade and deepen our RB room, and which landed us a talented young QB to develop for when Wentz is no longer around. Since our 2nd rounder would have been spent on a lesser WR2, we also wouldn’t have been able to land a DT to strengthen our paper thin depth at the position.

Those 3 developments are going to greatly outweigh the impact of just adding Hamilton I think. I completely understand the frustration of bypassing an “elite” player, and am equally troubled by the asset mismanagement, and the occasional perceived lack of value in the timing of certain picks. However, at the end of the draft I’d much rather have Dotson, Matthis, Robinson and Howell on board rather than just Hamilton and a second round WR, which is really what that trade amounts to. 

Edited by Stormy
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Pats traded him for a 1st to the Bills. 🤓

Well, there you go.  

So, ideal solution, we trade Wentz for a first to the Giants for a first and Howell turns into Tom Brady and we win 6 SBs.

EDIT: There is some degree of sarcasm in the above.  But not all of it is sarcastic. Can YOU tell what parts are sarcasm and what parts aren't?  Hmmmmmm?

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Now if that don’t scream super villain….

To me it just screams "I'm rich, tacky, and have no taste"

I'll never understand people who like such gaudy and unsightly monstrosities.

I guess at that point it may just be more about flexing on everyone so you can show the world how rich you are than it is about actually liking the boat itself for its form or function (insofar as it has either of those things...which is debatable) 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stormy said:

I don’t think so, even though I started the draft with that same impression. Even if we had drafted a big impact player like Hamilton at 11, we still wouldn’t have a true FS on the roster. Likewise the WR we landed at 47 would likely not have been near the caliber of Dotson, especially given how quickly the top 5/6WRs flew off the board, and the drop off in quality after the top 8 or so. 

More importantly, we would not have added the 3rd and 4th which allowed us to majorly upgrade and deepen our RB room, and which landed us a talented young QB to develop for when Wentz is no longer around. Since our 2nd rounder would have been spent on a lesser WR2, we also wouldn’t have been able to land a DT to strengthen our paper thin depth at the position.

Those 3 developments are going to greatly outweigh the impact of just adding Hamilton I think. I completely understand the frustration of bypassing an “elite” player, and am equally troubled by the asset mismanagement, and the occasional perceived lack of value in the timing of certain picks. However, at the end of the draft I’d much rather have Dotson, Matthis, Robinson and Howell on board rather than just Hamilton and a second round WR, which is really what that trade amounts to. 

Not to mention most good WRs wouldn't have been there at 47. Huge drop off from Dotson and clearly other teams had Dotson rated highly. People are sleeping on Dotson because he wasn't one of the names the draft media was hyping

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Bonez3 said:

Thanks for stopping by used to be a fan. I know I frequently take time out of my day to post about things I used to care about but don't any longer. And apparently track the moves closely also! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1