Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

9 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I'm going to sit down at some point tonight and post a no-hindsight "Who I Would Have Picked" list in this thread:

I encourage everyone to make a list too, of who you would have picked at,

16 -

47 -

98 -

113 -

144 -

149 -

230 -

240 -

It's a good record to make before your recollections and takes about this draft get biased by hind-sight.

Hard to do this without hindsight already. This should be something we do during the draft

• Like 1

UDFA list based on the players am at least a little familiar with

Kevin Austin

Jojo Domann

Kellen Diesch

Haskell Garrett

Leon O'Neil

Abram Smith

Javion Heiliigh

Gerritt Prince

Jack Sanborn

My favorites for this team would be Prince and Domann and Diesch.  But all IMO would be good gets

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

In recent years we've barely done anything in UDFA, I used to think that was a Rivera thing but i am starting to believe that's a Dan Snyder cash flow thing.  Some teams are willing to get into bidding wars for players, we don't seem to do that.  Dan has been cheap on a number of fronts

• Like 2

Just now, Forever A Redskin said:

Ron and Marty said they're working currently on bringing in 5-10 UDFAs

Bring in Justyn Ross

Kevin Austin

JoJo Domann

Markquese Bell

Smoke Monday

Jack Sanborn

Sterling Weatherford

Bring in every single one of them.

I didn't notice Smoke Monday is an UDFA, I'd add him to my list.  I highlighted months ago Weatherford as one of my darkhorse favs for hybrid so he'd be a good one too. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I'm going to sit down at some point tonight and post a no-hindsight "Who I Would Have Picked" list in this thread:

I encourage everyone to make a list too, of who you would have picked at,

16 -

47 -

98 -

113 -

144 -

149 -

230 -

240 -

It's a good record to make before your recollections and takes about this draft get biased by hind-sight.

This is kind of difficult bc we have the benefit of knowing who kept falling. Most people here who love Howell and don’t put him down for at least the early 4th round pick will be liars lol 

5th round:
Kingsley Enagbare: Seems to be great value as the last pick of the 5th round.  He was off the board in our mock before I began scouting him, though, so I'll defer to our super-smart GM that picked him in the 3rd.

Luke Wattenberg: Not a Packers pick, but this was a guy who went undrafted in our mock draft, but I said people should keep their eyes on after the draft.  I do (obviously) like Cade Mays better, but he wouldn't be drafted until the 6th round.

2 minutes ago, MrJL said:

Carson Strong?

The guy has a great arm and can make all the throws, but that knee. His medicals must not have come back good if not one team was willing to give him a chance. I'd still bring him in and stash him on the Practice squad if nothing else. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In recent years we've barely done anything in UDFA, I used to think that was a Rivera thing but i am starting to believe that's a Dan Snyder cash flow thing.  Some teams are willing to get into bidding wars for players, we don't seem to do that.  Dan has been cheap on a number of fronts

Lawyers are expensive. It doesn't leave much money for other things...like owning a NFL team.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In recent years we've barely done anything in UDFA, I used to think that was a Rivera thing but i am starting to believe that's a Dan Snyder cash flow thing.  Some teams are willing to get into bidding wars for players, we don't seem to do that.  Dan has been cheap on a number of fronts.

In pretty sure they mentored limited bodies due to covid last year, but who knows if that was just an excuse.