Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

People are turning on each other like its a blowout on a gameday thread. AND THERE'S STILL MORE PICKS TO BE MADE!

hahahaha they can call this franchise whatever they want, this is still definitely the Snyder era Redskins.

Edited by SpacePenguin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Ron's assembled a regime that clearly prioritizes need over true value.  3rd time they've done this.

They botched the Payne / DT situation, created a gaping need at DT when there wasn't one, and now just wasted a 2nd rounder on a 4th round prospect. 

As I said in a post a few days ago: this is why this organization never wins; why it keeps spinning in place.   We're a "Finger-in-the-Dike" organization.  We never really build anything.  We create problems where there aren't any and then have to fill that need.  

Just an unbelievable waste of a 2nd round pick.  I'm going to laugh watching Ron and Co. try to justify this horrid pick.  

Funny enough, before the pick I - and plenty of people on the board - were figuring they'd somehow screw this pick up.  Sure enough....

Yep.  Same $#!], different day.

• Like 5

This feels like the sort of thing where we’ll draft an injured “steal” at the end of the 3rd and we’ll all convince ourselves it’s cool to pretend Mathis was our 3rd round pick and our actual 3rd rounder was our 2nd rounder. You all know the feeling 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Conn said:

This feels like the sort of thing where we’ll draft an injured “steal” at the end of the 3rd and we’ll all convince ourselves it’s cool to pretend Mathis was our 3rd round pick and our actual 3rd rounder was our 2nd rounder. You all know the feeling 

Just you wait. Leonard Hankerson is still going to break out one day and be a steal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I will say this… the reaction over the player is too negative. He’s solid. He’ll plug holes, do his job. He’s a space eater and he’s really freakin good at it. Again, I have him overall ranked 50. But my board doesn’t account for value/team needs, etc.

He’s not as good as Travis Jones. 

But this felt like a panic move. 

that’s the issue. I think the range was fine for someone given Jones was off the board and their FO didn’t let their entire DT rotation hit the bricks. 

I think that’s my issue here. Now that I’m thinking about it more. 

But as for the player? He’ll be solid. Not going to make anyone jump from their seat. But he’s good. Steady.

they practically ran up there, so I think they really liked him

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

Did you just post this from 2006? What the **** is this deference to the FO about 

I'm just messing with you guys. It was meant as a meta commentary on how budweiser pounding armchair GMs overreact on draft day every year. Should have included the "/s"

We can all agree that at a minimum, the poster I quoted is still probably better than Mel Kiper. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jlevy08 said:

Yep.  Same $#!], different day.

Ron is not at all good a personal decisions.

if they didn’t want Payne then they should have kept one of the dt we let walk and if he had not bungled the qb trade so badly we would not have had to drop back to get picks we need.

it’s all tied together and ron does not get it

• Like 2

Just now, MrJL said:

they practically ran up there, so I think they really liked him

I get it. He's a solid player. Dude is a beast. We just really needed other positions so much more. But that DL will stay top notch!!! I like the kid. Big boy thats for sure.