Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Nope. Not that kind of athlete or player. He’s a big body space eater. I hate to be too negative because he should be pretty decent for us and I don’t want to down the kid. It’s not his fault he was taken at 47.

But…

What the hell are we doing?

Time will tell I guess. I see a bunch of Albert in him but maybe averages out equal  cuz you get effort on every play not just every other play.  He came on strong and can improve his body. 

2 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

Moving Payne for value now is what a good front office would do. He's not going anywhere, Ron wants his 8 wins this season.

This only works if you think the FO will choose someone worth drafting. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

We would have been in a better bargaining position to draft Payne before we drafted his replacement, right? I'm afraid that trade isn't going to happen. If it does, we're likely to get the raw end of the deal.

Edited by dswerdlw
typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, xxprodigyxx said:

so belichek and baltimore passed on dean too. that means we did good right?????

He’s injured. Torn pec. History of soft tissue injuries apparently. Going to sink like a lead balloon.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I have to think that Payne is dealt tonight.  You draft a DT this high your starter is not going to want to play here.  Man, we could have traded down and done much better, I think.  

With the way we're drafting we would have just used those extra picks on a Punter and another Long Snapper anyway.

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

I would not have expected that voice to come out of that kid who just read New England's pick.

Yeah he must have reached puberty last week. He nailed the announcement though.  Good on him…

1 minute ago, dswerdlw said:

We would have been in a better bargaining position to draft Payne before we drafted his replacement, right? I'm afraid that trade isn't going to happen. If it does, we're likely to get the raw end of the deal.

Yeah a good GM would low ball us after drafting his replacement. edit, trying to draft his replacement.

Edited by RandyHolt

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

He’s injured. Torn pec. History of soft tissue injuries apparently. Going to sink like a lead balloon.

haha thanks. i was just making a point to the others thinking only we are ones passing on this can't miss prospect with no risks.

Like I said… I had this dude ranked 50th overall… but Travis Jones is on the damn board. I have him at 31.

And again, my board is a general board and not specific to our team. You don’t draft a 1-tech in the second round who is a decent player who is a high floor low ceiling guy that is going to be a backup. 

• Like 5

Just now, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

I refuse to believe they have all these scouts, all manners of staff behind the scenes working on some massive big board that they work from on draft weekend and then they come up with this bollocks 😂

Such an irrelevant franchise it’s painful 

What's your qualifications to make this kind of judgement? What successful NFL front office do you work for? Or are you a Division I scout? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, SpacePenguin said:

Moving Payne for value now is what a good front office would do. He's not going anywhere, Ron wants his 8 wins this season.

you know, if we needed to get Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson as our upgraded QB this offseason to be a sgnificant upgrade, then maybe people needed to be less demanding on getting a new one.  Cause I feel like we could have had 8 wins under Heinike last year with just a little luck.  But people were like anyone would be better.  Until we got anyone