Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

I'm calling my shot: QB in the 4th.  My guess is it is Strong. I don't think Corrall will fall that far, and I think the 2nd and 3rd round picks are going to go (in some order) OL and secondary)

I think the QBs are going to continue to fall.  My assumption is Willis will still go in the first somewhere. Howell and Corrall somewhere in the 2nd/3rd.  

It's a real pity for Carolina they don't have another pick until the 4th round.  They are going to be stuck with Darnold, it looks like.  That's not going to work out for them, will it @Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Ron out here taking his time with Terry and the price keeps going up.  

We are complete idiots.  We just drafted a guy who is basically going to do the same job DeAndre Carter did.

We will look back at his and wonder why we passed on Jameson Williams, Kyle Hamilton.....the list will go on for a while

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You can always tell who only follows the TV shows and who watches these prospects based on the comments.

People don’t understand how similar Dotson/Olave are.

The biggest weakness Dotson have that Olave excels at is getting off the press. But while he works on his hands for that, we can utilize short motions and off the line alignments. And watching film Dotson’s feet look alright from what I see. Needs to use his hands better. 

Otherwise Dotson and Olave have the same strength: route running and finding holes in zones.

Olave doesn’t break tackles. Literally doesn’t break them. He has like 2 in his entire college career. 

Dotson is MUCH better at that. He is a scrappy player who runs through arm tackles.

Dotson 4.43. Olave 4.39.

Thats it. Very similar prospects.

I think Dotson’s physicality makes him the better player.

For me it’s not about olave. It was always about Williams because I think he’s the best receiver in the draft. I’d have felt better if we traded and got Detroit’s picks. 

Id rather have Williams or hamilton. But we will see. 

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Ok, but if you are a Washington fan, I guess I just don't get why you are mad they got the QB they wanted without having to trade up.  Why hate the Steelers?  They aren't rivals, not even in the same conference.  

Jealousy. They've been much better in the decade I've lived here, and if they get to just luck into back-to-back franchise QBs without even having to be bad to do so it'll make me want to slit my wrists even more than usual.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Fair point,  he’s been meh for me so far so we’ll see if that changes with wentz at the helm

Make no mistake, I'm not a huge fan or his agent or anything.  

But one thing I have been impressed with is his schemes get people open (if you watch the all-22, you see guys running free, and the QB just flat not seeing them or not able to hit them) and he adapts his game plan to the weaknesses of the opponent.  

I think there's something to him, but now he really should have the ability to open it up and have a somewhat dynamic offense.  Wentz is NOT an elite QB.  But he's a legitimate starter.  So they should be better.  

By the way, for those of you who say "we don't need a receiver!!" The Cards have Denadre Hopkins, drafted a WR last year, and still traded a 1st for Marquise Brown.

The Eagles drafted a WR in the 1st the last two years(granted one looks like a bust) and still traded a 1 for another stud.

You need weapons weapons weapons in today's NFL. If you're banking on Dyami freaking Brown as your #3 you're miles behind the rest.

• Like 5

I think the gut reaction to the Dotson pick was a reach. If he was our pick at #47 we'd be thrilled. But how much of this was based on the pre-draft mocks? Not saying Dotson at #16 wasn't a reach, but the tape looks good ... maybe we'll talk ourselves into the pick. This time last year I remember people trying to talk themselves into the Davis pick and while some tape looked good we all knew he was raw. That doesn't seem to be the case with Dotson

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moondog said:

For me it’s not about olave. It was always about Williams because I think he’s the best receiver in the draft. I’d have felt better if we traded and got Detroit’s picks. 

Id rather have Williams or hamilton. But we will see. 

It’s fair but Williams is injured and no guarantees how much he sees the field this year. If the medical was iffy no GM/coach that needs to win asap is going to risk that.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You can always tell who only follows the TV shows and who watches these prospects based on the comments.

People don’t understand how similar Dotson/Olave are.

The biggest weakness Dotson have that Olave excels at is getting off the press. But while he works on his hands for that, we can utilize short motions and off the line alignments. And watching film Dotson’s feet look alright from what I see. Needs to use his hands better. 

Otherwise Dotson and Olave have the same strength: route running and finding holes in zones.

Olave doesn’t break tackles. Literally doesn’t break them. He has like 2 in his entire college career. 

Dotson is MUCH better at that. He is a scrappy player who runs through arm tackles.

Dotson 4.43. Olave 4.39.

Thats it. Very similar prospects.

I think Dotson’s physicality makes him the better player.

Watching some of Dotson's highlights it didn't look like he was pressed all that much which is understandable from the perspective of most B10 defensive playcallers. My assumption is they think it's something he has all the tools to get the hang of. I'd be really intrigued to see his cut up against Ohio State and Michigan. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

OMG, GB takes Walker over Lloyd.  There has to be something wrong with Lloyd.

Lloyd is going to be 24 years old.  I played college ball for 4 years and graduated at 21.  I would just be unfair if I was still playing at age 23+.  Grown man playing with kids....he's probably maxed out.

Now Dallas has sat still and will pick up Jermaine Johnson...one of the best pass rushers in the league.

• Like 1