Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, Conn said:

That's a confusing POV since people have been talking about how Olave would be a reach at #11 for a month now, until the Saints took him. If we had stood pat and taken Olave, people here would mostly be saying it was a reach and we telegraphed our pick all offseason. 

Dotson I agree is a slight reach but he's been projected as a guy to go in the early 20's for a bit now, people were salivating over the Chiefs getting him after a potential trade up, etc.

He's a bonafide 1st round guy and WR never pans out the way we think when there's this many 1st rounders, those mid-late 1st round WR's have a very good hit rate and the top guys are often overdrafted in retrospect. 

Well, I like to be confusing. :)

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

So trading 2 3rds for Wentz is not an issue at all right?  They will flame out. 

If he plays well where you get him makes no difference. may not have been there when we pick in the 2nd. 

I think we should call the trade a 2nd and a 3rd until we see otherwise. Since we always suck, they will be at best mid round, likely top 10.

Edited by RandyHolt

1 minute ago, steve09ru said:

With Logan, mckissic and gibson.  We didn’t need another vertical guy as a 3/4 in the first when you can find speed later

Maybe they don't think Samuel is gonna pan out? Something doesn't seem right about this pick even though Dotson may be a great pick? Maybe Dyami Brown isn't cutting it? 

1 minute ago, steve09ru said:

Personally would have rather have gone Hamilton over what’s essentially 2 4ths.

No doubt.

Why not re-sign DeAndre Carter?  This kid will not outperform Carter this year!

Complete idiots.....so disappointed in this pick.  Not happy with this at all.  I just don't understand what we are trying to do.  

• Thumb down 3

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

We have drafted well, per PFF over the last 3 years and this is a deep draft. I would bet the 3rd and 4th rounders we added by trading down are players that play this year. 

Great.  So while we're busy doing our annual collection of players that play, or NFC East rivals are all accruing stud talent.  This team has hardly any true difference makers.  We're just plodding along with "solid" players while everyone else is busy accruing difference makers.  Great...

2 minutes ago, moondog said:

Williams would have hurt this year because of a small ROI. But this team is going to have to hit big on those added picks to convince me it was worth it. Cuz I’m pretty sure Jameson is gonna be special. 

I was against trading back in the first place. I’ve been saying for months you sacrifice quality for quantity. 

I was okay when we did trade back due to the board.

I think we did the best would could have at 16 for a receiver. I think we missed out on Lloyd there. 

• Like 1

Just now, DWinzit said:

next up, Terry

Why I wanted to go WR in the 1st. Roster management. Pay Terry ... and you have Dyami and now Dotson on reasonable rookie contracts for 3-5 years. Samuel at $12 (assuming he plays) could be a bargain, but he's also someone you can cut after this year and save some serious $$ too. But Dyami and Dotson on rookie deals is solid. 

• Like 3