Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

Good morning, everyone. If anyone is interested in moving up to this selection, please let me know soon. Otherwise, I'll post my pick in just a bit. This will be a tough one as my board was nearly picked clean over the last couple rounds. 

With the 110th selection in the 2022 ES Gm's Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select...

DARRIAN BEAVERS, LB, Cincinnati

in5topox40vywgutlqac.jpg

Baltimore needs to improve their run defense up the middle. Malik Harrison and Patrick Queen have not not worked out so well at MLB. If you want to stop the flow, you build a dam. Who better to do so than Beavers?

"Beavers offers value in zone coverage, defending the run, and rushing the passer. He has plenty of experience as a MIKE, SAM, and WILL in both odd and even fronts. He’s proven to be an interchangeable defender. He has experience in four phases of special teams. Prospect Comparison: Zaven Collins (2021 NFL Draft, Arizona Cardinals)"

"At 6'4" and 255 pounds, Beavers is one of the biggest off-ball linebackers in this class, and he plays exactly as his frame would suggest. He packs a ton of force behind his pads, both when tacking on blocks and when making tackles. Beavers' strength and feistiness are only exacerbated by his quick trigger against the run game.

While Beavers may not be a man-to-man cover linebacker, his work in zone coverage and as a blitzer should still give him a role in any defense. He can also flex down to the edge in certain packages, similar to what the New England Patriots do with some of their linebackers.

Beavers projects best as a middle linebacker or strong-side linebacker who can be moved down to the line of scrimmage as a changeup/situational answer. His length, physicality and instant mental processing make him a dangerous run defender with just enough coverage chops to help keep a pass defense unit glued together.

Though Beavers might not have the dynamic speed and explosiveness needed to become a true game-changer at the position, it's hard to find other linebackers in this class as pro-ready and complete as him."
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10021398-darrian-beavers-nfl-draft-2022-scouting-report-for-cincinnati-lb

w

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, duffy said:

With the 102nd selection in the 2022 ES Gm's Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select...

COLE STRANGE, OG, Tennessee-Chattanooga

NFL Draft Profile: Cole Strange, Offensive Guard, Chattanooga Mocs - Visit NFL  Draft on Sports Illustrated, the latest news coverage, with rankings for NFL  Draft prospects, College Football, Dynasty and Devy Fantasy

"Strange came into the offseason as an intriguing Day 3 sleeper. He left the Senior Bowl as a potential Day 2 pick. Now, he’s rising higher in the top 100 range.

Strange put up incredible numbers all around. He logged a 5.03 40-yard dash with a 1.73 10-yard split and also registered a 7.44 three-cone, a 4.5 shuttle, a 28-inch vertical, a 120-inch broad jump, and 31 bench reps. All of those numbers — save for the vertical — are above the 90th percentile."

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-combine-2022-5-offensive-linemen-who-improved-their-draft-stock/

Great pick.  I was back and forth between this guy and Fortner at 95 and it was a coin toss, definitely great value late in the 3rd round.

Edited by WelshSkinsFan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Berggy9598 said:

Apologies everyone life got in the way. Not missed a pick since I started doing this but I have too much on my plate, so if someone can take the 49ers I think that’s best. 

Very glad to see you are OK. Life has to come first. Will look forward to you rejoining next year!!  

• Thumb up 1

With the 113th pick in the NFL Draft the Washington Commanders select

Brian Robinson Jr. RB Alabama

Gibby gets his Thunder, Wentz gets more support, and our offense doesn't fall apart when/if Gibby goes out.

Kid is a worker, team first guy, who has a high floor bit of a capped ceiling potentially.

robinson.jpg

@goskins10on the clock

@KillBill26 on deck

@KillBill26 coming up

@Morrison J coming up

@drowland coming up

@duffy coming up

• Like 2

With the 114th Selection of the 2022 ES Mock Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select: Sam Williams, EDGE Ole Miss - This is a pure BPA pick. 

image.png.0555f8eee7ebb014abb1c0d1ec615880.png

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

I'll be back at my desk around 11 20 and can make both of my picks then.  Great pace!

You are up if you can make your picks now.  If you have to get to your desk understood.   

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

With the 115th pick, the Broncos select RB James Cook, Georgia.

With Melvin Gordon still unsigned, the broncos wanted to add another quality RB as a change of pace for their star in the making javonte Williams.  Dalvins little bro is a patient runner with quickness who is a good fit for Denver's zone scheme.  He also is a threat as a receiver.   Russ is happy with the last two selections.

I think we are all going off of the same list, my BPA got whittled down real quick over the last 10 picks.  I'm up next next, give me a few.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

With the 116th pick, the Broncos select DL Matthew Butler, Tennessee.

Butler is a leader, who is quick with great fundamentals.  He plays with a good motor.  Will be able to contribute as a 3 tech and 5 tech, which will help a unit that lost Shelby Harris in the Russ trade.

@Morrison J, you're up

• Like 2
  • Sad 1