Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

On 12/5/2021 at 10:19 AM, LD0506 said:

I understand the cynical/skeptical take, I honestly do but it's easy to be lured into the trap of discouragement .

NOBODY thought we'd beat the Bucs yanno

While this about setting the stage for rigging the 24 election, they will try to rig elections next year where they can.

The Atlantic: TRUMP’S NEXT COUP HAS ALREADY BEGUN

2022 will definitely be test run for 2024; where they can.

In Abrams case:

They will limit polling places in minority areas. Remove more people off voting rolls. Through out votes of Democrats, they will say these votes are invalid in some way.  I also expect actual physical intimidation also.  The Georgia race is one that Trump will be heavily involved in. 

• Like 1

For years, I thought we'd be better off as a country is Trump just died. Old age, covid, whatever, just gone one day. Then I saw that his infinite ineptitude was good for the democratic base, I figured it was ok for him to stick around in a limited capacity. After Jan 6th and the aftermath, we'd be better off if Trump was gone from the world...but we need him one more time.

Trump getting banned from twitter hurt us, we need to see his stupidity on display everyday. Its the perfect reminder as to why we all came together to vote this fool out. As soon as he decides to run again, reinstate his twitter account. Trust me, its what we need.

19 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Can someone actually run for Congress that isn’t an American citizen?

I suppose they can run, they just can't serve in Congress:

What Are the Qualifications for a Congressman?

You must be at least 25 years old, a citizen of the United States for at least seven years, and live in the state you want to represent.

• Thanks 1

Voters who think Trump won are the most enthusiastic to vote in 2022

The Democrats only have a US Senate majority because they were able to win two Senate runoffs in Georgia in January. Those Democratic wins were made possible by lower turnout among Republican-leaning voters, who may have been deterred from voting after then-President Donald Trump falsely claimed that the November 2020 election was fraudulent and that the runoffs were "illegal and invalid."

But while believing Trump only lost because of fraud may have stopped people from turning out in early 2021, this belief looks to be correlated with a greater likelihood of voting in 2022.

We can already see Trump try to use this to his advantage down in Georgia. GOP Gov. Brian Kemp has a primary fight on his hands against David Perdue, the former senator who lost one of the runoffs earlier this year who has now been backed by Trump. The reason for the former President's support: He felt Kemp didn't do enough to overturn his loss in the state.

The voters who will likely be most attracted to Perdue's candidacy and those like it are going to be those who are big fans of Trump and think incorrectly that he only lost in 2020 because of fraud. There are a lot of them, according to a CNN/SSRS poll completed at the end of the summer.

By a 74%-to-25% margin, Republicans and Republican-leaning independent voters (who we'll call potential Republican primary voters) say that Biden didn't win enough votes to win the 2020 election legitimately.

But it's not just that there are a lot of them. They look to be the ones who are going to be the most likely to cast a ballot next year.

The margin grows to 86% to 13% that Biden didn't win legitimately among potential Republican primary voters who are extremely enthusiastic about voting next year. Compare that to Republicans who are not enthusiastic about voting in 2022: They believe Biden didn't win legitimately by a 62% to 38% margin.

Click on the link for the full article

Herschel Walker campaign deletes a false claim saying the Republican candidate for Senate graduated from college

Herschel Walker's campaign for Senate removed a false claim -- which inaccurately said the Republican candidate graduated from the University of Georgia -- from a website for his Senate bid, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported.

Walker's campaign deleted the claim, which said that the former football star had "graduated from UGA with a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice," after the Atlanta-based paper asked about the reference Thursday, according to the AJC.

Walker -- a Republican frontrunner in the race for Georgia Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock's seat who has racked up high-profile endorsements from both former President Donald Trump and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell -- released a statement to the AJC on his college trajectory.

"I was majoring in Criminal Justice at UGA when I left to play in the USFL my junior year," Walker told the AJC, referencing the football league. "After playing with the New Jersey Generals, I returned to Athens to complete my degree, but life and football got in the way."

The inaccurate claim that Walker completed a degree in criminal justice has been made before, including on his Amazon author page, his booking agency site and the New Georgia Encyclopedia website.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Actually Elon is on the record as saying don’t pass subsidies for EVs….

No, I meant the OTHER spoiled rich kid (Walker's kid) could complain about the price of EVs even if Elon just gave him a free one (and he can easily afford to buy one, or have daddy buy one, anyway, just like he can even the largest tank of gas) as some kind of publicity thing. I didn't mean that Elon (different child of a rich man) would complain about the price of EVs.

8 hours ago, GhostofSparta said:

No, I meant the OTHER spoiled rich kid (Walker's kid) could complain about the price of EVs even if Elon just gave him a free one (and he can easily afford to buy one, or have daddy buy one, anyway, just like he can even the largest tank of gas) as some kind of publicity thing. I didn't mean that Elon (different child of a rich man) would complain about the price of EVs.

You said Elon would buy in on Biden not giving away enough subsidies.

Biden isn't giving away enough subsidies so his car is too expensive and that's also Biden's fault. I think you can get your boy Elon to buy in on this one.”

Anyway, no need for all that apparent aggression sweetie.

GOP gubernatorial candidate’s campaign video celebrates Minnesota with stock images from Eastern Europe

In a recent campaign video by Minnesota Republican gubernatorial candidate Dr. Scott Jensen, worldly stock footage abounds. The clips purport to be from all over the state; from Rochester in the south to Ortonville on the state’s western edge and Warroad, almost on the Canadian border.

“Minnesota is a marvel,” Jensen narrates. “Its natural beauty and rich history are like none other in the world.”

But the hockey-playing kids and sober-faced farmers aren’t Minnesotans, or even Americans. Much of Jensen’s stock footage comes from countries including Russia, Ukraine, Thailand and the U.K.

ITASCA-compare-3500x1080-1-1024x316.png

LEFT: Screenshot at 0:05 of Jensen’s video; RIGHT: Shutterstock screenshot from the Spain-based “BublikHaus” account

willmar-compare-3500x1080-1-1024x316.png

LEFT: Screenshot from Jensen’s video at 0:35; RIGHT: Shutterstock screenshot from a video taken near Lviv, Ukraine by “mpohodzhay”

EAGAN-compare-3500x1080-1-1024x316.png

LEFT: Screenshot from Jensen’s video at 0:43; RIGHT: Shutterstock screenshot from a Thailand-based account

WARROAD-compare-3500x1080-1-1024x316.png

LEFT: Screenshot from Jensen’s video at 1:32; RIGHT: Shutterstock screenshot from the Russia-based “Pressmaster” account

Republicans could flip two Senate seats in Georgia and Nevada, new GOP polling shows

Next year’s Senate elections in Georgia and Nevada are shaping up to be close, with President Joe Biden’s falling popularity raising GOP hopes of unseating Democrats, according to recent polling by the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

In Georgia, it’s a dead heat, with Republican Herschel Walker, the former football star, at 49 percent and Sen. Raphael Warnock at 48 percent among likely voters.

In Nevada, 46 percent of registered voters said they would vote for Republican Adam Laxalt, the state’s former attorney general, and 42 percent favored Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto.

The numbers were included in a memo the National Republican Senatorial Committee, or NRSC, sent to supporters Tuesday, which was obtained by NBC News. Polling in both contests has been sparse heading into 2022, but the NRSC’s results match data from other recent surveys that show tight races in Georgia and Nevada.

• Sad 1

Dr. Oz and wife thought they'd hung up — got caught raging against "f**king girl reporter"

Dr. Mehmet Oz and his wife Lisa were overheard by a journalist describing her as a "****ing girl reporter" after they failed to hang up successfully while trying to duck her phone calls.

New York Magazine reporter Olivia Nuzzi traveled to Pennsylvania to profile Oz's Republican Senate campaign but had difficulty tracking down the celebrity doctor or any signs of an actual campaign. After contact with the campaign "proved elusive," she wrote, she showed up at Oz's empty campaign office and asked a nearby business owner to connect her with Oz's family. She was ultimately able to reach Lisa Oz, who hung up on her. When Nuzzi tried again, Lisa Oz presumably intended to hang up again, but connected her phone to her car's sound system instead, allowing Nuzzi to hear her conversation with her husband.

"It's Olivia from the New Yorker, the woman who talked to Michelle," Lisa Oz said, referring to Nuzzi's interview with a family friend.

Nuzzi tried to interject at that point, but they did not appear to hear her.

"Michelle should have never spoken to her," Dr. Oz told his wife. "That's who's down at the office now."

"Who's down at the office?" Lisa Oz asked.

"She's down at the office. Your father called and said there's a reporter from the New Yorker waiting for me down there who said she had an appointment … We? We had an appointment to meet today!" Dr. Oz replied, though Nuzzi has said she never claimed to have made an appointment.

"You think she made it up?" Lisa Oz asked.

"I think she made it up completely!" Dr. Oz said. "It's called lying also. It's called being a liar."

"This ****ing girl reporter. This is the girl reporter who broke into some guy's house and stole all his photo albums," Lisa Oz said, referring to an accusation that Nuzzi has said was "made up by disgraced ex-Trump aide Corey Lewandowski in retaliation after I had reported details of his Single White Male obsession with a White House official."

Click on the link for the full story

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Ehh, I’d rather get away from electing pseudo-celebrities who worked with Donald Trump and defended him from allegations of being a racist.

Recall the comment that Trumpism is Scientology, but with worse celebrities.  

• Haha 1