Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

On 9/29/2021 at 6:30 PM, China said:

Texans Don’t Want Abbott Back As Governor—But Don’t Want O’Rourke Or McConaughey, Either, Poll Finds

The 2022 Texas governor's race is already attracting a lot of attention, but Texas voters don't seem too excited about the names being floated for the job at this point, according a a Quinnipiac poll, which found most voters don't think Gov. Greg Abbott (R) should be reelected, but also aren't confident that Beto O'Rourke or Matthew McConaughey are good fits for the job.

The poll of 863 Texas voters conducted September 24-27 found only 42% think Abbott is deserving of a third term, while 51% said he should not be reelected.

Democrat Beto O'Rourke, who will reportedly jump into the race, only has 33% of voters believing he'd make a good governor at this point, while 50% think he wouldn't.

O’Rourke has strong support among Democrats, with 81% believing he'd do a good job, but scores poorly among Republicans and independents—84% in the GOP and 55% of independents don't think he'd make a good governor.

Matthew McConaughey, the famed actor who's publicly mulled a run, also doesn't seem to be inspiring potential voters at this point.

A quarter of those polled think he'd do a good job as governor, but 49% say he would not, and his numbers are underwater with Republicans, Democrats and independents.

Democrats are the most confident in McConaughey, with 36% saying they think he'd make a good governor, but only 23% of independents and 17% of Republicans agree.

Abbott is facing a primary challenge from former U.S. Rep. Allen West, who served as chairman of the Texas GOP from July 20, 2020 to July 11, 2021. 

Click on the link for the full article

Fox News Host ‘Wouldn’t Bang’ Beto O’Rourke But Can ‘Explain the Appeal’ of Pete Davidson

Fox News host Dagen McDowell “wouldn’t bang” Beto O’Rourke, the Democrat running for, governor of Texas. She can, however, explain the popularity of another slenderman with mysterious appeal: Pete Davidson.

In an appearance on Fox News late night show Gutfeld!, McDowell joined the show’s eponymous host, medical contributor Dr. Marc Siegel and others for a discussion of the Texas gubernatorial race and Pete Davidson’s ever-expanding list of romantic partners.

As the guests discussed a potential showdown in Texas between Matthew McConaughey, Greg Abbott and O’Rourke, Gutfeld asked McDowell for her “feeling” about the former El Paso mayor with a penchant for campaigning.

“I wouldn’t bang him,” McDowell replied.

“What about Davidson?” Dr. Marc Siegel asked.

“I can explain the appeal of Davidson,” McDowell said. “He makes people laugh.”

Davidson, a star of Saturday Night Live, was most recently tied to Kim Kardashian.

“Gentlemen: if you ever want to get in a girl’s britches, make em laugh,” she said.

Click on the link for the video

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't know the first thing about Dr. Oz, other than he's on TV.  But whatever, apparently if you're a celebrity that qualifies you for office somehow. 

He turned out to be a whole lot kookier than I thought he was. 

His daughter is an amazing chef, tho...I just hope she's sane. 

Wait.  How did "Washington get COVID wrong."  Wasn't Trump the first person in Washington to deal with COVID.  So is Dr. Oz vaccinated?  

"Hi, I am a BS doctor and friend of President Trump.  One night after drinking in Mar A Lago, Trump was bragging about his political skills.  I told him it was easy to get the conservative rubes to vote for him. He bet me a NYC apartment building that I couldn't win a PA Senate seat.  So here I am, talking about the American Spirit, Freedom and how Washington lacks doctors in our governmet and how I am going to change Washington!  Vote for me!"

BREAKING: Stacey Abrams is running for Georgia governor in 2022

Stacey Abrams launched a campaign for Georgia governor Wednesday with a pledge to fight for economic equality and expand health care access, setting up a potential rematch against Republican Gov. Brian Kemp in one of the nation’s most competitive political battlegrounds.

The Democrat announced her campaign with a video that highlighted her work in the state since her narrow 2018 defeat to Kemp, along with a message that “opportunity and success in Georgia shouldn’t be determined by your ZIP code, background or access to power.”

Her decision, long expected by local Democrats, clears the way for what could be a titanic showdown between two longtime political rivals. That is, if Kemp survives a fight for the GOP nomination first.

Abrams lost to Kemp by less than 1.4 percentage points in 2018, the closest Georgia gubernatorial election in decades, and her refusal to concede defeat because of what she called an “erosion” of voting rights made her an icon to many Democrats and a villain to conservatives.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

Koch Industries buys GOP Senate candidate's company

A division of industrial giant Koch Industries has bought Senate hopeful Jim Lamon's company, likely providing a cash infusion for the Arizona Republican as he pours huge sums of his own money into the race.

Why it matters: Lamon is vying for the GOP nomination to take on Democratic Sen. Mark Kelly in what is expected to be one of the most competitive — and expensive — races of the 2022 midterms.

There's no indication the deal was influenced by any political considerations. Americans for Prosperity Action, the leading political arm of the Koch network, has not reported any expenditures in the Arizona Senate race this year.

Lamon has already loaned his campaign $5 million and said he is prepared to spend 10 times that sum.

Lamon, who founded DEPCOM in 2013, held equity in the company worth more than $50 million as of August, according to his candidate financial disclosure form. That's the highest value range candidates are required to disclose.

He has already signaled income from the DEPCOM sale could make its way to his campaign.

Lamon's campaign did not respond to inquiries from Axios.

On 12/1/2021 at 10:40 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

I don't think she wins, the GOP will rig it so she doesn't.

If this was true, Georgia wouldn't of gone to Biden and they wouldn't have two democratic senators. Her hard worked is paying off, its time to take this all the way home.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

If this was true, Georgia wouldn't of gone to Biden and they wouldn't have two democratic senators. Her hard worked is paying off, its time to take this all the way home.

That was 2020. In 2022, the gop doesn’t want the Dems to win again and will make sure no Dems can win.

16 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

That was 2020. In 2022, the gop doesn’t want the Dems to win again and will make sure no Dems can win.

I understand the cynical/skeptical take, I honestly do but it's easy to be lured into the trap of discouragement .

NOBODY thought we'd beat the Bucs yanno

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

They try this every year, that doesn't mean it always works.

It’s different now. Remember the Trump- Maga people are being installed at local elections offices/government that will oversee elections everywhere.

2022 will be the test run for 24.  Even if Stacy actually won, they gop will have votes thrown out as invalid.