Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

21 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I don't remember Clay doing any of that, but I'm old...got a link? 

21 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I don't remember Clay doing any of that, but I'm old...got a link? 

From his Wiki…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clay_Aiken

Citing his appearance on The Apprentice, Aiken defended Donald Trumpagainst accusations of racism during the 2016 presidential race.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Texas primary showdown bursts open after FBI raid

The bitter rematch between Rep. Henry Cuellar and his former-intern-turned-progressive-challenger was riveting South Texas even before the March 1 Democratic primary. Then came an FBI raid of the congressman’s home.

While Cuellar hasn’t been charged with a crime, law enforcement officials' extraordinary move on the congressman’s home and campaign headquarters 26 days before early voting begins has upended the race. The raid is directing a groundswell of money, momentum and powerful endorsements to Democratic rival Jessica Cisneros, a 28-year-old attorney who lost to Cuellar by less than 3,000 votes two years ago.

The looming faceoff between Cuellar and Cisneros in Texas — which has the first congressional primaries of the 2022 midterms — will be an early test for progressives. Liberals are eager to build their footprint in Congress and notch primary wins after a run of disappointing losses in 2021 special elections.

Click on the link for the full article

Texas AG Under Investigation For Corruption Now Isn’t Naming All His Donors

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s (R) reelection campaign missed the Jan. 18 deadline for candidates statewide to publicly disclose all their donors in the second half of 2021 — and his team still hasn’t done so, the Dallas Morning News reports.

Paxton’s report only laid out $652,000 of the $2.77 million he raised in total. The rest is all unaccounted for.

The money Paxton raked in at a fundraiser at Trump’s Mar-A-Lago resort in December isn’t detailed either.

Ken Paxton targets Louie Gohmert in hotly contested primary for attorney general

Attorney General Ken Paxton is zeroing in on U.S. Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Tyler, with weeks left until the March primary in which Gohmert and two other fellow Republicans are trying to force the embattled incumbent into a runoff.

The attack ads suggest that Paxton sees Gohmert as a bigger threat than the other two Republicans in the race — Land Commissioner George P. Bush and former state Supreme Court Justice Eva Guzman.

Earlier this month, Paxton's campaign launched TV ads exclusively in East Texas, which is Gohmert's home base. Then an anti-Gohmert mail piece surfaced from the Paxton campaign. And on Wednesday, Paxton launched Facebook ads targeting Gohmert.

Paxton has criticized individual challengers before this election cycle, but the anti-Gohmert effort marks the first time he is spending real campaign money against one of them. And it comes as Paxton is looking to capture a majority of the vote on March 1 and avoid the protracted fight that comes with a runoff.

As a hardcore conservative who has aligned closely with former President Donald Trump, Gohmert is the most politically alike Paxton — and perhaps the most likely to siphon off the support that Paxton needs to win outright.

Paxton has theorized as much, saying in December that Gohmert was "talked into" running by people who "know that Bush can’t win the primary, and they need votes taken from me to make this a race for Bush." On the campaign trail, Gohmert regularly laughs off the suggestion that Bush allies recruited him.

I used to turn my nose up at Waffle House. Ate there once and had a bad experience. Felt like a sleazy truck stop. Didn’t go back for probably 20 years. Recently a new one opened up 5 minutes from house. Ubered there completely drunk at 6am after a Halloween party and had the most incredible eggs in my life. I’m converted. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I used to turn my nose up at Waffle House. Ate there once and had a bad experience. Felt like a sleazy truck stop. Didn’t go back for probably 20 years. Recently a new one opened up 5 minutes from house. Ubered there completely drunk at 6am after a Halloween party and had the most incredible eggs in my life. I’m converted. 

My hometown finally got one...my mom said she wasn't impressed...I said "Of course not, you're never drunk at 3AM!  If you are, it's the greatest thing ever!  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

39 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

My hometown finally got one...my mom said she wasn't impressed...I said "Of course not, you're never drunk at 3AM!  If you are, it's the greatest thing ever!  🤣

nothing hits like drunk Waffle House eggs 

tho I’ll add since that night I’ve been going back regularly and still damn good 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Trump’s ‘circular firing squad’ threatens GOP midterm gains

Nine months before the midterm elections, nearly everything is falling the Republican Party’s way, from President Joe Biden’s dismal approval ratings to rising gas prices and a seemingly never-ending pandemic.

Yet as the Republican National Committee concluded its winter meeting here on Friday, it was censuring two of its own, Reps. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) and Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), and decrying the House’s Jan. 6 select committee for what Ronna McDaniel, the RNC chair, called the “persecution of ordinary citizens who engaged in legitimate political discourse that had nothing to do with violence at the Capitol.”

In a year in which even many Democrats acknowledge the GOP will likely win the House — and despite Republican lawmakers and strategists pleading with Republicans to keep their focus on pocketbook issues and on Biden — the RNC is still recasting the events of Jan. 6 and chasing down enemies of the defeated former president, Donald Trump.

For all the energy he creates at the party’s grassroots, his stranglehold on the party is emerging as one of the biggest threats to the GOP’s otherwise bright prospects in November.

He has already singled out 10 House Republicans for extinction. He is attacking GOP governors and backing their primary challengers, while meddling in Senate races where it may lead to the nomination of flawed candidates who are ill-suited for a general election. He is fomenting a rebellion against the party’s Senate leader, Mitch McConnell. And this week, in Salt Lake City, it was David Bossie, the former Trump deputy campaign manager, who was leading the effort to kick Cheney and Kinzinger to the curb.

“Some of us who have been around for a while don’t think this makes any sense,” said Bill Palatucci, a Republican National Committee member from New Jersey. “We’ve got Biden in free fall, [Democrats] can’t get anything done in Washington, and for us to convene a circular firing squad, that make no sense to me.”

Mike DuHaime, a former Republican National Committee political director, called the censure “insane.”

I'm not buying it (but would love for it to be true):

Republicans Frantic Trump Fans Will Sit Out the Midterms Because They Think All Elections Are Rigged Now: Report

According to a report from NBC, Republican campaign consultants and candidates are expressing real concern that GOP turnout in the 2022 midterms will be down because of Donald Trump’s insistence that the 2020 presidential election was rigged which is leading some conservatives to believe it makes no difference if they vote.

As candidates at the state level hold town halls looking to improve their chances on the primaries, they are hearing from attendees that they think Trump had the 2020 election stolen from him and are asking why they should bother to come out on election day.

According to NBC’s Alan Smith, candidates are being asked if they believe the 2020 election results were bogus and, if they state they see no evidence of fraud, are facing furious pushback from the voters they hope to claim.

“One year out of office, and with the midterm elections fast approaching, Trump has accelerated efforts to encourage resistance to the reality of his loss. He told his supporters to “never give up” in a statement on the first anniversary of his supporters’ rioting at the U.S. Capitol in a deadly attempt to block the formalization of Biden’s win,” Smith wrote. “In return, there are signs that his voters’ anger over the 2020 election and their belief in the falsehood that his victory was stolen from him has only grown, even as some in the GOP have said they’d prefer to move on and focus on issues that may resonate with a wider swath of the electorate, like inflation.”

That, in turn, the report notes, has some voters claiming they will be staying home.

At a rally in Michigan, Gary Taylor, 65, bluntly stated, “Unless we fix what went down — and I voted ever since I was able to vote — I’m pretty well done. I mean, what’s the point? I think the whole damn thing is corrupt.”

At a rally in Michigan, Gary Taylor, 65, bluntly stated, “Unless we fix what went down — and I voted ever since I was able to vote — I’m pretty well done. I mean, what’s the point? I think the whole damn thing is corrupt.”

Yeah because a certain segment of our population keeps electing criminals like Trump. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Captain Wiggles

On 2/4/2022 at 3:05 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

On 2/4/2022 at 4:42 PM, skinsmarydu said:

I used to go to Steak and Egg on Wisconsin Ave. every Sunday morning after working at a bar on Saturday nights. Was not typically too drunk. We didn't start drinking ourselves until abotu 2 hrs before we closed. Then it was just a matter of how long we stayed to drink after...  typically about 4:30AM to 6:00AM 🙂 Was kind of tough as I had to be back by 11:00AM for my Sunday shift. 

Anyway, Steak and Egg was awesome! Was always packed even at that time. All us bartenders and restaurant workers if nothing else. They had the best short order cook I have ever seen in my life. He was Asian (Chinese I think, but maybe Korean), He didn't speak much English. I only say this becasue he never wrote anything down or looked a ticket. Waitresses would yell out the orders and he would remember it all. Counter and tables full I never saw him make a mistake. We always sat at the counter. It was like watching an artist paint blind and still create a masterpiece.  

Back to topic. Here is McCarthy complaining with a straight face about gerrymandering: These clowns have no shame and know no bounds. BTW: I never heard Brian Tyler Cohen cuss much. He lets one loose here...  🙂  

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trump Fixated on ‘****ing Weird’ Senate Candidate and His Sex Life

Starting at the very dawn of the Biden presidency, a slate of increasingly MAGA-fied Republican candidates have each competed for Donald Trump’s coveted endorsement in the critical, Hunger Games-esque U.S. Senate primary in Ohio. But for the past year, the ex-president has steadfastly refused to pick a favorite and intervene in the intra-party battle, even though the candidates—including the once-clear frontrunner Josh Mandel—have campaigned as if they were overtly simpering parodies of Trumpism.

There are a few key reasons why the twice-impeached former president hasn’t yet endorsed Mandel or anybody else in that race. One reason for the hold-up is that Trump—who has long been addicted to dishing tabloid-style gossip and dirt—has for months told people close to him that he thinks Mandel is a charisma-free weirdo and dork, according to three sources who’ve spoken to Trump about Mandel and the Ohio contest since last year.

In recent months, these sources said, the onetime leader of the free world has even spent an inordinate amount of time gossiping with a large array of advisers and close associates about unconfirmed details of Mandel’s sex life. Trump has privately regurgitated, often in disgust, a wide range of unverified, often completely unvetted, and lurid rumors about the MAGA candidate.

The salacious gossip has frequently found its way to Mar-a-Lago, and wherever else Trump and his political orbit roam, because Republicans opposed to Mandel have actively pushed rumors to Trump, Ohio political circles, and reporters at major news outlets, the sources independently said.

“The [former] president has used the term ‘****ing weird’ to describe Josh Mandel more than once, when I have spoken to him about” Mandel, one of the people said. “He has talked about [Mandel] and sex in the same sentence more times than I would have liked to hear.”

Louisiana Senate Candidate Literally Torches a Confederate Flag in New Campaign Ad

Gary Chambers Jr.’s first campaign ad was short and simple: The Louisiana Senate Candidate alone, in a park in New Orleans, sitting in a leather armchair, smoking a massive blunt. The ad landed him a wave of press, all of which, he told Rolling Stone, were part of an attempt to prove that the race to unseat incumbent Republican Sen. John Kennedy was “winnable.”

Now, Chambers is back with more fuel for the viral-marketing fire. In a new ad titled “Scars and Bars,” a first look at which was provided exclusively to Rolling Stone, he douses a Confederate battle flag in gasoline before lighting it on fire. The gesture makes for a striking image on its own, but like the first ad’s stark shots of Chambers smoking in New Orleans City Park, it’s accompanied by a voiceover monologue that pulls no punches.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2