Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Guardian: Joe Biden's gender discrimination order offers hope for young trans athletes - Discussion Thread

TD_washingtonredskins

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

This is like asking if LeBron should be already to play in the WNBA, they aren't going to, so who cares?

This MTF athlete thing is rare, most in here, including me, disagree with allowing them to play in female sports, for different reasons, while acknowledginghow hard it is to decide what is actually fair.

But my point coming back into this thread is keeping the actual scope of this issue in context versus blowing it up into something bigger then it already is with ridiculous hypotheticals.

It's not a ridiculous hyopothetical.  Should a G leaguer be able to go to the WNBA?  It could happen.

She'll be the LeBron of it.

It's already happening.

An extreme, that I'm presenting, will happen eventually.

What about in MMA.  Tell me.

5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

What I'd like someone to explain to me is how big a deal it would be a MTF to continue competing in male sports?

This is what I proposed earlier. 

to me the best solution is that lia continue to swim in the mens league, and that the mens league be respectful and accepting of her; and probably make accommodations for certain aspects (separate changing room, comes to mind as an obvious one)

That way there is no genetic unfairness imposed on anyone. 

I believe when I said it the other day, my thought was along the lines:

that’s the difficult solution. Changing minds and making that a comfortable situation for her will take a lot of work. And honestly, she’ll likely never get it, it’ll be someone after her that gets it, but that’s sort of the way it works. 

shoving her in the woman’s league and then attacking anyone that has a problem with it as a bigot, is the lazy solution that lets you pat yourself on the back for a job well done then scurry off to find another issue you can find to wave your moral supremacy bat around for. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

She wants to though, she's a girl now.  What are your stipulations?

It’s hard to muster the energy to give a serious answer to a complex issue when the questions don’t really appear to be serious or respectful or genuine in any way. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

It's not a ridiculous hyopothetical.  Should a G leaguer be able to go to the WNBA?  It could happen.

It's already happening.

And it's truly going to matter to people the first time a marginal G-leaguer or college player starts making money in the WNBA. Money that she wouldn't have made as a man in the NBA (not good enough) and money that now a biological woman isn't making in the WNBA. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

What?

Answer the question.

Is it cool for him to play in that league, if he now identified as a woman?

Yes or no.

Yes idgaf. For me sports are about entertainment not the purity of competition because that’s not a real thing. Sports are inherently fair.

The rules set by these sports leagues are made to profit and that’s why I don’t think you can separate the two. 

As for youth leagues, it becomes way more complicated. 

• Like 1

Just now, tshile said:

It’s hard to muster the energy to give a serious answer to a complex issue when the questions don’t really appear to be serious or respectful or genuine in any way. 

Now that's a real confident way of saying that you don't know the answer, so you're going to blame me for the way I speak.  Sorry for if I am brash to you.

And sorry, to everyone, that he doesn't have the energy for a solution here.

Just now, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Now that's a real confident way of saying that you don't know the answer, so you're going to blame me for the way I speak.  Sorry for if I am brash to you.

And sorry, to everyone, that he doesn't have the energy for a solution here.

It’s a 7 page thread. I’ve made enough posts for you to know my answer. 

i was just politely calling you a worthless troll. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Yes idgaf. For me sports are about entertainment not the purity of competition because that’s not a real thing. Sports are inherently fair.

The rules set by these sports leagues are made to profit and that’s why I don’t think you can separate the two. 

As for youth leagues, it becomes way more complicated. 

On this note - I care very differently about pro sports, collegiate sports, and youth sports. 

pro sports - those are private industries and you have no right to be a part of it, so I’m likely to defer to what the people in those leagues want. 

Youth sports I have a serious issue with a girl missing a roster spot because a genetic boy was “better” than her. I have a serious problem with it. 

College is… the tricky one in the middle. But I’m more inclined to lean towards my youth sports opinion, than my pro. Especially so long as collegiate sports are tied to scholarships (and therefore one’s ability to get the education they prefer)

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

I have no problem with an adult who transitioned and met the gender requirements of a league playing in that pro league. 

I don't honestly think will see it happen anytime soon. 

That said, there is already a major female pro wrestler who is transitioned..Nyla Rose.

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

On this note - I care very differently about pro sports, collegiate sports, and youth sports. 

pro sports - those are private industries and you have no right to be a part of it, so I’m likely to defer to what the people in those leagues want. 

Youth sports I have a serious issue with a girl missing a roster spot because a genetic boy was “better” than her. I have a serious problem with it. 

College is… the tricky one in the middle. 

But what about a girl on the hs baseball team that cost a boy a spot (not being a smartass here)? Good for her, right? Which is odd when you think of it..

Edited by The Evil Genius

13 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

It's already happening.

Show me where then, show me a male G Leaguer in the WNBA right now.  I'll wait.

But until it does, let's not go there and focus where we are now, some current problems need current solutions in the context of the sensitivity of the topic at hand.

Is that one example in MMA anymore? Are there any others?

1 minute ago, tshile said:

College is… the tricky one in the middle. But I’m more inclined to lean towards my youth sports opinion, than my pro. Especially so long as collegiate sports are tied to scholarships (and therefore one’s ability to get the education they prefer)

i think college sports are such scam but that’s a conversation for another thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

What about a girl on the hs baseball team that cost a boy a spot? 

Well, and I addressed this earlier:

from a consistency standpoint, I have a problem with it, and generally I value consistency and try to be consistent. 

however, I do not force myself to rigidly adhere to consistency at all times… 

given that the context of the discussion is a unfair advantage due to genetics - I have a hard time caring of a girl basketball player beats out a boy. Have you seen women play basketball? It’s basically a different sport. If she’s that good, then she did it *in spite* of *her* disadvantage. I’m likely to be ok with it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Show me where then, show me a male G Leaguer in the WNBA right now.  I'll wait.

But until it does, let's not go there and focus where we are now, some current problems need current solutions in the context of the sensitivity of the topic at hand.

Is that one example in MMA anymore? Are there any others?

You are supposed to nip problems in the bud.  Forseeing.  Eat the ice cream from the top, not the drips.

Track and field athletes are getting smashed rn.  A few male to female trans wreslers.

When will you start to think this is a problem?  Because if you let it go, the hypotheticals will become reality.  What is stopping it?

6 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

i think college sports are such scam but that’s a conversation for another thread. 

They are also financially a loser for colleges (ad sports are for  high schools). So the idea of a separate Trans league probably isn't feasible (if it was deemed necessary). 

Edited by The Evil Genius

4 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

You are supposed to nip problems in the bud.  Forseeing.  Eat the ice cream from the top, not the drips.

But if you keep leading with extreme hypotheticals, it makes it difficult to focus in what the actual problem is and what to do about it. As if some folks had any other reason to sit and do nothing (see climate change)

Track and field athletes are getting smashed rn.  A few male to female trans wreslers.

How common is this?  Olympics?  WWF?

When will you start to think this is a problem?  Because if you let it go, the hypotheticals will become reality.  What is stopping it?

I never said it wasn't a problem (MTF athletes in female sports), but we need to stay focused on the actual problem as it is right now instead of preparing to problems that don't exist and frankly don't make sense.

Edited by Renegade7

Just now, Renegade7 said:

But if you keep leading with extreme hypotheticals, it makes it difficult to focus in what the actual problem is and what to do about it. As if some folks had any other reason to sit and so nothing (see climate change)

How common is this?  Olympics?  WWF?

I never said it wasn't a problem (MTF athletes in female sports), but we need to stay focused on the actual problem as it is right now instead of preparing to problems that don't exist and frankly don't make sense.

Again, the idea of it being an "extreme hypothetical" vs. a scenario that is literally allowed to happen.

It's literally allowed to happen.

Why?

Is it okay that it is allowed to happen?

21 minutes ago, tshile said:

So if they extended roster spots by how many trans players made the team, ensuring no one that would have typically made the team missed out, how would you feel?

59 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

What?

Answer the question.

Is it cool for him to play in that league, if he now identified as a woman?

Yes or no.

If he adheres to whatever the league lays out as their rules regarding this issue then sure, why not? It's a private league and it's their rules, not mine. 

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

If he adheres to whatever the league lays out as their rules regarding this issue then sure, why not? It's a private league and it's their rules, not mine. 

So basicially, you adhear to rules without thinking for yourself that they might be ****ed up.

Talk about slippery slope.

Where are your limits, when it comes to allowing an actual sport?

Because your argument would allow gladiator duels.

• Confused 1