Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Guardian: Joe Biden's gender discrimination order offers hope for young trans athletes - Discussion Thread

TD_washingtonredskins

32 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Again, the idea of it being an "extreme hypothetical" vs. a scenario that is literally allowed to happen.

It's literally allowed to happen.

Why?

Is it okay that it is allowed to happen?

Given the sensitivity of this issue, I don't recommend using a nuke on a nail, use a hammer for right now. 

I don't recommend every sports organjzation at every level trying to address this issue at the same time right this very moment, especially because we are still debating what's actually fair or not.

I cannot even promise that we all should be or will be on the same page about this topic in context of the nearly unlimited number of sports that can be played.

Hey, we should make bullfighting a thing.  Private company!

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Given the sensitivity of this issue, I don't recommend using a nuke on a nail, use a hammer for right now. 

I don't recommend every sports organjzation at every level trying to address this issue at the same time right this very moment, especially because we are still debating what's actually fair or not.

I cannot even promise that we all should be or will be on the same page about this topic in context of the nearly unlimited number of sports that can be played.

Sounds like a bunch of diversion.

We need to get to the bottom of this.

For starters, should men transitioning to women at 18 allowed to play sports with women?  Yay or nay?  If you have a solution, present it.  Please!!!

7 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

So basicially, you adhear to rules without thinking for yourself that they might be ****ed up.

Talk about slippery slope.

Where are your limits, when it comes to allowing an actual sport?

Because your argument would allow gladiator duels.

I have zero problems if Trumpers want to have duels between themselves. 

17 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I can't believe this conversation is still going.  

Can you really not believe it?? 🤣

I mean, I'm ready for people to relax on a Friday afternoon but here we are. 

3 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Trumpers?  Okay.  Political.  I don't do politics.  What else you got.

That's pretty much the extent of what I would find acceptable for duels. Generally any hate group. 

Acknowledging or adhering to rules is not the same as agreeing with rules. 

Edited by Hersh

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Can you really not believe it?? 🤣

I mean, I'm ready for people to relax on a Friday afternoon but here we are. 

That's pretty much the extent of what I would find acceptable for duels. Generally any hate group. 

Acknowledging or adhering to rules is not the same as agreeing with rules. 

You would accept death matches legally sanctioned?

Damn, and I thought people here thought I was a right winger.

You got me covered, comrade.

15 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Hey, we should make bullfighting a thing.  Private company!

Sounds like a bunch of diversion.

Diversion from what?

We need to get to the bottom of this.

Why the sense of urgency to squash this issue everywhere if it isn't everywhere?

For starters, should men transitioning to women at 18 allowed to play sports with women?  Yay or nay?  If you have a solution, present it.  Please!!!

My initial reaction is no, and I've already said that.

I do NOT have a solution yet, and want to emphasize that the solution to the problem should be specific to the actual problem, NOT an extreme hypothetical one.

I'm with case by case basis on this issue for now, not an across the board state level solution like Utah governor shot down.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

So if they extended roster spots by how many trans players made the team, ensuring no one that would have typically made the team missed out, how would you feel?

I still have issue with things like playing time and being a captain 

but, in terms of just the idea of a roster spot, it would take care of that aspect of it. 

honestly I think if you remove trans from the picture - it’s not hard to understand that it’s unfair to let a genetic boy play in a girls league/team. 

I don’t think the idea that a man identified as a woman, changed anything about what is and isn’t fair about it. 

i think the correct response is they play in mens leagues, and society figures out how to be ok with that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Diversion from what?

Why the sense of urgency to squash this issue everywhere if it isn't everywhere?

My initial reaction is no, and I've already said that.

I do NOT have a solution yet, and want to emphasize that the solution to the problem should be specific to the actual problem, NOT an extreme hypothetical one.

I'm with case by case basis on this issue for now, not an across the board state level solution like Utah governor shot down.

That's fair.  You do not have a solution yet.  However, that is acknowledging there is a problem.

Why is it our duty to figure it out?

Transition period must be 3 years.  There.  For starters.  Combat sports?  I dunno yet.  I'm thinking you can't if you were born a boy.

11 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

That's fair.  You do not have a solution yet.  However, that is acknowledging there is a problem.

Why is it our duty to figure it out?

Transition period must be 3 years.  There.  For starters.  Combat sports?  I dunno yet.  I'm thinking you can't if you were born a boy.

No one is denying there is a problem here, but that problem doesn't have an equal impact everywhere it's seen so it's currently unreasonable to adopt an equal solution while we are still debating what is fair or not and where.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

No one is denying there is a problem here, but that problem doesn't have an equal impact everywhere it's seen so it's currently unreasonable to adopt an equal solution while we are still debating what is fair or not and where.

I don't get it.  This should be at the forefront of the debate, if we really care about women and transgender people.  Let's figure it out, not just sweep it under the rug for future cleanup.

9 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I don't get it.  This should be at the forefront of the debate, if we really care about women and transgender people.  Let's figure it out, not just sweep it under the rug for future cleanup.

It's not kicking it down the road if it isn't a problem everywhere yet, diving bombing directly into eliminating the "problem" everywhere and in every possible hypothetical extreme before it even happens doesn't help women or transgender people either.

I'm not in the business of being offended FOR people and trying to fix their problems for them based on that.  As a minority, I can't stand when people do that, it reminds me of the Latinx crap.

This is one of those threads I wish someone was actually transgender and would set us all straight in this issue from their perspective. In the meantime, I admittedly need to do more research into what current MTF female athletes want and believe is fair, in context that I've made the mistake of giving too much of my opinion of what I think is fair while not being transgender nor a female, let alone an athlete. 

So, I'm gonna step back and go back to work, yall have fun...

Edited by Renegade7