Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

My current wish list that could change:

Malik Hooker, S

Lavante David, LB (high cost player)

If we can’t get David: Jayon Brown, LB

Corey Davis, WR

Alex Erickson, WR

Mike Hilton, CB

I check out how much Ertz is going to want. If it’s reasonable add him. I don’t care if he can’t block. He’s TE2. Just catch passes and run with the ball. 

Draft:

BPA with weight that hopefully nets a LT, WR, Bellcow back, QB, LB, FS

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Malik Hooker, S

Corey Davis, WR

Alex Erickson, WR

Mike Hilton, CB

I check out how much Ertz is going to want. If it’s reasonable add him. I don’t care if he can’t block. He’s TE2. Just catch passes and run with the ball. 

Draft:

I actually like your FA, I hope we sign Hooker to a prove-it deal just like we did with Darby. I don't want him signed to a long-term contract with his injury history.

• Like 2

Lavonte David would be my number one target with Allen Robinson a close second. Getting both would be amazing, although I don't think TB let's David go.

I'm not really in the Ertz camp and would prefer snagging a younger TE or two, (or even a pass-catching TE and a hybrid blocking TE/FB).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Lavonte David would be my number one target with Allen Robinson a close second. Getting both would be amazing, although I don't think TB let's David go.

I'm not really in the Ertz camp and would prefer snagging a younger TE or two, (or even a pass-catching TE and a hybrid blocking TE/FB).

Ertz is a major “how much?” Question mark. With Thomas emerging getting him isn’t a necessity. But his pass catching is a welcome addition... if the price is right.

I think he’s going to be a touch more expensive than we’ll want to pay. But kick the tires, imo.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Some guys I'm thinking would be great additions considering need and cost:

WR Curtis Samuel

WR Corey Davis

LB Lavonte David

LB KJ Wright

LB Jayon Brown

FS Malik Hooker

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

Malik Hooker, S

Corey Davis, WR

Alex Erickson, WR

Mike Hilton, CB

To me ILB is the biggest need and will shoot end out with one of these and they are in my wish order:

David Brown Wright

Then they need at least one FA WR

I like Davis or Samuel 

They need at least one DB and Hooker would be a great fit

Hoping there a bunch of decent cuts because there are many upgrades that are required. The more in FA the easier it will be to draft BPA

I could easily see a Tyrod Taylor also...maybe Brissett

Needs-2 LBs, FS, CB, QB, LT, WR, slot WR, all around good TE (Redskin unicorn), big RB, OG

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

My primary targets:

Curtis Samuel WR

JuJu WR

Jonnu Smith TE

Jayon Brown LB

Marcus Maye S

Others for consideration:

Marcus Williams S

Matt Milano LB

Hasson Reddick LB/Edge

Alejandro Villanueva OT

Ty Sambrailo OT

Rumored link with Aaron Jones. Not sure I been keen on the contract, but really would the player.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

My primary targets:

Curtis Samuel WR

JuJu WR

Jonnu Smith TE

Jayon Brown LB

Marcus Maye S

Others for consideration:

Marcus Williams S

Matt Milano LB

Hasson Reddick LB/Edge

Alejandro Villanueva OT

Ty Sambrailo OT

Rumored link with Aaron Jones. Not sure I been keen on the contract, but really would the player.

I'd love to get Maye. He's a true FS that can swing over to SS pretty easily, which is the opposite of what we're always trying to do.

Milano would be a nice affordable option too. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

If Jerry doesn't want to cough up a big enough contract and gets cheap with the Tag and tries to go transition instead we should take a run at Prescott.  Failing that the Ravens did release RGIII today.

I mean, could you imagine if that "cheap free agent with upside" we bring in is actually RG3? That can't happen, right

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, London Kev said:

I am in the same place, I'd rather get two big time impact players then lets say 4 good players.

I could go Lavonte David and Allen Robinson and then call it a day.

But if I had to go Plan B it would be guys among:

Kj Wright: MLB

Jayon Brown:  MLB

Marcus Maye:  FS

John Johnson:  FS

Justin Simmons:  FS

Xavier Rhodes:  CB (if cheap)

Curtis Samuel:  WR

Hunter Henry:  TE

Nelson Agholor:  Wr (if cheap)

Gerarld Everett (TE)

I was a Godwin guy until the playoffs where he's been "meh". 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, KDawg said:

Malik Hooker, S

Corey Davis, WR

Alex Erickson, WR

Mike Hilton, CB

Draft:

Per usual I agree on the free agent side. Would be great if we can even just uncover even ONE guy like McKissic or Thomas this year that simply fits our system and thrives in it when given a chance. 

Still makes me sad we couldn’t pry Njoku away from Cleveland last year for a reasonable or even steal of a deal. He’d be great to pair with Thomas but that ship sailed. 

Gerald Everett draws big time comparison before the draft

2017 NFL Draft: South Alabama star tight end Gerald Everett has drawn some top 40 hype and now has a lofty comparison attached to his name…

The 2017 NFL Draft is filled with big time tight end prospects, but one guy that is perhaps flying a bit too far under the radar right now is South Alabama’s Gerald Everett.

Everett was a standout at this year’s Scouting Combine, where he absolutely blew up all of the drills, including running a 4.62 in the 40 yard dash at around 240 pounds.

Everett’s physical abilities weren’t wasted on the field, as he racked up 12 touchdowns over the past two seasons and has established himself as one of the most interesting tight end prospects in a draft full of great players at that position.

He made quite an impression on Pro Football Focus’ analysis team, which determined after their scouting of Everett at South Alabama that he resembled a future Hall of Fame tight end — Los Angeles Chargers star Antonio Gates.

Everett may never reach Gates’ Hall of Fame status, but both players entered the NFL draft with limited football experience after growing up on the basketball court rather than the football field. Everett, like Gates, is just exploding with athletic ability at 6-foot-4 and 240 pounds as he enters the draft, but his technique – both as a blocker and as a route-runner – needs to be polished up, likely due mostly to a lack of experience.

– Pro Football Focus on South Alabama TE Gerald Everett

One way or another, Everett looks like he will be an exciting player at the next level. He’s the 39th ranked player overall by NFL.com, and the 70th ranked player by NFL Draft Scout.

Daniel Jeremiah has had him ranked in the top 50 at one point or another throughout the offseason, but his latest board has him on the ‘just missed’ list.

If possible to get Everett on day two and pair him with another player you get in the first round, I think he can be phenomenal value.

https://nflmocks.com/2017/04/19/gerald-everett-draws-big-time-comparison-draft/

https://jetsxfactor.com/2020/12/28/new-york-jets-2021-free-agent-targets-te-gerald-everett/

Everett is also an underrated blocking tight end. In 2020, he owns a run blocking grade of 62.9 at Pro Football Focus, good enough for 32nd of 80 qualified tight ends (61st percentile).

• Like 3

With the projected cap seemingly lower than what everyone was hoping for we have to be a lot more guarded with our space than we anticipated. 

Obviously that could change again... but teams are going to have to adjust FA expectations and some of the FAs are going to have to take cheaper deals... or sit.

17 minutes ago, KDawg said:

With the projected cap seemingly lower than what everyone was hoping for we have to be a lot more guarded with our space than we anticipated. 

Obviously that could change again... but teams are going to have to adjust FA expectations and some of the FAs are going to have to take cheaper deals... or sit.

I think some may threaten to sit.

You can also add years onto deals, extend the period of which you can spread the signing bonus over. Or contracts with likely to be earned incentives included that defers some spend by a year. 

However, I would say a dozen or so teams are in a tough spot.

We should consider extending Moses a couple of seasons and giving Jon Allen a long term deal. And Smith should be designated a post June 1st.

Then we have 60mil plus in space at very little offset loss.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Matt Milano LB

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Milano would be a nice affordable option too. 

I did not include Milano in my list but fits the mold of the type of player this team has gone after. 

He isn't quite as talented as the other 3 ( David Brown Wright) but younger and cheaper. They all fit a huge upgrade need for WTF

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of taking a flyer on John Ross. His athleticism is incredible and he has experience returning kicks. In fact, he had multiple TDs in college. I think he had 5 in one season and 3 of them were called back on penalties. 

Definitely worth buying low, especially if the cap is lower than anticipated. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of taking a flyer on John Ross. His athleticism is incredible and he has experience returning kicks. In fact, he had multiple TDs in college. I think he had 5 in one season and 3 of them were called back on penalties. 

Definitely worth buying low, especially if the cap is lower than anticipated. 

Another potential  low cost speedster to keep an eye on will be Isiah McKenzie.  Though I do wonder if a healthy Emmanuel Hall could compete for that type of role.

Ideally, they can get one of the top WR (Robinson, Golladay, Godwin, Davis, Smith-Schuster), maybe draft a guy with our top 4 picks, Sims, Harmon, Gandy-Golden, and a cheaper speedster.  Then take the best 5-6 out of that group.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KDawg said:

Ertz is a major “how much?” Question mark. With Thomas emerging getting him isn’t a necessity. But his pass catching is a welcome addition... if the price is right.

I think he’s going to be a touch more expensive than we’ll want to pay. But kick the tires, imo.

Agreed.  Ertz won't be coming here as a centerpiece.  He will be a TE2.  The guy had 88 catches in 2019, and 116 in 2018.  I have a hard time believing he just hit a wall and is done.  He could be a guy that could flourish in a supplementary role.  But like you said, it's all about the price tag.