Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

51 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

So is it safe to say our current depth chart for LB:

SLB - Holcomb, VACANT

MLB - VACANT, Bostic

WLB - VACANT, Hudson

I don't expect Foster or JHC to make the team.  

So hopefully we get two starting lbs, one in FA and one in the draft, and draft a late round slb/teams player.  Then look to potentially upgrade SLB next year, with holcomb playing the backup/teams role.

I didn't see the Jets signed jarrad davis til right now.  DOH!

Maybe avery williamson as an early down thumper?  Would be relatively low cost, and could be a bridge to future mlb.  Seems like he had a decent showing in 2020 with pitt.  But is he too similar to bostic, and why replace him with a carbon copy?

Kwon alexander won't be healthy by the opener, and he is coming if a major achilles injury, but maybe sign him to a reasonable multi yr deal knowing year 1 will be limited?

Kyle Van noy is talented, and can play all three lb positions.  He would be a great guy to have while we sort out our lb unit. 

KJ Wright has been mentioned here plenty, definitely an upgrade for us, and would fill our wlb need.

Elandon roberts could be a good stopgap for us at mlb.  Supposedly he is pretty stout vs the run, and the Patriots brass seemed to like him, which is a good sign for a lb.   

Hopefully we get a starter at lb in free agency soon, then another relatively early in the draft.  The depth chart is very weak as it stands right now.

This is a good breakdown. Lets all remember Mayhew drafted KVN. If I’m KVN though, I’m trying to stick to a 3-4 scheme because thats where he has had his most success

KJ Wright is the most interesting option but, outside of age, the other issue is he is not a great athlete. He is not a sideline to sideline guy. What he is is a very smart long limbed aggressive player that is really good against the run and solid in zone coverage. He will struggle a bit in man. It’s why he’s been better as a SAM vs as a MIKE. I don’t think he’s a WLB.

Still, given the available options, he is my number one option

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, method man said:

KJ Wright is the most interesting option but, outside of age, the other issue is he is not a great athlete. He is not a sideline to sideline guy. What he is is a very smart long limbed aggressive player that is really good against the run and solid in zone coverage. He will struggle a bit in man. It’s why he’s been better as a SAM vs as a MIKE. I don’t think he’s a WLB.

Still, given the available options, he is my number one option

Re: kj wrights position.  Looks like he played wlb for years, then switched this last season.

Rookie Jordyn Brooks didn’t enter the lineup full-time until Week 7. But once he did, with K.J. Wright moving to strongside linebacker in the base defense to make room, it led to a cohesion at the linebacking spot that contributed heavily to better team defense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-position-overview-k-j-wrights-future-the-big-question-for-seattles-linebackers-in-2021/%3famp=1

https://www.fantasyguru.com/seahawks-k-j-wright-to-stay-at-wlb/

Seahawks WLB K.J. Wright

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football/nfl/player/11675/kj-wright/news

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Everett signed a 1 year deal for $6m in Seattle. One of my targets. Probably turn to the draft at this point and assume Baugh/Moss emerge as a solid option as well. 

1 year deal territory. Too bad. Hoped we’d be able to lock Up some contributors the next few years. 

Lot of guys still available especially for 1 year deals - Cook, Rudolph, Hollister, Eifert, Kroft and James. None of these guys is a TE1 but could be solid TE2 options. Out of that group, I’m trying to sign Hollister to a 2 year 5M type of deal. Rudolph would be my second option.

I’d still take another TE in the draft

Not everyone is going to want one year deals. Guys will want some security so I could see some 2-3 year deals like we got last year but the top tier / upside guys likely start skewing toward 1 year deals to get back into the market in 2022. 

keim did indicate in his earlier tweet that the Samuel talks are multiple years though, so fingers crossed. 

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

Re: kj wrights position.  Looks like he played wlb for years, then switched this last season.

Rookie Jordyn Brooks didn’t enter the lineup full-time until Week 7. But once he did, with K.J. Wright moving to strongside linebacker in the base defense to make room, it led to a cohesion at the linebacking spot that contributed heavily to better team defense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-position-overview-k-j-wrights-future-the-big-question-for-seattles-linebackers-in-2021/%3famp=1

https://www.fantasyguru.com/seahawks-k-j-wright-to-stay-at-wlb/

Seahawks WLB K.J. Wright

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football/nfl/player/11675/kj-wright/news

Interesting. He’s a big dude at 6-4 246. When I think of WLBs, I think of these 6-0 228 pound types w speed (Koromoah as an example)

Seems like guys who want a 1-year deal are paying a premium (taking less $).  Basically, if a guy doesn't want to sign a multi-year deal (so he can re-negotiate when the cap goes up next year), then he's going to get less than he normally would under a 1-year deal and certainly less, even per-year, than on a 2 or 3-year deal.  Accurate observation?

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

you know who's not a bad 2nd TE option, and we cut him last year....Richard Rodgers. He had a good season fililng in for Ertz as the 2nd TE to Dallas Goedert....I like Hollister better but Rodgers can get open and catch the ball when needed.

Noooooooooooo

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

They got this big kid who tore his hamstring last year, AGG.  Also Sims & Sims Jr LTD. When they're you 4th or 5th options I'd say it's covered with Toney pick.

What about Kelvin Harmon? He had a promising rookie year? Why is no one talking about him? When's he coming back from his ACL?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Nice!!!!!   He was on my short list.   I think he is going to be an awesome weapon for us.  Pumped!!!

Now get another wr in first 3 rounds, and upgrade TE2 to a serviceable receiving threat, and along with fitz, we are in much better shape.

• Like 1