Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

14 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Chiefs signed Thuney for 80m with guaranteed 48m over the life of the contract, no reason why we can't offer Sherff 82m over 4 years as well, guarantee him 50m, just get the deal done Rivera and Co Now. 

Over 5 years please.... ;)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't think 18 million is in play for him.  Finlay talked about this point this morning which is Schefter said Golladay turned down 18 million a year from Detriot before FA and now its looking like he might have to take a lot less.  Finlay speculating that maybe his agent (same one represents Samuel and Fuller) might be trying to save face on this and they are holding up the market looking for a big payday that might not happen.  Some speculate the domino on Golladay needs to fall becauseit will help set the market for others. 

It appears the NFL FOs do not view him as elite. 

Right now the contract to me that sticks out like a swore thumb is Agholor at 13 million.  I like Agholor apparently more than most on this thread but that was because I envisioned him as a cheap WR.  I thought he'd get a contract similar to the one M. Jones ended up getting.   13 million is nuts IMO. 

Pats were desperate to say the least. They structured deal in way to mitigate the hit in year 1 to 7mil, then take on more of the hit in year 2 when cap makes a giant leap. 

Golladay among others deserve IMO more than Agholor.  But it doesn't sound like he's getting those type of offers, yet.  If so I wonder how FO's go about discounting what the Pats paid for Agholor as an anchor for other contracts -- do they just say that's Belichick and the dude spends like a drunken sailor and he doesn't count since he operates differently?  It's weird how Belichick overnight has switched from being frugal in FA to Cerrato on steroids.   

It’s not shocking, due to the fact the Pats have always been willing to risks and gambles when perceived value is there. This time around they’re doing it at scale lol

39 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Well that’s pretty ****ing stupid if true, considering the wide range of options to replace him that were available, if they think a LTD is unlikely—and at a lower cap number, too.

With his injury history it’s difficult to attach stupid to it. It seems his All-Pro nod this past season is being ignored by many and chalked up as undeserving. Do you fall in this category? 

Can easily argue the right side of the Oline are the unheralded leaders as to why the team was competitor last year. Scherff and Moses I imagine have some say in who’s the best right side tandem in the NFL. 

Edited by wit33

Last year RFA Zach Pascal caught 44 passes for 629 yard and tied with T Y Hilton for a team high five TDs for the Colts. They have placed a second round tender on Pascal that will pay him $3.384M in 2021. Pascal is versatile -- played both the Z and the slot and is known for being one of the best WR blockers in the league. Should WFT consider making an offer? I think he would be a good addition at a very reasonable cap price, but giving up a second round pick -- eh, maybe that's too much?

Sundberg was coming off surgery and with his tenure is guaranteed over a million at league minimum. Saving that 500K could be huge later in the year if you have to sign someone off the street due to injury. The business part of the NFL sucks. But the players wanted those higher league minimums in the last CBA. Sundberg is a loss for the team. But an even bigger loss to the community. He was extremely active in charity work for the DMV. I hope he catches on with someone else. Great guy. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Sundberg was coming off surgery and with his tenure is guaranteed over a million at league minimum. Saving that 500K could be huge later in the year if you have to sign someone off the street due to injury. The business part of the NFL sucks. But the players wanted those higher league minimums in the last CBA. Sundberg is a loss for the team. But an even bigger loss to the community. He was extremely active in charity work for the DMV. I hope he catches on with someone else. Great guy. 

So if he catches on somewhere else they have to pay him the same minimum he would have got here?

3 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

Last year RFA Zach Pascal caught 44 passes for 629 yard and tied with T Y Hilton for a team high five TDs for the Colts. They have placed a second round tender on Pascal that will pay him $3.384M in 2021. Pascal is versatile -- played both the Z and the slot and is known for being one of the best WR blockers in the league. Should WFT consider making an offer? I think he would be a good addition at a very reasonable cap price, but giving up a second round pick -- eh, maybe that's too much?

No...should’ve just kept him on the roster when he was here.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

So if he catches on somewhere else they have to pay him the same minimum he would have got here?

Yes. It is based on tenure. Any player over 7 years makes 1.05 million minimum guaranteed. 

Edited by clskinsfan

2 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

I really don't like guaranteeing $50 million to someone so injury-prone 😱

5 year / 82 mill he suggested, 50 mill guaranteed

$30mill SB

Year 1 - 5 mill (guaranteed at start)

Year 2 - 7 mill (guaranteed at start)

Year 3 - 8 mill (guaranteed at start)

Year 4 - 15 mill

Year 5 - 17 mill

Cap Hits  - 11 mill (2021), 13 (2022) / 14 (2023) / 21 (2024) / 23 (2025)

Year 3 opportunity to get out, 12 mill dead (yeah that would be a bunch) and basically a 3 yr 50 mill deal. 

Not great, but it gives options.  Cap hits next 3 years better than current hit.

• Thanks 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Yes. It is based on tenure. Any player over 7 years makes 1.015 million minimum guaranteed. 

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't see that happening unless its mid season to a team with an injury. Then I guess the salary is prorated for the amount of games played?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Hope we get some LB news today.....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-deshaun-watson-to-eagles-crazier-things-have-happened-plus-bears-settle-for-andy-dalton/

NFL free agency 2021: Cardinals' Haason Reddick looking for 'fit and feel' over money as teams ready to call

Haason Reddick sounds like an NFL elder statesman as he readies to enter the 2021 free agency fray. The former 13th-overall pick will hit the open market for the first time in his professional career after having spent the last four seasons with the Arizona Cardinals, and usually that's when a player tries to maximize his earnings with what's roundly viewed as the first major payday. And when you're Reddick, a player who's established himself as one of the better young players at your position, the coming payday could be sizable -- but that's not his top priority. 

In a recent chat with SiriusXM NFL Radio, the 26-year-old made clear what sits atop his list of priorities this offseason.

"I want my number to be called," Reddick said. "I want to be one of the guys that's called on to make plays. I want the fit and the feeling to be right. I want a mutual understanding between me and the coaching staff about what's expected, what's to be done, and the effort I'm going to give."

This sounds like the type of man Rivera would like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

Not understanding the Sundberg move. Anyone have any idea why they would move on from him?

This is the same question people had when we moved on from the Red Snapper but moved to a 23 year old guy named Nick Sundberg who was an excellent long snapper. Would think that we think we can do it again.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I could see this except Packers are so cheap.

Quiet Scott!   LOL

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Saw some mention the same for Juju.  I guess we will find out soon.  Probably multiple guys on 1 year deals. 

Hoping we can squeeze 2 years at least out of Samuel, if he's our guy.

• Haha 1

AJ Green signing for 8.5 mil/6 GTD is pretty cheap. Hopefully it will accelerate the rest of the receivers getting signed. 10-12 million has to be the ceiling for Golladay or anyone else now.

I wonder if other positions are seeking 1 year deals as well and it is causing the slow movement in FA with teams looking to cash in cheap on multi-year deals.... Stalemate of sorts

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Gonna miss Sundberg.

Not just because he was rock solid.

But he had a very special chemistry with both Way and Hopkins. Both in a football "Way", as well as a personality "Way"

Not to say we can't replace him though.

Any idea who the frontrunner is for LS ?

No clue, but they must have somebody in mind. There are a good number of UFA long snappers out there. I suspect they will go to a proven league veteran rather than a UDFA.

https://overthecap.com/position/long-snapper/

Edited by ODU AGGIE
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Gonna miss Sundberg.

Not just because he was rock solid.

But he had a very special chemistry with both Way and Hopkins. Both in a football "Way", as well as a personality "Way"

Not to say we can't replace him though.

Any idea who the frontrunner is for LS ?

WFT going to be so good the only kicking we planning on doing is kickoffs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2