Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I wouldn't hate Juju but among the 2nd tier receivers I like Corey Davis and Samuel more.

As for the first tier, its just Golladay and Robinson.  I'd be surprised if Robinson hits the market but who knows?  And i consider myself one of the biggest Terry fans on the board, liked him before that draft, pushed hard for him.  Yet I can argue that either guy is at least as good as Terry -- maybe better than him.  I think this offense is desperate for another major cog.  

To take it a step further Id argue that a couple of studs on offense through FA or draft (WR/TE/OL even RB), deceases the need for a higher tier QB. Id be fine rolling with a 2nd tire or Heinike at QB. Possibly draft a QB prospect in the later rounds  to sit and learn.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Yeah, I’m seeing JuJu or Samuel at receiver. Would like Jonnu Smith at TE, although we appear to be looking heavy in the draft there.

Jayson Brown at LB. Darby likely re-ups at corner. Boston seems inevitable at FS.

I could take all those you mentioned but Boston.  I hope we go in another direction and very well could.  I believe RR had the chance to do so last year and didn't just like with Cam.  Hurney may try to convince but all decision I believe will be made by RR.

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Well, now we wait to see what Chi does with Robinson.  Holladay is out there and so is Robinson.  I would rather go 2nd tier.  That's just me so we can spend at LB, get an ( I hope) an above average FS and secure Fitz.  

Seems like there is much competition (at least judging by reports) for MLBs and WRs in FA.  So I don't think we will have the luxury to cherry pick so much.     for example I've read multiple teams are in on Milano and L. Davis.  Ditto the receivers we've mentioned.

I think the way it will play out is similar to last year where you go with the flow.  They swung hard and missed at Cooper.  Wanted Hooper but the market got out of hand.  I think the market will dictate to a degree which high end player they get. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

To take it a step further Id argue that a couple of studs on offense through FA or draft (WR/TE/OL even RB), deceases the need for a higher tier QB. Id be fine rolling with a 2nd tire or Heinike at QB. Possibly draft a QB prospect in the later rounds  to sit and learn.

I'm not so sure. You could give Sam Darnold prime Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, and Tony Gonzaelz, and he'd still be a frothing turd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im not sure if anyone else heard this, but there was some speculation that Golladay was milking his injury a bit last year and/or had some off the field stuff going on.  Pretty sure it was just a little smoke and no firm reporting, but I definitely saw a good bit of that being alluded to on Twitter.

Just something to file away in the back of your mind.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think a TE free agent may now prove way to costly, and perhaps have a negative impact on Logan Thomas. Maybe not. I’m thinking we add in the draft at present.

Thing of it is we have Thomas locked up for 2021.  :)

Logan Thomas Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Seems like there is much competition (at least judging by reports) for MLBs and WRs in FA.  So I don't think we will have the luxury to cherry pick so much.     for example I've read multiple teams are in on Milano and L. Davis.  Ditto the receivers we've mentioned.

I think the way it will play out is similar to last year where you go with the flow.  They swung hard and missed at Cooper.  Wanted Hooper but the market got out of hand.  I think the market will dictate to a degree which high end player they get. 

Got to be WR or MLB as you've mentioned.  LIke we spent on Fuller I think we get one of the two on day one.

Just now, RWJ said:

Thing of it is we have Thomas locked up for 2021.  :)

Logan Thomas Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

We do but I think he’d be pissed if we bring a 13mil py TE in as it means there is zero chance Thomas gets paid here thereafter.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I could take all those you mentioned but Boston.  I hope we go in another direction and very well could.  I believe RR had the chance to do so last year and didn't just like with Cam.  Hurney may try to convince but all decision I believe will be made by RR.

I could actually see Rivera likely the medium-long term potential in Reaves. Boston is the vet compliment to that short term.

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

We do but I think he’d be pissed if we bring a 13mil py TE in as it means there is zero chance Thomas gets paid here thereafter.

An extension now for LT would be the way to go, I think and draft a TE in Round 3.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

An extension now for LT would be the way to go, I think and draft a TE in Round 3.

I agree with the Logan Thomas extension approach, I suggested along those line a while back too. Then add a rookie with high potential.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I'm not so sure. You could give Sam Darnold prime Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, and Tony Gonzaelz, and he'd still be a frothing turd.

Yeah your right, I should have prefaced 2nd tier not including Darnold. 

14 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Got to be WR or MLB as you've mentioned.  LIke we spent on Fuller I think we get one of the two on day one.

for all of the losing this team has done under Dan, we've been on the upside (not that things ended up well) as to getting the FA targets we were after.  So we are somewhat used to getting what we want in FA.  

But i do think especially for WR, the Qb situation doesn't help and the franchise still has some stench on being a loser and it isn't considered a sexy destination spot.    so I'd guess especially at WR we likely have to shoot for multiple targets and hope we land one of them.  

19 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I don't know if it decreases the need but I am with the spirit of that point which is if you go with a mediocre QB, load him up with weapons and hope that makes that dude better.

Especially if its for a gunslinger type like Fitzpatrick. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

I want to sign trent williams back to our team say what u want about what happened, the man played his best football when healthy for us and protected his teamates prob one of my fav redskins/wft player in the 2000s along with kerrigan taylor and kirk cousins

FS Boston and WR Samuel seem like no-brainers to me.

But I could definitely see us going after Golladay/Robinson/JuJu/Davis as well, and seeing what kind of offers stick. But I do think we could just go get Samuel for 4/$38m and move on, save that money for the defense/QB.

Winston may end up staying in New Orleans, but could you imagine a 1 year $5m deal for him to come prove himself and adding top tier WR as well? Draft an LT at #19 and just ride that into the season? The offense would actually probably be projected to finish quite high, given Winston's ability to sling it 5,000 yards if called upon.

3 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

This move has to be all Ron.  For whatever reason they couldn't get a deal done, probably because Scherffs agent told him to wait for the tag, and Rivera didn't want a culture guy to leave the building.

If true, it's the problem with a coach centric model.  No GM in their right mind pays a guard $18m regardless of how good a player he is.

The Colts brass must be incredibly pissed at us right now.  Imagine what Quentin Nelson, who laps the entire field in talent at the position, is going to cost.

I agree this is a Rivera thing.  I'm not on the same cliff as you, thinking that 14+ was happening, but the tag very much surprises me and changes the negotiation starting point.

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I commented on that tweet by Keim, and said Kerrigan and his wife are on a late honeymoon as of yesterday, which might be why. He said his agent isn’t, and i replied with (what i thought was) a pretty decent answer. I said “Yeah, although I’d bet Kerrigan would want to be in on some of the phone calls. Would he want to do that during his honeymoon?” and then he just got rude and condescending.....  his response? 

“Sigh. No players are not in on those calls. Not how it works. There’s nothing going on. You can try to spin it a certain way and you’ll be off each time. Sorry.”

**** off, dude. 

Every time I see a rant about twitter, I know it's going to be your name I see as poster.  I think you should do yourself a favor and ignore that ****.  Haha

Edited by jsharrin55
  • Like 1

Stepping back to the Scherff brouhaha for a moment: 

1. You use a No. 5 pick in 2015 to take a guard.

2. You pay him top money at his position.

3. He makes all-pro.

4. He is the anchor of the No. 6 offensive line in the league.

5. So you use the non-exclusive franchise tag to hold on to him.

6. You take an $18M hit to the cap space, but...

7. You were going to take a hit of some kind anyway...

8. Likely at least $16.0 -17.0 to sign a FA of the caliber you already had.

9. And now you can still sign him to a long term contract...

10. And protect cap space by incorporating a bonus for 2021.

And yet, some on here vehemently decry this smart and necessary move as stupid.

Sigh.

• Like 2

Robinson not being on the market definitely hurts. But you still have Golladay and JuJu who will probably set the market now. And after that you have Corey Davs, followed by Curtis Samuel. With teams struggling to pay big money this off-season we should come away with a solid WR regardless, but Robinson not being on the market hurts.

36 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I want to sign trent williams back to our team say what u want about what happened, the man played his best football when healthy for us and protected his teamates prob one of my fav redskins/wft player in the 2000s along with kerrigan taylor and kirk cousins

You could probably get Trent Williams for the 18 that Scherff got. Would be a way better investment. 

10 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

Stepping back to the Scherff brouhaha for a moment: 

1. You use a No. 5 pick in 2015 to take a guard.

2. You pay him top money at his position.

3. He makes all-pro.

4. He is the anchor of the No. 6 offensive line in the league.

5. So you use the non-exclusive franchise tag to hold on to him.

6. You take an $18M hit to the cap space, but...

7. You were going to take a hit of some kind anyway...

8. Likely at least $16.0 -17.0 to sign a FA of the caliber you already had.

9. And now you can still sign him to a long term contract...

10. And protect cap space by incorporating a bonus for 2021.

And yet, some on here vehemently decry this smart and necessary move as stupid.

Sigh.

Refer back to #1 to see where this became a problem.