Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

8 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

JP Finlay on his podcast said both Ron and Scherff want to get a deal done still and this is by no means like the Kirk cousins situation when we tagged him twice. He threw out a possibility of maybe $15million AAV but that might be out the window now that he’s making $18 million on the tag. 

They have both been saying this for the past year. I just don't get how this deal wasn't a done deal

6 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

JP Finlay on his podcast said both Ron and Scherff want to get a deal done still and this is by no means like the Kirk cousins situation when we tagged him twice. He threw out a possibility of maybe $15million AAV but that might be out the window now that he’s making $18 million on the tag. 

Makes no sense. Its not as if that $18M number came out of nowhere. Shouldn’t change anything. If Ron wants to offer $15M/year and that’s his final offer.... if that’s not good enough for Scherff, then he’s price himself out. Let him go.... he’s going to the highest bidder. You may as well sign our new starter long-term in a strong market this offseason. It might be dry next offseason... and he’ll have even more leverage.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

I don’t think spending the $ required to add those pieces is worth chancing it that not only will they Be healthy but also will we have a QB that will be able to make the offense Go.

Yea because we are obtaining Tom Brady this off-season!  Wow

No.  They don’t get one of our 3rd rounders either way.  I’m pretty sure they may get compensation pick as if a free agent left.  We are not penalized.

Tampa didn’t sign Barrett or Suh?  They didn’t give their center an AAV over 10M to get him away from Baltimore?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Tampa didn’t sign Barrett or Suh?  They didn’t give their center an AAV over 10M to get him away from Baltimore?

You’re really going to act as if they didn’t win the SB primarily because they signed Tom Brady? LOL

1 hour ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Yet you're excited about Tagging injury prone Scherff for a one year $18 Mill rental....the irony.....

Injury prone LOL He was first team All-Pro.  This is bizarro world nowadays on ES lmao

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportsnaut.com/kirk-cousins-wants-stay-washington-dream-come-true/amp/

Cousins said the same thing.  They all say they want to stay.  More often than not, staying is not a higher priority than getting the best deal/situation they can.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, -JB- said:

You’re really going to act as if they didn’t win the SB primarily because they signed Tom Brady? LOL

Injury prone LOL He was first team All-Pro.  This is bizarro world nowadays on ES lmao

Scherff has missed 20 games total in 4 different seasons. Lets not act like he has been reliable. Because he hasnt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Serious question for you.  Scherff plays 2021 on the tag and we don’t work out a LTD.  Very likely now. Are you tagging him in 2022 again at $26M or letting him walk?  

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Serious question for you.  Scherff plays 2021 on the tag and we don’t work out a LTD.  Very likely now. Are you tagging him in 2022 again at $26M or letting him walk?  

Man, he's tagging him. JB doesnt care or know about the cap. All he cares about is having an ALL Pro Guard and the OL having continuity, regardless of the cost. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've been touting him for months.  Only thing that made me pause a little is he seems to have found his niche at OLB as opposed to inside.  But he intrigues me. 

Logan Thomas will be 31 next year.  i am not so sure he's going to get some blockbuster deal if he hits FA.  But if he walks, he walks.  There are so many draft picks we have just like there is so much cap room.  I am guessing right now they are more likely to take a LT and WR in the first two rounds.  I wonder who is left TE wise in the third?  Tremble could be gone, Brevin Jordan could be gone.  Long?  But I don't like to be boxed in to take a spot in the draft. 

Logan Thomas will be effective into his early to mid 30s. The guy has very little wear and tear, having played QB most of his career.  He will be 30 going into next season. It would be fair to offer him a 3 year extension as it is reasonable to expect he will be productive for his age 31, 32 and 33 seasons. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Obviously you wouldn’t tag him at 26 mill for one season.  

That should be Scherff's starting point at negotiations tbh. Once you fall into the franchise tag trap, agents are going to tell teams that their client will only sign a long term contract if it's above the franchise tag amount. 

I think if you don't get them signed by year 3, you should kiss them goodbye. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

11 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Cute.  Funny thing is you’d most likely be down with giving Kevin Golladay 20+ mill a year.  Shiny new toy syndrome. Dan Snyder programmed y’all lmao

No way in hell I’d give Kevin Golladay 20M+.

I’d consider it for Kenny Golladay though.  However I’m more interested in Corey Davis for what they’d likely end up getting.

I try to leave open all avenues to improve the roster.  Instead of closing a big part of roster building because previous regimes made terrible decisions.

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

No way in hell I’d give Kevin Golladay 20M+.

I’d consider it for Kenny Golladay though.  However I’m more interested in Corey Davis for what they’d likely end up getting.

I try to leave open all avenues to improve the roster.  Instead of closing a big part of roster building because previous regimes made terrible decisions.

You got me.  My bad Kenny Golladay.  Funny.  It’s amazing you talk about roster building and want to dump a first team All-Pro offensive lineman.  Especially considering games are won & lost in the trenches.  But you’d rather throw that $$ on Kenny Golladay LOL

This is exactly why I groaned audibly and rolled my eyes when I saw Scherff was on the all pro list.  Hes not that good.  Hes more like the 5th-10th best guard but because he's a big name and was drafted early so he shows up on pro bowl and all pro teams because the voters are lazy and don't know much about interior offensive lineman.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

That should be Scherff's starting point at negotiations tbh. Once you fall into the franchise tag trap, agents are going to tell teams that their client will only sign a long term contract if it's above the franchise tag amount. 

I think if you don't get them signed by year 3, you should kiss them goodbye. 

There's beauty in the LTD.  The player can get more with signing bonus and injury guarantees than the 2nd tag pay raise.  Sure you gotta give him more than that 18M but it's the average yearly salary that we'd figure to ultimately be lower than that 2nd tag amount.  4 years is a reasonable term for both sides and they can always throw a BS 5th yr that's voidable to get the cheaper annual cap hit.  Hey, if they like him that much then whatever.  They'll get it done and still be around that 15M yearly avg. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

You got me.  My bad Kenny Golladay.  Funny.  It’s amazing you talk about roster building and want to dump a first team All-Pro offensive lineman.  Especially considering games are won & lost in the trenches.  But you’d rather throw that $$ on Kenny Golladay LOL

Golladay plays a much more impactful position all the 20m is a bit rich for him.  I wouldn't give that much to either but gun to my head, Golladay has more impact.

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

Golladay plays a much more impactful position all the 20m is a bit rich for him.  I wouldn't give that much to either but gun to my head, Golladay has more impact.

WR is “much more” impactful position than OL?  Wow.  Seems somebody never played football lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

I agree, it is a ridiculous statement. I was just repeating what you said. NEVER emotional on here, I've been laughing at you the entire time. 

Y’all dudes are really mad on here cause you wanted all the cap space in the world to spend on all the new shiny toys lmao It’s blatantly obvious.  You can laugh at me all you want, jokes on you & you being programmed by Snyder to think spending freely in Free Agency is the answer after all these years.  What are you 18? Lolol