Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

25 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Why are we taking so long to sign Brandon Sherff to a LTD, after releasing Smith we will have over 55m in cap space?. 

Full roster evaluation, awaiting clarity on the cap, awaiting the purge of league salary cap cuts, weighing up options at QB. Lots going on I would think. Pull that logical plan together then go at it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Full roster evaluation, awaiting clarity on the cap, awaiting the purge of league salary cap cuts, weighing up options at QB. Lots going on I would think. Pull that logical plan together then go at it.

Totally understand what you are saying fellow Brit, but we have the cap space and Sherff year 1 would only be about 8m, and it would show that we are looking after our own. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Why are we taking so long to sign Brandon Sherff to a LTD, after releasing Smith we will have over 55m in cap space?. 

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Totally understand what you are saying fellow Brit, but we have the cap space and Sherff year 1 would only be about 8m, and it would show that we are looking after our own. 

To piggyback off UK, I also figured that the addition of a handful of new front office guys is causing a delay in the process. To me, it'd understandable they'd want to undergo a full review of things and get as acclimated as possible before signing a big check like that. I have faith it'll get done. 

• Like 2

Just the clarity some teams will have been waiting for before they start to wield the axe. Could be messy for a handful of teams.

I’d be quite happy if it doesn’t go too much higher. Keeps the squeeze on many teams given we are in a very solid cap position ourselves.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, markmills67 said:

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

3 hours ago, markmills67 said:

I would guess Scherff and agent are the hold up, waiting to see the final cap numbers.  

25 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Just the clarity some teams will have been waiting for before they start to wield the axe. Could be messy for a handful of teams.

I’d be quite happy if it doesn’t go too much higher. Keeps the squeeze on many teams given we are in a very solid cap position ourselves.

even going all the way up to match the cap from last year wouldn't do much to help the two or three worst off teams and only clear a few away from the trouble

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I was actually hoping the cap would go down since we'd be one of the few teams with lots of space.

The lower the cap is, the more valuable your dollars are when you're one of the only teams with dollars to spend.

we're gonna be like sixth after releasing Alex and even that won't bring us up close to the top five really so it wouldn't help us much

9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Maybe I’m wrong but since the league year doesn’t start until Feb 23 and since Scherff is on a franchise tag, I thought he couldn’t be negotiated with (or re-signed) until the full year is up.

that is a good point

• Like 1

3 hours ago, duffy said:

I also figured that the addition of a handful of new front office guys is causing a delay in the process. To me, it'd understandable they'd want to undergo a full review of things and get as acclimated as possible before signing a big check like that. I have faith it'll get done. 

Or (hopefully) NOT signing a big check like that. They should be doing their due diligence both ways.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Look at Schweitzer go...

I think they says a ton about Chase as well. Both the guys he was next to were able to concentrate on doing their job without having to worry about additional interior pressure. Good job by the entire IOL

• Like 3