Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

31 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

It's been Antifa, the FBI, and the Dems but never the people clearly storming the capitol.

Saw a meme a while back:  

"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe that The Left got dressed up as The Right and stormed the Capital, to try to halt an election that The Left won."

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

It's been Antifa, the FBI, and the Dems but never the people clearly storming the capitol.

This stuff is absolutely all over the right wing rags, including that the FBI somehow organized the Jan 6 insurrection in order to...I have no clue. Neither do they. Like @Larrynoted, we're apparently supposed to believe that FBI was "deep state" and were supporting Biden by...trying to overturn his victory? 

Antifa and BLM actually being the culprits is still pretty popular there as well. So yeah you're pretty much spot-on: basically it's the fault of everyone except the actual people who were there and did it.

• Thanks 2

And it never occurred to these guys that Parler would rat them out lol...

‘Shocking failure’: Pentagon and FBI come under fire for Jan. 6 response

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/15/pentagon-fbi-jan-6-hearing-494650

Days before the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, social media company Parler flagged dozens of worrying messages to the FBI — warnings that appeared to go unanswered.

"Don’t be surprised if we take the Capitol building," says a post from a Parler user who concluded, "Trump needs us to cause chaos to enact the Insurrection Act."

At a House Oversight Committee hearing on Tuesday, Chair Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) disclosed the message, one of dozens Parler sent to the FBI on Jan. 2 — four days before the insurrection. FBI Director Christopher Wray said he did not “recall” hearing of the posts but that some were routed to FBI squads investigating domestic terrorism. The FBI is now reviewing whether that information was handled appropriately, Wray said.

[...]

Rep. Glenn Grothman (R-Wis.) pressed Wray on whether the FBI has arrested any people who entered the Capitol on Jan. 6 who may not have realized that they lacked permission to do so. He described it as “breaking the law without having any way of knowing they’re breaking the law.”

Grothman said his constituents were worried that some individuals swept up in the 500 or so federal criminal cases related to the Capitol riot did nothing other than walk into the building with the consent of or a lack of resistance from Capitol Police.

“People are concerned about a certain class of person. I want to know if you think those people existed,” Grothman said.

“I really can’t say,” Wray said. “ What I would say is people who have been arrested have been arrested because they violated federal criminal law. … We’ve had 500 arrests and they range in all sorts of variations in facts and circumstances.”

More than 100 of those cases involve only misdemeanor charges and no allegations of damage to property or assaulting police.

Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) reacted angrily to his Republican colleagues' focus on the least culpable subset of participants in the unrest at the Capitol on Jan. 6, describing it as an effort to whitewash the violence of that day, including the five deaths and two suicides by police officers that followed.

"Ignoring that, distracting it, denying it, gaslighting it, calling it just a bunch of tourists who got a little carried away is repugnant and a dishonor to the memories of those who did die, and a dishonor and disrespect to those who were willing to put themselves at risk on our behalf and more importantly for the republic for which we stand,” Connolly said.

“Thank you for those 500 arrests and I hope there are 500 more,” the Virginia congressman added. “Everyone who participated in this outrage should be brought to justice.”

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Larry said:

And let me guess. The over 100 right wingers who have so far been caught, often because they literally bragged about it?  They're all lefties or FBI agents or LMDs or something, too, right?

Yep pretty much. Many of them seem to truly believe that those people are all "undercover BLM/Antifa", despite the fact that they're vocal Trump supporters and have been for years according to their social media history.

But they generally don't even go that in-depth because those places are all echo chambers where nobody challenges the logic of it. They just say it's the FBI/BLM/Antifa and not real Trump supporters, others agree and they all move on.

Any time someone says that's dumb and challenges it, they're immediately labeled a "Soros troll" and everyone blocks them and reports them as spam to get the person banned. Talk about needing safe spaces.

39 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Basically all the usual suspects.

Anyone running against these assholes better be banging this out on a daily, if not hourly basis.

“We love the police…until we don’t.”

Every one of these idiots should be hit in the head with a 2 x 4. I volunteer my services.

• Like 4

Congressional Gold Medal vote for January 6 police officers overwhelmingly passes House as 21 Republicans vote no

Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia told reporters that she voted against the Congressional Gold Medal to US Capitol Police Officers and MPD because she does not believe the legislation should refer to January 6 as an insurrection.

"I wouldn't call it an insurrection," Greene told reporters.

Greene also said she had issue with the language of the bill that referred to the Capitol complex as "the temple of our American Democracy."
"This is not a temple. That is for sure," Greene said.

Republican Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky also said his vote against the legislation was because of the language of the bill, specifically the references to the Capitol as a temple and January 6 as an insurrection.

"There are pending cases or trials right now, indictments against people, and I think if we called it an insurrection, it could have a bearing on their case," he said. "If they just wanted to give the police recognition, they could have done it without trying to make it partisan," he said.

When asked if he thought what happened on January 6 was an insurrection, he answered, "I think it was a mob but I don't think it was an insurrection, no."

Pressed again, he said, "They were protesting and I don't approve of the way they protested, but it wasn't an insurrection. My goodness. Can you imagine what a real insurrection would look like?"

"Sure, it was a violent mob trying to disrupt and overturn our government, but it wasn't an insurrection"

in·sur·rec·tion
/ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/
noun
a violent uprising against an authority or government.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Congressional Gold Medal vote for January 6 police officers overwhelmingly passes House as 21 Republicans vote no

"I wouldn't call it an insurrection," Greene told reporters....

Pressed again, he said, "They were protesting and I don't approve of the way they protested, but it wasn't an insurrection"...

"Don’t be surprised if we take the Capitol building," says a post from a Parler user who concluded, "Trump needs us to cause chaos to enact the Insurrection Act."

And I'm shaking my head at the fact that MTG thought it was ok to compare wearing a mask to being a Jew in Nazi Germany, but it's not ok to compare what occurred Jan 6th to an insurrection.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Conspiracy Theorist Alex Jones Said He Collaborated With Both Donald Trump and the Secret Service on January 6th

Most political administrations would have considered Alex Jones to be a joke. The Trump administration, though, desperately need the votes of his supporters. So they played ball.

Trump made a memorable appearance on Jones’ show InfoWars back in December of 2015. At the time, the former president was seeking the Republican nomination. And in one sense, the two men legitimized one another.

According to the right-wing host, their relationship didn’t end there. Jones recently said that he coordinated with both Trump and the Secret Service during the January 6th insurrection.

The InfoWars host made the comments on his page. He claims that he put up $500,000 of his own money to be a part of the event. “The White House told me three days before: We’re going to have you lead the march,” Jones remarked. 

The conspiracy theorist then said that he coordinated with the Secret Service who took him where the March would begin. Jones continued, “Trump will tell people: Go, and I’m going to meet you at the Capitol.”

David Pakman of Free Speech TV talked about the accusations this week. He said of the comments, “Bear in mind: Alex Jones lies all the time. He may be lying here, but he may not be. And even if a fraction of this is true, it’s a whole new level of insanity related to those riots…. If Alex Jones is to be believed, he got his marching orders from the Trump White House about the January 6 riots. But understand that if one iota of this is true, the White House helped coordinate the January 6 insurrection with extremist conspiracy theorists.”

Click on the link for more