Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

15 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Plus it's exhausting 

Well,  not for those of us in shape and not old 

;) 

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I don't know what I would rather want; A DOJ that is so afraid to look dumb that they let someone get away with what basically amounts to treason in the highest office, or a DOJ so bad at that they do that he gets away with it anyway. 

I'm going to continue to hope that justice is coming any day now.....and ill do that until they make it so clear that it isn't, that I cant. 

I don’t think you have to worry about the DOJ being “bad” at what they do. 

I’ve grown up around a lot of law enforcement and lawyers. 

never heard anyone credibly discount the DOJ. Even the people that hated them, were afraid of being a target of them. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I'm going to continue to hope that justice is coming any day now.....and ill do that until they make it so clear that it isn't, that I cant. 

I still believe that's part of the reason Biden gave the speech he gave last week. I think the groundwork must be laid first. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I still believe that's part of the reason Biden gave the speech he gave last week. I think the groundwork must be laid first. 

well. To me, the real ground work is already been laid. 

Hundreds arrested and tried and convictions for trying to obstruct the process/overthrow the government. Oath keepers arrested for having plans invoking mass amounts of weapons. Many stated during the course of investigation/trial they did it because Trump told them too. 

Once that’s wrapped up nice and neat, it’ll be hundreds of peoples sworn statements saying Trump told them to do this, and all that’s left is to drag him into court as the person who told them to do it. 

it’s also obvious people near trump are not willing to go to jail for him. 

that’s all groundwork. The only remaining item is an arrest warrant/indictment 

And they could be working a grand jury now. We usually don’t find out about it until the indictment is unsealed or an arrest is made, I believe?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

IF this gets prosecuted, does it go to a regular jury?  I’ve seen the term jury from people like Asha etc on twitter but surely that can’t be like regular citizenship, jury duty crap right??  If so, they’ll NEVER get 12 people to agree on a conviction.  Zero chance they keep a MAGA free jury.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

And they could be working a grand jury now. We usually don’t find out about it until the indictment is unsealed or an arrest is made, I believe?

We already know they're working a grand jury.  Pat Cipollone testified in front of it last Friday.  We just don't know how many others have already testified in front of it and how many more there will be.  But usually they work their way up the food chain and Pat Cipollone is fairly far up it.

• Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

If there are GOP primary presidential debates, the first question that needs to be asked at the first one: "Did Joe Biden legitimately win the 2020 election?" Over/under on the number of people on stage who say yes is...? Assume Trump is one of the candidates 

You'd get a mix of "No" and "We need to look forward, not back to something we can't change"

Now, say he isn't alive anymore. I think you'd get...... the same answers.

3 hours ago, tshile said:

Everything comes back to the core issues of this country:

- everyone’s desire to instantly form an opinion when a new ‘topic’ (if you will) hits the news cycle, which by definition means it’s an uninformed opinion

- everyone’s refusal to ever admit they were wrong, which causes them to cling to their uninformed opinion forever. 

You keep saying this but we’ve seen convictions of plenty of people that shouldn’t have happened if your tainted jury opinion held any water. 

is it possible? Sure. 

but the jury selection process works for the most part, and of all the cases gone to trial so far I don’t believe you have a single example of a maga-tainted jury letting someone off the hook. 

I am talking about Trump and only Trump.

A maga jurist I believe would let Trump off the hook; even when staring at overwhelming evidence.

You disagree and that’s fine. As for other people on trial; they aren’t named Donald Trump.

His cult will do whatever to protect him and follow any order he gives. If he says  Dem polling areas need to be patrolled and watched; maga will do it. 

27 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

If there are GOP primary presidential debates, the first question that needs to be asked at the first one: "Did Joe Biden legitimately win the 2020 election?" Over/under on the number of people on stage who say yes is...? Assume Trump is one of the candidates 

If Trump runs; doubtful he agrees to more than one debate. The only gop debates will be on fox.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Guilty, not guilty, for his followers, IMO, it doesn't matter.  If he's not guilty, you're probably right, they'll just get crazier and more in your face.  Guilty?  Witch hunt, conspiracy, etc.  I don't believe a guilty verdict would all of a sudden make these ****ing twerps enlightened on what a piece of **** Trump was and how dangerous his crime was.  They'll just double down.

No one wants to admit they were wrong.  It's just easier to dig heels in and double down.  

A guilty verdict isn’t meant to slap his followers upside the head and make them see reality…a guilty verdict is meant to provide justice and deter other political leaders from following in the same path. A not-guilty president Trump will likely usher in an era of American fascism and give that narcissistic tub of goo and the GOP overall the license to institute retribution political measures that will be felt for decades. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community will all be 2nd class citizens through both federal and state legislation. I personally don’t give one single solid **** if his supporters change how they see him. This current direction of the GOP needs to be squelched, and now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Well it had more to do with the fake "evidence" that helped lead to Jan 6th moreso than anything having to do with indictments.

Which is probably among the things Giuliani had to testify to the grand jury in Georgia about and that Jenna Ellis has been ordered to testify to the Georgia grand jury about.

Giuliani named as a target (for indictment) before he testified.

But then I think the whole Trump document thing should be it's own thread, because it has nothing to do with Jan. 6th.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2022 at 8:50 AM, Dan T. said:

I don’t entirely agree, Bang. Democrats impeached him. Twice. 

Toothless. Neither one stopped him from continuing to do the exact same illegal crap. 
The first time they brought TWO articles to the table, when they could have brought 50.
They refused to lay out exactly what he is and what he was doing. Hell, on just the Emoluments clause alone they could have spent a month detailing each violation.

Weak. 

Every single bit of what has transpired was predicted, was obvious as it was happening, and was warned against. Every single one of our intel agencies raised alarms about his involvement with adversarial governments. Nothing was done. NOTHING.

the useless Democrats wagged their fingers and attempted to fight fire with logic, figured shaming the shameless would do something other than embolden them to STILL be actively trying to overthrow the government, while he waddles around the country free as a bird and extolls them to it with lies that have been disproven over and over and over.

When and if they do arrest him, violence will happen. Count on it.
If they don't arrest him, there will be violence. Count on it.

We've let it go too long without ANY decisive action to curtail any of it. We have been cowed by the threat of bad PR and people yelling on TV.

~Bang

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

A guilty verdict isn’t meant to slap his followers upside the head and make them see reality…a guilty verdict is meant to provide justice and deter other political leaders from following in the same path. A not-guilty president Trump will likely usher in an era of American fascism and give that narcissistic tub of goo and the GOP overall the license to institute retribution political measures that will be felt for decades. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community will all be 2nd class citizens through both federal and state legislation. I personally don’t give one single solid **** if his supporters change how they see him. This current direction of the GOP needs to be squelched, and now.

I see where you're coming from and I don't entirely disagree.  I totally agree that this current direction of the GOP needs to be squelched.  But then there are those who'll say that this is what the GOP has always been, Trump and Trumpism have just revealed who they really are.

Trump is a problem, for sure, but let's not lose track of the notion that he's also a symptom.  He's given a bunch of people a voice and a platform to be...well, deplorable and live in what appears to be an alternate reality.  Their perceptions, like it or not, are their realities and they're not about to change that anytime soon.

As long as those people keep responding to people like Trump (DeSantis), they're going to keep propping up those candidates.  IMO, the toothpaste is out of the tube and there's no going back.  So yes, I agree that this current form of the GOP needs to be squelched but I'm afraid it's already too late.  

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But then there are those who'll say that this is what the GOP has always been, Trump and Trumpism have just revealed who they really are.

After losing with Nixon, the vice president, these are the guys that doubled down with Barry ****ing Goldwater

I rest my case

• Haha 1