Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

59 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Stop thinking that what you talk about or what we here on this thread talk about represents what the entire country as a whole is paying attention to. There are probably far more people who do NOT post to social media out there than those who do. We are the tiniest of slivers of the population. How many pages have been spent on this thread is so damn irrelevant to everything. Hell, even FOX isn't focusing on this as much as we have lol...

It wasn't a mistake to bring it up in testimony as it shows Trump's mindset at the beginning of the insurrection. Until it is proven otherwise, it should be taken as accurate--that is, that she really did hear this story being told. "A source close to the secret service says that two other people in the secret service said that..." doesn't negate anything.

it was a mistake. This is what’s happening on news shows all over tv especially in right wing media. They gave them an easy out to ignore the bombshell and discredit everything she said, because they can focus on an easily refuted story that she wasn’t actually present for.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

it was a mistake. This is what’s happening on news shows all over tv especially in right wing media. They gave them an easy out to ignore the bombshell and discredit everything she said, because they can focus on an easily refuted story that she wasn’t actually present for.

No one is ignoring it except for those who would have ignored everything anyway.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

• Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

Just saying, those tweets do not contradict each other.  

Yes, if you analyze them, it's possible to choose to interpret the first in a different way. But that's not the same thing.  

3 hours ago, China said:

Ginni Thomas Says She Cannot Testify Because She’s Too Stressed Out

Virginia “Ginni” Thomas, who previously said that she “can’t wait” to be interviewed by members of the House Jan. 6 Committee, is now saying she is too stressed out to testify.

In a letter delivered by her lawyer, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence told the House Select Committee that she should not have to testify citing a “particularly stressful time” over reports about her role in Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

“Before I can recommend that she meet with you, I am asking the Committee to provide a better justification for why Mrs. Thomas’s testimony is relevant to the Committee’s legislative purpose,” attorney Mark R. Paoletta wrote in the letter, according to The Daily Caller.

“I would also note that this has been a particularly stressful time as the Thomases have been subjected to an avalanche of death threats and other abuse by the unprecedented assault on the conservative Supreme Court Justices and their families,” The attorney added.

According to multiple reports, the committee has obtained text messages in which Thomas plots with then-White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

Read the full letter at the link

This is like a robbery suspect saying he can't come to the police station to be interrogated because he's too anxious that he'll be in trouble for participating in the robbery.

No ****ing ****, jackass. She needs to get her treasonous, seditious ass up to Capitol hill stat or have it put in a jail cell instead.

3 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

They are. Examiner is still somewhat reputable unlike say the Washington Times. 

Neither is quite on the sublime journalism level of the New York Post, though.

3 hours ago, China said:

Ex-Aide Releases Melania Trump's Revealing 1-Word Text Message From Jan. 6

Former first lady Melania Trump was given a chance to call for peace on Jan. 6, 2021 as her husband’s supporters attacked the U.S. Capitol and attempted to block the certification of the 2020 election.

She declined.

Stephanie Grisham, who was Melania Trump’s chief of staff at the time, revealed a text message exchange she allegedly had with Melania Trump that day:

Click on the link for the full article

"I Really Don't Care. Do U?"

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

"Trumps political obituary."

Meh I'd prefer the real thing. ☠️

To be fair, the exact same thing was said after the Access Hollywood **** grabbing tape came out. Everyone "knew" it was the nail in his campaign's coffin.

It's really true: the worse Trump behaves, the more his cult members love him.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Cassidy Hutchinson releases statement standing by her testimony.

"Ms. Hutchinson stands by all of the testimony she provided yesterday, under oath, to the Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol," Hutchinson's counsel Jody Hunt and William Jordan said in the statement.

Cassidy Hutchinson stands by her testimony amid pushback - CNNPolitics

• Like 3

I think "The Hill" needs some new proofers

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3541966-republicans-dismiss-hutchinson-testimony-pointing-to-factual-disputes/

But soon after the hearing ended, several news outlets reported that Engel and Ornato disputed Hutchinson’s description, and were willing to testify that Trump never lunged for the steering wheel.

But the link in the artlce about this goes to "Secret Service pledges response to Trump motorcade allegations" and not that they were willing to testify themselves.

#BeBest "The Hill"

4 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

"Trumps political obituary."

Meh I'd prefer the real thing. ☠️

I've wondered a few times what the reaction will be when that day comes.  I mean, I know how I'll feel.  But I think it's going to be an interesting time, for sure.

4 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

No one is ignoring it except for those who would have ignored everything anyway.

I hope he's right, for sure.  

Dunno, though.  I don't think anything sticks to him.  I've already had my hopes up that our dip**** football owner would be ousted soon, I can't get my hopes up too high that Trump winds up in prison or something, too.  That would be two good outcomes.

It should be his political obituary at the very least.  It's sickening to think that he wants to run in 2024.  Hopefully this puts an end to that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It should be his political obituary at the very least.  It's sickening to think that he wants to run in 2024.  Hopefully this puts an end to that.

Even more sickening that the party is still supporting and encouraging him.

• Like 1

The "pushback" on Hutchinson's SUV story is already waffling anyway.  Remember, it started with a fairly ubiquitous "sources say" which were unnamed to begin with.  Then there is the fact that both the agents were present in the room during her original interview and didn't refute anything she said.  Now the most we are getting out of either of the agents is someone close to them saying "well they don't recall the events as well as she did"   Come on, this was just a weak attempt to discredit her without actually supplying any legitimate information to the contrary.   

Hutchinson was Meadows's top aide and Trump thought so highly of her that he actually had her go out to Margo Largo post-Jan 6th to work as part of the "What do we do now" team.  This idea that he hardly knew her, or had "heard bad things" is so hilariously comical that if we had any kind of real media that wasn't overly concerned as appearing impartial or constantly trying to whataboutism every single story, they'd have properly grilled those pushing back on her story.  Not to mention of her hours of testimony nothing is even being refuted other than her recounting a story SHE WAS TOLD BY THE AGENT.  

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

Even more sickening that the party is still supporting and encouraging him.

Yeah, and quite frankly, I just don't get it.  Someone said on here earlier that they don't have any ideas or platforms...their platforms is just to piss off liberals.

Which, I mean...yeah, if that's your party's goal, then he's certainly your guy.  And he gives these people the excuse to show and be the worst versions of themselves.  

30 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've wondered a few times what the reaction will be when that day comes.  I mean, I know how I'll feel.  But I think it's going to be an interesting time, for sure.

Oh they will think it’s a conspiracy for sure. He will be “coming back” for the next 50 years. 

• Haha 2