Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

And if the rest of her entire story can be and is corroborated? What then?

They put her in a very tough position by having her testify, under oath, to a rumor that she had heard.   Once it officially comes out (via public testimony of those that were in the car) that what she described didn’t occur, she could potentially be brought up on perjury charges.   The remainder of what she said could very well be true, however because of that one incident, it will not be looked at as credible.

in my personal opinion, I don’t believe that he lunged at the wheel.  He may have been very angry and said some things to the DL and driver, however he would have had to go through multiple people to get to the driver and wheel.  Also, for those interested, the driver cannot just drive where the President tells him to go.  There are plenty of security measures that are put into place prior to any movement.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, airborneskins said:

They put her in a very tough position by having her testify, under oath, to a rumor that she had heard.   Once it officially comes out (via public testimony of those that were in the car) that what she described didn’t occur, she could potentially be brought up on perjury charges.   The remainder of what she said could very well be true, however because of that one incident, it will not be looked at as credible.

No they didn't. She was very clear in her testimony that it was something she heard from someone second hand and that it wasn't denied or confirmed even when given opportunity. They went out of their way to do that to keep her safe. 

There was never going to be a chance that people who don't want to believe this stuff about Trump would take what she said seriously anyway. We have to understand this by now as a group. It happens over and over. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Llevron said:

I want to know how he knew they weren’t there with those guns for him. How could you  possibly know that? Was it a good guess? 

well,he is the best guesser. People go up to him all the time, hug and kiss him, and they ask “how could you ever come up with a guess like that.” He then reminds them how he’s a genius and he is the best guesser in the world, unlike Sleepy Joe and the crooked media. They couldn’t guess as good as he does. You’ve never seen a guesser like him.

it’s all math 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, airborneskins said:

in my personal opinion, I don’t believe that he lunged at the wheel.  He may have been very angry and said some things to the DL and driver, however he would have had to go through multiple people to get to the driver and wheel.  Also, for those interested, the driver cannot just drive where the President tells him to go.  There are plenty of security measures that are put into place prior to any movement.

But she didn’t testify to what happened in the vehicle.  She testified to what Ornato told her.  It be very difficult to prove she perjured herself (I don’t believe she did) unless there was some recording of the meeting.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

And if the rest of her entire story can be and is corroborated? What then?

If the rest of the story is collaborated, that's good for her but this part of the of the story not being true, damages what she said. I am not so sure the committee will be able to collaborate the other parts of her story. The people they need to collaborate; will not testify.

I view this as a misstep.

People are orgasming that, we got Trump now.  Trump Will never go to jail, because there will be at least one maga juror that will neverc convict him.

I think he gets competition for The 24 nomination and isn't a lock. If that happens, he becomes irrelevant.   Considering there was a large swath of people involved to pull off the coup; I hope this committee at least leads to those people going to jail.

I'm realizing now that a lot of you play down to your competition. Like you don't understand the difference in significance between this car testimony and testimony that Trump tried to knowingly send a armed mob to the capital. And I know you all do. Its embarrassing that you keep acting dumb because the same idiots who believed ingesting horse dewormer are still acting dumb. Like we dont know the drill by now. 

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, airborneskins said:

It wasn't a "rumor."  She related a conversation with two persons, minutes after the incident, and one of those persons - head of security detail "Bobby" Engel - was IN THE CAR. Engel listened to Ornato's retelling of the incident and said nothing to dispute or contradict what was said.  

Try to fathom any rational reason why a 25 year old Trump loyalist would fabricate -under oath - such a story .  There is no explanation.  

And in any case, that minor detail is a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of her testimony.  Sucks that the focus is on that one salacious detail.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

If we can assume that all of this is enough of a hit on Trump, that he can't win the Republican party and that somebody (e.g. Desantis) becomes the nominee, is it enough to protect our republic?

Last I checked, Trump was still super comfortably ahead in polling for the GOP nomination.

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

It wasn't a "rumor."  She related a conversation with two persons, minutes after the incident, and one of those persons - head of security detail "Bobby" Engel - was IN THE CAR. Engel listened to Ornato's retelling of the incident and said nothing to dispute or contradict what was said.  

Try to fathom any rational reason why a 25 year old Trump loyalist would fabricate -under oath - such a story .  There is no explanation.  

And in any case, that minor detail is a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of her testimony.  Sucks that the focus is on that one salacious detail.

She wouldn't. This is pure distraction, nothing more.

It's pretty telling that with so much incredibly damning testimony the best the right can do is try to get people to focus on one of the details of one of the smaller revelations. Next it will be "RIDICULOUS! KETCHUP? EVERYONE KNOWS THERE WAS MUSTARD ON THAT PLATE! SHE'S A LIAR! DON'T LISTEN TO HER!"

The thunderous silence from most of the GOP on that hearing is notable as well. At least before the GOP was tweeting dumb **** like "All. Old. News." Now they're just completely mum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Tell us what you saw.

The man entered the bank, brandished a gun, and demanded all the cash. When the teller moved too slowly, the man shot her, then shot three other customers in the lobby, jumped over partition, and emptied all the registers. He ran out the door, jumped into a waiting red car, which sped off. 

The car was MAROON.  Perjury! Your story is false.

But there are four dead bodies and thousands of dollars are gone.

LALALALALAL I can't hear you.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Trump tried to knowingly send a armed mob to the capital. 

Right but how many people that broke into the capital on jan 6th were actually armed? With bats fire extinguishers and belts? Capital police should be embarrassed they allowed this to happen 

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 2

Just now, CjSuAvE22 said:

Right but how many people that broke into the capital on jan 6th were actually armed?

Does it matter? He was explicitly told that there were armed people in the crowd and he directed them to go to the Capitol anyway.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Llevron said:

No they didn't. She was very clear in her testimony that it was something she heard from someone second hand and that it wasn't denied or confirmed even when given opportunity. They went out of their way to do that to keep her safe. 

There was never going to be a chance that people who don't want to believe this stuff about Trump would take what she said seriously anyway. We have to understand this by now as a group. It happens over and over. 

Speaking of not wanting to believe…

• Thumb down 1

45 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You know that. I know that. Others know that. 

Yet it doesn’t matter. 

And we know that too :(

(I realize you kind of basically said the same thing in the rest of your post…)

Edited by tshile

5 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Right but how many people that broke into the capital on jan 6th were actually armed? With bats fire extinguishers and belts? Capital police should be embarrassed they allowed this to happen 

Do you think shooting Ashley Babbitt was the correct decision? Do you think more of the people entering the Capitol with violence as their intent should have been shot?

How many lives would you have been OK with the Capitol police taking to stop the invasion?

Every single one of these people (Miller, Trump, whoever) going online or on TV and saying Hutchinson was lying under oath should go before the committee and say that under penalty of perjury.

The more Trump sycophants that come out of the woodwork now to try and discredit her, the more panicked they clearly are.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

41 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If the rest of the story is collaborated, that's good for her but this part of the of the story not being true, damages what she said.

In what possible way? lol...Unless you're saying that even with corroborating evidence that proves she's telling the truth, people will still think she's lying solely due to some anonymous hearsay claiming she is. Which, if that is what you're saying, nobody alive should give two ****s about what that segment of the population thinks about any of this.

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

In what possible way? lol...Unless you're saying that even with corroborating evidence that proves she's telling the truth, people will still think she's lying solely due to some anonymous hearsay claiming she is. Which, if that is what you're saying, nobody alive should give two ****s about what that segment of the population thinks about any of this.

They have been a lost cause since alternative facts was a thing. I wish more people would get this. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, airborneskins said:

They put her in a very tough position by having her testify, under oath, to a rumor that she had heard.   Once it officially comes out (via public testimony of those that were in the car) that what she described didn’t occur, she could potentially be brought up on perjury charges.

Did she testify that she heard the rumor, of did she testify that she directly saw it happen?  If the former, that's not perjury.  

In any event, none of the people claiming what she said is wrong have been sworn so, until that happens, you can safely assume they are lying.  And any one of them agreeing to be sworn in would be the most shocking thing I can imagine happening related to the Jan 6 committee. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Trump lunging at his Secret Service in the car is a huge nothing-burger and is hearsay on top of it. 

Which is why conservative media is all over it. 

Hopefully they move on to something else really fast. 

53 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

And any one of them agreeing to be sworn in would be the most shocking thing I can imagine happening related to the Jan 6 committee

The two agents have supposedly said they will testify that the account she told was inaccurate

(Which I realize doesn’t make her a liar or call the rest of what she said into question, she was clear she was relaying what she was told and did not witness it herself)