Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biden/Harris Legislative/Policy Discussions - Now with a Republican House starting 2023

goskins10

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

No,

We are talking about the specific instance where there is an unplanned pregnancy, where the woman wants to keep the baby, and the man doesn’t wan to keep the baby and wants to demand the woman get an abortion or be absolved of any responsibility. So not a lot of trust between the two people in that scenerio.

And the most likely cause of getting pregnant is having unprotected sex so I’m not sure your problem is the second part. Sure sometime contraception fails, but it is rare for it to fail.

Im being sincere here

this is incredibly naive. 

it is not uncommon for two people in a relationship to find themselves in a pregnancy neither wanted. Or two good friends. Or even a married couple - maybe it’s too early in their marriage, maybe it’s too late and they already have all the kids they can handle. 

and maybe it doesn’t matter which one of those it is because the reality is a pregnancy is overly risky for her. My buddy’s sister was in that situation and she had the kid and everyone is fine but it was an incredibly high risk situation. 

in your own you way you’ve wound up being a proponent of abortion who thinks women that wind up making that decision, that isn’t health related, did by having unprotected sex with someone they don’t trust

at this point I don’t really know what to say. Whatever assault on woman’s rights you think this idea is - it isn’t.

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

it is not uncommon for two people in a relationship to find themselves in a pregnancy neither wanted. Or two good friends. Or even a married couple - maybe it’s too early in their marriage, maybe it’s too late and they already have all the kids they can handle. 

I didn’t say it was uncommon or impossible. In your scenario both people care about each other and the majority of time will work through the issue together. And the guy isn’t trying to cut and run from his responsibility.  There is trust.

All scenarios aren’t the same.

We are talking about disputed abortions where the man wants an abortion and the woman doesn’t and whether or not he should be able to absolve himself of responsibility. You are (erroneously) trying to make this about every abortion.

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

in your own you way you’ve wound up being a proponent of abortion who thinks women that wind up making that decision, that isn’t health related, did by having unprotected sex with someone they don’t trust

no, I didn’t.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I didn’t say it was uncommon or impossible. In your scenario both people care about each other and the majority of time will work through the issue together. And the guy isn’t trying to cut and run from his responsibility.  There is trust.

All scenarios aren’t the same.

We are talking about disputed abortions where the man wants an abortion and the woman doesn’t and whether or not he should be able to absolve himself of responsibility. You are (erroneously) trying to make this about every abortion

well. You’ve completely minimized the impact on the man. 

there are men who would prefer to not have the child, but if it happens would own up to the responsibility of making a child. 

there are also men that just would not want the responsibility. 

you’re presumption that this only happens with people who have unprotected sex with people they don’t trust, is just incredibly naive. 

10 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Don't we have an abortion thread?

I thought that’s what we were in 😂 I just assumed my bad 

8 hours ago, tshile said:

well. You’ve completely minimized the impact on the man. 

there are men who would prefer to not have the child, but if it happens would own up to the responsibility of making a child. 

Perfect. That’s what they should do.

there are also men that just would not want the responsibility.

they made grown up choices. Now they should face grown up consequences.

you’re presumption that this only happens with people who have unprotected sex with people they don’t trust, is just incredibly naive. 

I said the majority of the time when there is a disputed abortion that is the case.

The leading cause of unplanned pregnancy is unprotected sex. So that is a fact.

If you find yourself in a situation where you are being forced into having a child when you didn’t want, at the very least your trust was misplaced. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

6 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

yea, and?

Men should control their body and use a condom… or get a vasectomy, or jo… whatever. It’s their body, they can make those choices. To abort or not to abort is a woman’s choice, it’s their body.

ignorance takes many forms…

It’s funny that doctor assisted suicide is illegal, yet doctor assisted murder of a yet born human isn’t.

People go to jail for causing spontaneous abortions of pregnant women except those who choose to do it themselves.

@CousinsCowgirl84 people have the right to do what they want with their whatever. Just balance the equation, women get to do what they want after a pregnancy and so do men = no consequences for changing your mind.

I was hoping this would stay more policy driven with a natural discussion about abortion legal rights for both men and women. But it has devolved. So it's probably time to move this back to the abortion thread and get back to policy. I think this is the right thread. If it's not, please feel free to correct me. 

As for policy, I just looked at this page with White House priorities. Seems either outdated or at least out of touch. It starts with Covid. While I get Covid is still an issue, I believe this is the time for the administration to keep working but more in silence. Just do what you need to. 

Immigration is at the bottom. I am not one who thinks there is this grave issue at the border, but many people do and it seems like it should at least be prioritized higher than last. Also seems like the economy and health care should be higher. Just not sure this list as written shows the right priorities. I realize some will say they are not in any particular order but people will read it that way whether they want them to or not. Just a thought. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/priorities/

• goskins10 changed the title to Biden/Harris Legislative/Policy Discussions

Sorry if I made it go off track…..

Getting on track - here we go…..

Biden is old and showing 🐌

Kamala is a goal digging user 🕷️

Trump is a soft core pedo 🐷

Linsey Graham is still Lady G 😸

DeSantis is a wannabe Bush reject 👺

Obama was a yes man soldier 🤖

Nancy is from California 🦀

AOC is flighty and blown 🐔

Majorie Greene is goofball 🤡

McConnell is melting 🫠

McCarthy is a male AOC 🐍

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Sorry if I made it go off track…..

Getting on track - here we go…..

Biden is old and showing 🐌

Kamala is a goal digging user 🕷️

Trump is a soft core pedo 🐷

Linsey Graham is still Lady G 😸

DeSantis is a wannabe Bush reject 👺

Obama was a yes man soldier 🤖

Nancy is from California 🦀

AOC is flighty and blown 🐔

Majorie Greene is goofball 🤡

ClaytoAli is as dumb as a brick 🧱

FTFY

• Haha 2

On 10/14/2022 at 2:20 PM, goskins10 said:

Every republican president since Nixon has left office with significantly higher deficit spending than they came into office with. Every democratic preident in those same 50+ years has left office with significantly lower deficit spending except Carter and he was about flat only increasing deficit spending while is office about $70B (very low for a country with our size GDP).So this little nuggest of yours is disengeniuos to put it mildly. Where was this reccomendation when trump - pre-covid impact - was increasing deficit spending from $660B to well over $1T and putting in place policies to keep increasing deficit spending for at least 10 more years? And don't pull the focus on who is president now ignorance. Your posts and positions are completely hypocritical and this is proof unless you can produce a similar reccomendation for the trump administration. 

Just one example: Obama took office with defict spending well over $1T and then reduced it to a low of $460B in 2014. It still ended much lower when he left office. 

U.S. budget deficit cut in half for biggest decrease ever amid Covid spending declines

The U.S. budget deficit was sliced in half for fiscal 2022, the biggest drop in history following two years of huge Covid-related spending.

Though still large in historical terms, the budget shortfall declined to $1.375 trillion, compared to the 2021 deficit of $2.776 trillion.

The decline would have been steeper had it not been for the Biden administration’s student loan forgiveness program. Education spending totaled $639.4 billion for the fiscal year, $408 billion higher than estimated.

The 2022 fiscal year saw $4.896 trillion in revenue against $6.272 trillion in outlays. The outlays number represented about a $550 billion decline in spending but an $850 billion increase in revenue. The revenue total is by far the highest ever for the U.S. government.

Deficits in the previous two years soared as Congress shelled out massive sums to combat the pandemic.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

Folks trippin sayin Biden old and needs to go.

He's clearly found that sweet spot of talking how he actually wants to that might rub people the wrong way and using it directly towards the hypocrisy of the GOP over and over again.

We've never seen the White House tackle right-right propaganda on social media the way this one has.  So unless we damn sure Kamela is ready folks need to leave Dark Brandon DF alone.

• Thumb up 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2