Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biden/Harris Legislative/Policy Discussions - Now with a Republican House starting 2023

goskins10

I am so dreading the 2024 campaign and glad I won't be stateside to be exposed to all that nonsense. The Republicans need to get back to who they are, the Democrats are hardly enthused by the incumbent, resident host of Tales from the Crypt. We all deserve better than what those parties arw putting forward.

6 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

I am so dreading the 2024 campaign and glad I won't be stateside to be exposed to all that nonsense. The Republicans need to get back to who they are, the Democrats are hardly enthused by the incumbent, resident host of Tales from the Crypt. We all deserve better than what those parties arw putting forward.

If you gonna do some Crypt Keeper malarkey, then you definitely deserve every single thing the GOP is giving you.  In fact, you may not even deserve that much.

Just now, TradeTheBeal! said:

If you gonna do some Crypt Keeper malarkey, then you definitely deserve every single thing the GOP is giving you.  In fact, you may not even deserve that much.

Not a Republican either. Just want both parties to out forward better slates of candidates at all levels. The GOP certainly has its share of should've-retired-ages-ago people.

16 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Not a Republican either. Just want both parties to out forward better slates of candidates at all levels. The GOP certainly has its share of should've-retired-ages-ago people.

Who wants to be a political puppet for the rich?  There are plenty of people who would be great representatives.  We don't look for them.  Because some combination of the political parties or rich gatekeep them.  

Let me say this... does AOC operate a transparent operation.  Here's my daily agenda, who I met, what I did... 100%.  

Nope.  They don't .  Why not?  

8 hours ago, skinzplay said:

The Republicans need to get back to who they are,

The Republicans are who they are. And it's who they've been, for my adult lifetime. 

Last major Republican who I'm not certain was owned by Satan, was Gerald Ford. (Who was the first person I ever voted for.)

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

6 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

@LarryGW wasn’t owned by satan. He was just inept and unqualified.  It he was at least the happy kind of inept and unqualified….

Really?  Just for one example, who was it that decided that we were going to use 9/11 as an excuse to invade Iraq?  Who decided that well, if the voters insist on attacking the Taliban, then ok, I guess we will. But within weeks, we'll foist them off to allies, so we can get on with the real mission of invading Iraq?  

Who was it who decided we would spend years asserting that the US has the authority to make people disappear, without defense, warrants, or due process, and forceably interrogate them?  Including, in fact, US citizens?  

PATRIOT act?  FISA?  NSA databases of every phone call made, domestically, by US citizens?  No warrant, probable cause, or crime required?  

• Thanks 3

Congress reaches early deal to keep government funded. Kevin McCarthy is not happy

Congressional negotiators have reportedly reached a “framework” for a bill to fund the government for the next year, and are optimistic about getting it passed by Dec. 23, allowing members to head home for Christmas. Since the current continuing resolution funding the government runs out on Friday, that means another one-week extension to get the full bill done, and the House is moving on that short-term bill, possibly voting on Wednesday. If this omnibus funding bill doesn’t get passed before the new Congress is seated in January, the House will be controlled by Republicans, creating the virtual certainty of a nastier fight and a worse bill, and the strong likelihood of a government shutdown—and, significantly, the deal is supported by House and Senate Democrats and Senate Republicans, but not House Republicans.

Click on the link for the full article

Biden signs bill that lets domestic violence survivors remove abusers from phone plans

President Joe Biden has signed H.R. 7132 or Safe Connections Act of 2022 into law, and it could help domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking and human trafficking survivors ultimately cut ties with abusers. Under the new law, users can ask mobile service providers to separate their line — as well as their dependents' — from their abusers' if they have a shared contract. That would ensure that abusers no longer have access to their phone records and can't get their service cut. Carriers aren't allowed to charge fees to grant these requests, which they must do within two days. 

In addition, Safe Connections Act of 2022 will require the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to create rules that would make it easier for survivors seeking separate mobile plans to enroll in its Lifeline Program for up to six months. This FCC initiative gives qualifying low-income consumers a discount on phone services, so they can remain connected to job opportunities, friends, family and emergency services while they're working to get back on their feet. The commission also has to establish rules that would prevent calls or texts to hotlines from appearing on call logs, presumably to keep survivors safe. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1