Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2021

Cooked Crack

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Well, the problem with this is that most mandates are coming from companies/corporations themselves, not politicians.  Not to mention most polls show a majority of American (not just GOP) supporting these mandates, so your example aside, sometimes we can't draw conclusions based off the outrage portrayed on the TV box.

And who do you think the corporations are complying with? I don’t believe these mandates are nearly as popular as you believe that they are. There’s a reason Florida has gained 600k residents since the start of the pandemic, while California lost over 180k residents in a year. But you know, TV box and such 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, ddub52 said:

There’s a reason Florida has gained 600k residents since the start of the pandemic, while California lost over 180k residents in a year. 

Florida has an exceptionally strong gravitational stupidity well.  Its so strong that its ripping the stupid from the other state.  Soon it will reach critical stupid and collapse under its own stupid.

A stupid hole...

Stephen Hawking warned us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The issue with Dems isn’t messaging. It’s that their platform asks you to aspire to give a ****.

Give a **** about your fellow man, the environment, animals, beautiful places.

The Republicans appeal to the lowest common denominator. It’s easier to not give a ****.

Their platform of preying on the intellectually lazy appeals to a population dominated by the intellectually lazy.

they win because they aren’t trying to fight human nature. All they have to do is make you believe someone will take what is yours and they’re halfway there.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

And who do you think the corporations are complying with? I don’t believe these mandates are nearly as popular as you believe that they are. There’s a reason Florida has gained 600k residents since the start of the pandemic, while California lost over 180k residents in a year. But you know, TV box and such 

It's not about corporations complying with anyone, it is about companies wanting to run a business that doesn't end up a constant turnstile of employees going out on sick leave for a couple weeks at a time to isolate/quarantine.  It makes no good business sense to have a revolving door of employees who can't remain at work due to a virus that there is an easy solution for.

The CA mass exodus is also a myth, btw.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jul/09/leaving-california-exodus-evidence-myth

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What actual GOP policy has won over a majority of voters recently?   

The "no CRT in schools" one is tricky because technically because there is no CRT in schools, a GOPer who wins election can literally doing nothing and then claim they were successful at making sure CRT was banned from schools.

I am also a huge fan of "allowed to say Merry Christmas again" policy that won over the hearts & minds of some people. 

It doesn’t matter that CRT isn’t actually in schools, because no one knows what CRT means.  What republicans did was make up their own definition for it.  Personally, I think they largely took anti-racism, the training of which I suspect is annoying much of the American workforce, and called it CRT which sounds way more ominous that “anti-racism”.  Hard to campaign against “anti-racism” without looking like a racist, but it’s easy to oppose something called “Critical Race Theory”.  The name makes it sound ominous.  

Then republicans argued that democrats were pushing this insanity on children.  The right response was to argue that parents have always been kept in the loop, and that no democrat would presume to know better than parents when it comes to their own children.  That’s the only answer parents want to hear.  

Democrats stepped into the trap instead.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

It doesn’t matter that CRT isn’t actually in schools, because no one knows what CRT means.  What republicans did was make up their own definition for it.  I think they took largely anti-racism, the training of which I suspect is annoying much of the workforce that has an HR department, and called it CRT which sounds way more ominous that “anti-racism”.  Hard to campaign against “anti-racism” without looking like a racist, but it’s easy to oppose something called “Critical Race Theory”.  The name of it makes it sound ominous.  

Then republicans dared democrats to sell the idea to parents… and democrats did not respond with “of course we care about how parents feels”.  They self righteously stepped right into the trap.  

Yes. This too.  The GOP strategist even admitted as much a year ago when he made it a point to first introduce "CRT" to the discourse.  He straight up said he doesn't suggest actually talking about actual CRT, rather just find examples of individual teachers or school districts doing wacky stuff and calling it CRT. 

Edited by NoCalMike

4 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Florida has an exceptionally strong gravitational stupidity well.  Its so strong that its ripping the stupid from the other state.  Soon it will reach critical stupid and collapse under its own stupid.

A stupid hole...

Stephen Hawking warned us.

I considered FL when I had a job lined up back 2018 but it fell through then the pandemic happened. Really did make me reconsider any FL move seeing how how handled the last few years.  Probably for the best as I heard the golf sucks there and that’s my jam.  I have family in Cal but it’s too damn expensive.  People are leaving there for Texas and Arizona in Droves.  Colorado is losing people too due to Denver’s housing costs. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Thumb up 1

30 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It's not about corporations complying with anyone, it is about companies wanting to run a business that doesn't end up a constant turnstile of employees going out on sick leave for a couple weeks at a time to isolate/quarantine.  It makes no good business sense to have a revolving door of employees who can't remain at work due to a virus that there is an easy solution for.

The CA mass exodus is also a myth, btw.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jul/09/leaving-california-exodus-evidence-myth

You think corporations aren’t worried about compliance? Lol. Anyways, how is that working out for them? Thousands of flights cancelled and staffing shortages in hospitals and businesses all over the country.

I’m just going by the census numbers. I guess those are a myth 

1073E226-5132-4508-9E08-D881F94063C1.jpeg

Edited by ddub52

13 minutes ago, MrSilverMaC said:

The issue with Dems isn’t messaging. It’s that their platform asks you to aspire to give a ****.

Give a **** about your fellow man, the environment, animals, beautiful places.

The Republicans appeal to the lowest common denominator. It’s easier to not give a ****.

Their platform of preying on the intellectually lazy appeals to a population dominated by the intellectually lazy.

they win because they aren’t trying to fight human nature. All they have to do is make you believe someone will take what is yours and they’re halfway there.

First, I think you are totally wrong here.  But lets just assume you are right here.

In your own words, the Dems are “asking” you to do something.  They are asking you to be better.  You are correct that not taking the easy route is against human nature.  But getting people to do that is at the very core of effective leadership.  And that is what we are electing these people to do, lead.

Human nature tells me there is no way I’m charging up that hill under a barrage of gunfire.  Not gonna happen.  But effective leaders convince you to do it anyways.

Leaders inspire, not just ask you to aspire.  And messaging is key to that.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

1 - I work for a company that supports small/medium businesses. And the growth in employee count is insane. Those businesses have pivoted and thrived. Many moving to remote when possible and having mandates. 

2 - is 600k the net increase? I am not finding the same numbers. Yes #1 in entry, but also #4 I believe in exits. And I think YoY it’s barely over a 1% gain from prior year growths. 

3 - I do not believe your cali figure is accurate either. 

and again 

GOP 2020 : “Everyone should still work during a pandemic. I need groceries, medical care, and restaurants. Make my food for min wage. If you quit for “your health” you are a lazy freeloader!”

GOP 2021: “No one should have to work if it requires a vaccine or mask or test which I’ve decided are all unhealthy. I quit!”

Edited by thegreaterbuzzette
Typo
  • Like 1

The positive is that's VA Senate wasn't on the ballot tonight so Dems hold that. Feel like Youngkin's only going to try to appeal to the base so that might help come 2023. Maybe some Virginians will swing back when Youngkin is hanging out at the border with other GOP governors or supporting abortion bans.

9 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

1 - I work for a company that supports small/medium businesses. And the growth in employee count is insane. Those businesses have pivoted and thrived. Many moving to remote when possible and having mandates. 

2 - is 600k the net increase? I am not finding the same numbers. Yes #1 in entry, but also #4 I believe in exits. And I think YoY it’s barely over a 1% gain from prior year growths. 

3 - I do not believe your cali figure is accurate either. 

and again 

GOP 2020 : “Everyone should still work during a pandemic. I need groceries, medical care, and restaurants. Make my food for min wage. If you quit for “your health” you are a lay freeloader!”

GOP 2021: “No one should have to work if it requires a vaccine or mask or test which I’ve decided are all unhealthy. I quit!”

In 2020 Florida had a net increase of 300k, and is on track to do the same in 2021. 

According to the census, California lost 180k+ residents in 2020

It’s unfortunate but the writing was on the wall. Youngkin won for the reasons we said we thought he would. 

50/50 split in the legislature. So that’s fun. 

🤷‍♂️ 

dems need to refresh what they got going on here. 

12 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Ill say things and its not at all specific to women.  How the **** do we let this country get run by the least smart people????

Because there are a lot of fragile (racist) white people and the GOP knows how to work them up and turn them out to vote. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Was watching Ted Lasso tonight and it was the episode where he plays darts and he talks about the quote attributed to Walt Whitman "Be curious, not judgmental."

If you think about it, the GOP is the opposite of that. They aren't intellectually curious and they are judgmental AF. This is who they are and it's a huge problem in this country. 

• Like 2

One thing being left out of this thread, post election, is crime.  Republicans went heavy on democrats being soft on crime, and I think that’s only going to grow.  Partially because democrats have become softer on crime.  They want to send less people to prison and the stories of liberal DAs refusing to charge criminals are endless on the alternative media.  

Youngkin trotted out sheriffs to say democrats wanted to defund police (which is dumb and not true) and VA got a very vague warning of possible violence at malls just before the election.  

I think I remember reading some time ago that white women reacted strongly to this issue.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Was watching Ted Lasso tonight and it was the episode where he plays darts and he talks about the quote attributed to Walt Whitman "Be curious, not judgmental."

If you think about it, the GOP is the opposite of that. They aren't intellectually curious and they are judgmental AF. This is who they are and it's a huge problem in this country. 

Well, at least we have a man now who will get Leaves of Grass out of school libraries.