Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Favre, but with less recklessness, less INT's or turnovers, but less arm strength.

Recklessness, TO’s as a result of those reckless decisions, and arm strength are the only factors that define Favre.

Unless of course Taylor had a prescription medication addiction, sent dick pics to a reporter, and swindled a million dollars from the state for speaking engagements he never attended. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Yeah. You would be wrong and it's silly you would use that as your argument.

Who cares? The point of my post is that Manning was a shell of himself from his hey days and as a qb he lacked arm strength but the Broncos still won. So when all those who are saying that we can’t win it all because we don’t have a franchise qb, the Broncos and the Ravens are two examples that you don’t need one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

Who cares? The point of my post is that Manning was a shell of himself from his hey days and as a qb he lacked arm strength but the Broncos still won. So when all those who are saying that we can’t win it all because we don’t have a franchise qb, the Broncos and the Ravens are two examples that you don’t need one. 

I care, because our defense isn't remotely close to what theirs were.

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Ron is going to bring to someone else in next year to compete for the job.  Taylor will have the edge but he will have to beat out the draft pick or free agent/trade guy next year.

Which free agent has more tangible/moxie/IT factor/scrambling abilities/Houdini escapism than Taylor right now?

Wilson has already said he is not going to Washington. 

44 minutes ago, zskins said:

Which free agent has more tangible/moxie/IT factor/scrambling abilities/Houdini escapism than Taylor right now?

Wilson has already said he is not going to Washington. 

But for a funny take, this Seahawks fan said Wilson might come to Washington - to BACKUP Heinicke ! And was serious  😀

https://seahawkblue.com/showthread.php?993-Official-Game-Thread-Seahawks-Washington!-Week-12!-MNF!-Rated-R!/page11

I think Russ is checking to see if they have a spot for him next year. Maybe backing up Taylor?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Red zone struggles have cost us 2-3 games already so I'd say it's at least time for the offense to get caught up with the point totals in general. This has to get cleaned up.  

Getting Thomas back will help.  The Heinicke to Thomas bromance almost paid off last night.  Woulda been a tough catch but it is the NFL and those contested catches have to be made.  I'd bet on Thomas securing the next one that comes his way. 

9 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm fine with the conservative play calling in the 3rd. Going down to our 4rth center against this awesome Seattle defense was tough and they were bursting through the line every time he dropped back. We leaned on the run and had a war in the trenches and came out on top. It was conservative, but we obviously wore them out and it paid off for us. Wilson might be washed, but Wagner sure isn't and that's a tough team.

I agree.  That was a test your manhood game and the Offense squared up like a boss.  Did you see Wagner in the fourth after Gibson and the Oline bludgeoned him and his defense?  He was holding his arm lol.  

Last night was not about style.  It was about rising to the level of your opponent's intensity.  Seattle was desperate.  Last night they were fighting for their season.  I love the fact that the WFT has enough heart and nastiness to punch a bully in the mouth.  That game will pay dividends later.  Teams will begin to fear the WFT rushing attack now.  Guess what that leaves open?  Play action!  With Thomas and Samuel back, along with Scary Terry, we should see some really nice shot plays dialed up in the future.  

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I feel like we were playing a 4 quarter game. The seahawks have not been remotely blown out this year. Packers shut them out, but only scored 17. Rams and Cards were in the 20's. I kept seeing everyone yelling to "put them away", but that's not as easy as it sounds. Their defense is very good and they were playing very aggressive. They were coming through on every drop back. What if we tried to throw a 10 yard play on 3rd down, Heinicke gets hit and throws a pick? Not such a close game anymore, especially without a kicker. Instead we kept it in the trenches and won a war of attrition. Pretty damn impressive and Gibson looked like a man possessed last night. Pretty sure they told him before the game they were gonna ride him like a rented mule and he stepped up.

Since the bye week he has looked more refreshed.

True, Heinicke played with a dirty pocket almost the entire game.  It's good that he can survive in that atmosphere.  But there weren't many times that he could just get thru his reads in comfort.  Again, Seattle was desperate.  Today, they're going to be talking about rebuilds and the draft.  They played hard but the WFT Oline and rest of the offense met their intensity and raised the ante.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, skinsfan93 said:

Add in the Eagles with Nick Foles who can't seem to find a starting job in the NFL.  He was a gamer on an insanely talented eagles team.  He also got very hot in the playoffs and made some gutsy throws in the SuperBowl vs NE. 

7 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

TH had all but nailed on the starting role going into the upcoming offseason for me. We just need to see some performances in the closing division games to cement that position. I mean, he’s won me over. He may not have to overall measurable’s, but my God he’s got more than enough in his character to win a lot of games.

I think this sums it up for me too. Before and after the playoff loss I was excited and wanted to see more of TH and that hasn't changed a bit after seeing him play this year. This kid is changing the way I feel about this team in that I feel he gives us a chance to win no matter who we play. 

48 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Does the NFL start sending more scouts to ODU ?

Gotta look out for those Monarchs.

Our Monarch has lived up to his name. With his pylon dives and his speed, he can fly like a Monarch butterfly.

Hmmm.....the Washington Monarchs? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That's a really nice compact slide.

Heinicke does pretty much everything the way you want a pro QB to do. Just sucks he wasn't blessed with the prototypical size and measurables.

Not having those prototypical traits are probably a big reason he has all of these intangible traits that make him the player he is.

Jason Campbell was the prototype and was about as exciting to watch as a slug.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I said it long before the season started, if TH is our qb we have a chance at playoffs. But if fitz was the qb we wouldn’t even get close. I still can’t figure out why they even went and got fitz and spent that money. TH deserves another season, he hasn’t even started a full 16 games yet and he has such a high ceiling. I think if he would trust his arm more he would be way better. I think he still has a bit of fear in his arm strength.  With that being said, I love the kid. 

• Like 2

Over the past 50 or 60 years, we've grown understandably skeptical of the American Dream. Nevertheless, we still reserve a small part of our being for that orientation of the spirt, as long as the Dream doesn't strike us as being too grandiose or naive. The great thing about Taylor Heinicke's American Dream story is that it persists with earnest humility; that it is soft-spoken and incremental in its plot. He knows and admits that he isn't quite tall enough or strong enough. He intends to get better one play at a time. This steady work toward competence is refreshing, if not thrilling. This humility runs counter to the gaudy threads of influencers and would-be celebrities. If Heinicke were in the stands during the Seattle game, he, too, would have pushed Gerald Everett back on the field and then gone about his day as if he had done nothing special. He puts together long drives in the same way that we put together our days when we are working hard. And, finally, he wins. Shouldn't we all?

Edited by dswerdlw
missing word
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

I expect the offense to move the ball and him to make plays throughout (big time). Can he reach the point we can expect the offense to score at a high clip? 

This is a wild year, arguably the best team in the NFL has a rookie pocket QB leading the way. I think cheap QBs begin to break through over the next 10-15 years more often. 

• Like 1