Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

And meanwhile, two NFL franchise QBs are stinking it up in a late 3rd quarter, 3-0 snooze fest.  Each have thrown picks into each other’s end zones.  Rodgers vs Wilson.  Touchback, barf!

I hope we beat the Hawks next week!!!!

Edited by petey hodge

3 hours ago, mojo said:

This game made the season for me.  At least this team has a pulse.  Taylor played one helluva game.

Pretty much feel the same.  Beating a team we had no business beating because we played a (relatively speaking) complete game.  Doesn’t mean all that much to me in terms of hope for this season - a lot has to go right to get to that point - but it showed heart and was a game to be proud of. Great to see TH get a revenge win against Brady too.

The Offense and Defense worked together finally.  Turner called a run heavy game to keep Brady off the field, preserve the D and protect his qb, Taylor played pretty loose, scrambled a bit to buy time, picked up some firsts with his legs, spread the ball around and was mostly on time and/or target with his throws.  Starting to see some cohesion in the back 7 too.

It’s nice to see our depth making an impact, but man, I can’t help feeling a bit “what could have been”.  Losing Young, Sweat and Roullier for the home stretch hurts.  Would have been interesting to see our ends playing with a seemingly improved back 7.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Probably not.  And that's okay, he'll still be able to hold a clipboard and play every once in awhile and make enough money to change his family's fortune.

Todd Collins was in the league until damn near age 40. 

6 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Who knows, Kirk Cousins first 9 games of the 2015 season ranged from really bad to meh, those last 7 games made him one of the highest paid players in the game.

Reality check, Kirk showed way more potential than Heinicke has, both in early 2015 and even in 2014.  Fans and media didn't notice, but the pros did.

9 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm surprised no one's complained that he couldn't get it done when it counted against Brady in the playoffs last year but he just ****ed us on draft positioning in a relatively meaningless game.

Come draft time we may curse what happened, but the team and fan base needed a morale booster.

I totally expected some of the folks who created accounts solely for Taylor to find their way back here after yesterday's game.

@Koolblue13 Makes a solid point about his arm and getting a week off for the bye.  He even made that point prior to yesterday's game, that perhaps the rest would benefit him.  Kudos, sir.

Because yeah, that was definitely the best game he's had since he's been here.  He looked like he belonged and the wobblers and floaters didn't stand out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1