Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pelissero: WFT signing Mychal Kendricks off SEA Practice Squad

CRobi21

• CRobi21 changed the title to Pelissero: WFT signing Mychal Kendricks off SEA Practice Squad
14 minutes ago, method man said:

We might be his last stop on his NFL career. He is set to get sentenced in Jan for insider and trading

I really want to find The Replacements quote with Jon Favreau leading the way for Michael Jace since he's going to prison after the game... 

Send Kendricks off with a few big wins boys.  Haha

image.jpeg.d0adb8dba7c81051b3e21c1c9f606b0d.jpeg

Mychal Kendricks

Cal Berkely grad

30 years old

5’ 11”

244 lbs 

Ran a 4.44 at the combine

24 reps @ 225lbs

Favorite retired player: Joe Namath. He called his shots won big games and played all night long with fine women.

Favorite active player:  Me. If I don’t believe in myself why should you?

Favorite cheat food: Peanut butter and banana sandwiches on Wonderbread.

Favorite movie: All the Saw movies are great. I watch one before going to sleep the night before every game.

Favorite tv show: Probably Housewives of Atlanta, got the whole set on DVD, Nene be trippin’.

Favorite song: I don’t know...I guess give me an old school classic like Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot. 

Favorite date activity: Netflix and chill with some champagne, strawberries and plenty of warm whipped cream.

Last question: If you could have any super power what would it be and why?

Answer: X-ray vision to see through walls and clothes (laughs) either that or mind controling people to do whatever you want.

/p

3 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Last question: If you could have any super power what would it be and why?

Answer: X-ray vision to see through walls and clothes (laughs) either that or mind controling people to do whatever you want.

/p

Sounds charming.

1 hour ago, method man said:

We might be his last stop on his NFL career. He is set to get sentenced in Jan for insider and trading

I wasn't even aware of that incident.

How does a guy who's about to be sentenced to jail for insider trading, still allowed to play in the NFL, due to it's conduct policy ? Did he already serve a suspension or something ?

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

A week late...

Right, didn't we learn anything from Philly, the way they claim our players immediately BEFORE our game ?

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I wasn't even aware of that incident.

How does a guy who's about to be sentenced to jail for insider trading, still allowed to play in the NFL, due to it's conduct policy ? Did he already serve a suspension or something ?

Right, didn't we learn anything from Philly, the way they claim our players immediately BEFORE our game ?

Imagine if we advance in the postseason and this guy gets sentenced in the middle of the playoff run

I won't comment on the signing itself, but I think it was good tweak to the rule allowing for teams to pull players from other teams practice squad without the need to go through the extra time on COVID wait. What they did to Denver was unreasonable. I don't know if that's what changed or if its because of how late we are in the season but I'm glad he's immediately available. 

5 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I won't comment on the signing itself, but I think it was good tweak to the rule allowing for teams to pull players from other teams practice squad without the need to go through the extra time on COVID wait. What they did to Denver was unreasonable. I don't know if that's what changed or if its because of how late we are in the season but I'm glad he's immediately available. 

I thought the Denver issue was just timing. They could have done this, but due to protocols the players wouldn't have been ready by Sunday (it was Saturday when the QBs were forced to quarantine and there needs to be testing/travel before new signees can join, right?)

Regardless, I like this signing as a 'why not' move. But this forum's obsession with "character" of the players makes me second guess. Do we really want an unholy, lying, cheating, inside trader on our defense?????

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

Not if he gets charged with insider trading.

The Team must have some inside info on this one otherwise why they’d sign him is beyond me.

btw he already has been charged, he plead guilty and will be sentenced in January. 

Fwiw the other person his partner in this got 3 years probation - which is much better than a 25 year prison sentence. I wouldn't expect a wealthy football player to do worse than that. 

31 minutes ago, Kiss Mike Rumph said:

I thought the Denver issue was just timing. They could have done this, but due to protocols the players wouldn't have been ready by Sunday (it was Saturday when the QBs were forced to quarantine and there needs to be testing/travel before new signees can join, right?)

Regardless, I like this signing as a 'why not' move. But this forum's obsession with "character" of the players makes me second guess. Do we really want an unholy, lying, cheating, inside trader on our defense?????

I don’t know that character is the issue here...

More like the dude could go to jail.

I’d guess the Team figured it out and asked around the typical sentence for this kind of thing. But would suck to lose him to league discipline or jail time in the middle of a playoff run.

Despite him being out of football for so long he’s already our best linebacker. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I don’t know that character is the issue here...

More like the dude could go to jail.

I’d guess the Team figured it out and asked around the typical sentence for this kind of thing. But would suck to lose him to league discipline or jail time in the middle of a playoff run.

Despite him being out of football for so long he’s already our best linebacker. 

The NFL is a fascinating place.  And how we react to it is fascinating, too.

It's one of the few places, maybe the only place in our society...where we look at a guy's off the field transgressions...and based on how well they're performing on the field, do we make a judgement on them which pushes our morals to the margins.

Not to drag Haskins into this, but to drag Haskins into this...if he's putting up Mahomes numbers, are any of us this pissed off at him?  Or do we roll our eyes collectively and just go "Dude, get it together.  Don't do it again!"?

Are any of us REALLY upset at signing a guy who has insider trading issues because he could help us get into the playoffs?  We'd be way more upset at a senator who's been convicted of insider trading.  

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The NFL is a fascinating place.  And how we react to it is fascinating, too.

It's one of the few places, maybe the only place in our society...where we look at a guy's off the field transgressions...and based on how well they're performing on the field, do we make a judgement on them which pushes our morals to the margins.

Not to drag Haskins into this, but to drag Haskins into this...if he's putting up Mahomes numbers, are any of us this pissed off at him?  Or do we roll our eyes collectively and just go "Dude, get it together.  Don't do it again!"?

Are any of us REALLY upset at signing a guy who has insider trading issues because he could help us get into the playoffs?  We'd be way more upset at a senator who's been convicted of insider trading.  

Speaking for me and only me - yes. In a pandemic going out and doing that stuff right before the playoffs, but any time, is selfish. I’d be upset.

Archived