Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pelissero: WFT signing Mychal Kendricks off SEA Practice Squad

CRobi21

9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I hope this was for insurance and not because Holcomb or KPL are gonna miss another game.

If I have to pick one, I think we need Holcomb a tad more because there is no answer otherwise at the SAM position, especially because Bostic now has to stick to ILB without SDH around

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

..where we look at a guy's off the field transgressions...and based on how well they're performing on the field, do we make a judgement on them which pushes our morals to the margins.

Not to drag Haskins into this, but to drag Haskins into this...if he's putting up Mahomes numbers, are any of us this pissed off at him?  Or do we roll our eyes collectively and just go "Dude, get it together.  Don't do it again!"?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1985/07/31/let-riggins-be-riggins/db725209-57e4-4139-ae39-486ac3e70561/

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Not to drag Haskins into this, but to drag Haskins into this...if he's putting up Mahomes numbers, are any of us this pissed off at him?  Or do we roll our eyes collectively and just go "Dude, get it together.  Don't do it again!"?

Are any of us REALLY upset at signing a guy who has insider trading issues because he could help us get into the playoffs?  We'd be way more upset at a senator who's been convicted of insider trading.  

A senator committing insider trading is much worse because they can write law that affects trading, whether directly or indirectly affects trading. 

This guy is most likely involved in selling info or paying for info. If someone approached you with a plan to collect money and buy a bunch of stocks and sell them before something you knew was going to happen crashed their price would you give him money to win? Actually don't answer that question! 😬

As far as the Mahomes thing - I wouldn't feel the same because Mahomes works his ass off. Take away the fact that Mahomes is a different level of player from Dwayne skillset wise, of those skills that that are learned or can at least be improved by learning I have no doubt Mahomes has put in so much more work than Dwayne that even if they were completely even Mahomes would be insanely more refined. It is obvious Mahomes works much harder than dwayne. 

Because of that of course I would give him a chance more than dwayne, not just because it makes sense from a purely data driven stance but because this year has sucked and its been really hard on everyone. I'd support Mahomes getting quarantined and docked his game checks but any suspension and stuff... I would leave that up to the people directly involved and the NFL with whatever their season rules are. 

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

Speaking for me and only me - yes. In a pandemic going out and doing that stuff right before the playoffs, but any time, is selfish. I’d be upset.

Agreed. Also, arguably people would be MORE pissed because if he were to face punishment it would actually hamper our team. I guess one way to look at this positively is that  we could suspend him and hardly miss a beat offensively (which is pathetic, but still)

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thank god they don't have CMC or Burns playing, but are we without Gibson and TMac?

Does no one else understand how well we shut cmc down?..20-40 rushing yards and I believe no touchdowns..could be wrong on that one but go ahead and Google it..we own McCaffrey 

So is kendricks fully healthy ready to go?

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thank god they don't have CMC or Burns playing, but are we without Gibson and TMac?

I betcha Scary Terry will be back at practice tomorrow. Just a hunch because he has been battling that ankle injury for some time and I think they are just resting it. He mafe it through the whole game last week. I doubt Gibson plays much or at all if Giants lose. I agree that Burns and CMC not playing is huge. They also have nothing to play for which is huge as well.

On 12/22/2020 at 12:49 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

The NFL is a fascinating place.  And how we react to it is fascinating, too.

It's one of the few places, maybe the only place in our society...where we look at a guy's off the field transgressions...and based on how well they're performing on the field, do we make a judgement on them which pushes our morals to the margins.

Are any of us REALLY upset at signing a guy who has insider trading issues because he could help us get into the playoffs?  We'd be way more upset at a senator who's been convicted of insider trading.  

If Dwayne were balling like Mahomes, I'd drive over to the hotel suite and shake my own ass in his face too. With a mask and proper face shield on, of course. Then I'd call my buddy Mychal for stock tips to invest the singles I brought home.

Archived