Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

For those that have got their kids vaxxed how are the side effects for them?  The same as adults? Lesser?  Should I plan on the kids missing school the next day should they get the jab in the middle of the week?

My kids (both elementary) were fine.  We gave them the next day off just in case, but it wasn't noticeable at all.  But it was a good chance to play hooky and hang out together all day.

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

For those that have got their kids vaxxed how are the side effects for them?  The same as adults? Lesser?  Should I plan on the kids missing school the next day should they get the jab in the middle of the week?

Son is 6 and daughter is 11. Neither had any side effects or issues, not even a sore arm. I wish my side effects were that easy when I got mine. 

• Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Either the regiment works as submitted or it doesn't.  If the proposed regimen works for 6months to 2 yrs, but not for 3 to 5, then you can submitt for approval for 6mth to 2 (if such breakdown is allowed), but you have no basis for 3-5.  Find out why it's not working for 3-5 and come back.  

100%

I’ve got a 2 and 4 year old in the Pfizer trial. Our research coordinator indicated Pfizer was hoping that 98% of their test subjects displayed a robust immune response. In the 2-4yr range, it was “only” 90%. With zero serious side effects. They undershot the dose for 2-4 *very slightly*. 

There’s strong evidence supporting the approval of the two dose while the third dose is being tested. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

No side effects for my 6 and 11 year old.  Had them midweek with no missed time from school.  Wife had side effects for shot 2 and 3.  I had side effects for shot two.

• Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I’ve got a 2 and 4 year old in the Pfizer trial. Our research coordinator indicated Pfizer was hoping that 98% of their test subjects displayed a robust immune response. In the 2-4yr range, it was “only” 90%. With zero serious side effects. They undershot the dose for 2-4 *very slightly*. 

There’s strong evidence supporting the approval of the two dose while the third dose is being tested. 

If it works, then yes.  The NPR story quote seemed to indicate that the trial didn't work for 3-5, not that the trial was slightly less effective for 3-5 (or 2-4 as it were).  If it shows 90%, I'm sure it will have no problem on the efficacy front for the EUA and it comes down to safety.

2 hours ago, bearrock said:

I'm sure it will have no problem on the efficacy front for the EUA and it comes down to safety.

The way I’m reading things - safety isn’t the issue. 

the issue is just that it seems to have not been effective (enough)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

The way I’m reading things - safety isn’t the issue. 

the issue is just that it seems to have not been effective (enough)

Do you see what the percentages are for 3-5?  If it really is 90%, that should be high enough right?

6 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Do you see what the percentages are for 3-5?  If it really is 90%, that should be high enough right?

I don’t have that. Didn’t they submit it today? I don’t know how anyone would have those numbers yet unless they worked for Pfizer, the cdc people doing the work, or unless Pfizer released it publicly??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Keeping in mind that I’m not qualified to know any of this…

if that’s the case, I’m guessing the move is:

a 3rd dose fixes this, so get the 2 and then this age group will get a 3rd later. 

which means our vaccine protocol will be:

2 doses for 6 mo - 2 years

3 doses for 2 years to 5 years

2 doses for every other age group. 

I understand the desire for expediting things. I have a 3 year old - I get it, trust me. 

but this seems foolish. For so many reasons. 

getting the 2 shot dose right should be the correct move here. 

the government has already had a miserable time effectively disseminating information and guidance

this is going to make that worse. 

not a fan of this at all (based on my current understanding of things)

Yeah right wing anti Vax nuts have been posting on VCU’s page celebrating them being forced to drop their mandate despite being a top medical college.   On the other side you got alum threatening to stop donating for them doing that.  Personally if you aren’t affiliated with my alma mater I don’t give a flying flap Jack what you think about the school’s business. 

U.S. Army begins to discharge soldiers who refuse COVID-19 vaccination

U.S. Army soldiers who refuse to be vaccinated for COVID-19 will soon be discharged, the military branch announced Wednesday.

The Army said it will "immediately begin separating Soldiers from the service" who refuse to be vaccinated or who don't have an approved or pending request for exemption.

"Army readiness depends on Soldiers who are prepared to train, deploy, fight and win our nation's wars," said Secretary of the Army Christine Wormuth. "Unvaccinated Soldiers present risk to the force and jeopardize readiness."

Soldiers who are discharged for refusing to be vaccinated "will not be eligible for involuntary separation pay" and may have to return any unearned special or incentive pay, the Army said.

As of Jan. 26, it said, 96% of active troops have been completely vaccinated, while 3,350 soldiers have refused to get the vaccine. Nearly 5,900 have received temporary exemptions.

Click on the link for the full article

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 2/1/2022 at 10:54 AM, NoCalMike said:

My kids (6 and 10) were fine. Some of my middle schoolers stayed home the next day with the classic aches/fatigue, many did not.

I would leave open the possibility that they might need to stay home, but it's not a sure thing.

• Thumb up 1