Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

Teenage son just got boosted on Friday.ย  He claims he is fine but has been knocked out before his normal bed time.ย 

ย 

COVID "experience" so far should teach us that our world doesn't know anything about best path forward on these viruses and is too disappointingly on a government level.ย  This week has been so odd with the number of min wage employees out.ย  Walmart was short staffed.ย  Gas station short staffed.ย ย 

ย 

Our politicians want it to go away, but we are going to be struggling a bit more as a country, sadly.... and globally...ย 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Teenage son just got boosted on Friday.ย  He claims he is fine but has been knocked out before his normal bed time.ย 

ย 

COVID "experience" so far should teach us that our world doesn't know anything about best path forward on these viruses and is too disappointingly on a government level.ย  This week has been so odd with the number of min wage employees out.ย  Walmart was short staffed.ย  Gas station short staffed.ย ย 

ย 

Our politicians want it to go away, but we are going to be struggling a bit more as a country, sadly.... and globally...ย 

ย 

Yesterday, the Buffalo Wild Wings app was not accepting orders for our location.ย  I tried to call in a take-out order and was placed on hold for a few mins then would get an automated message saying that there was no one there to help me and then the call disconnected.ย  Pretty sure they were closed due to staffing issues.ย ย 

ย 

That location got hit hard, tons of people quit and they can't find anyone to fill the vacancies. Really sad and I'm so ****ing tired of this pandemic.ย  Never in a million years did I think we would be where we are now, two years out.ย ย 

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

ย 

Yesterday, the Buffalo Wild Wings app was not accepting orders for our location.ย  I tried to call in a take-out order and was placed on hold for a few mins then would get an automated message saying that there was no one there to help me and then the call disconnected.ย  Pretty sure they were closed due to staffing issues.ย ย 

ย 

That location got hit hard, tons of people quit and they can't find anyone to fill the vacancies. Really sad and I'm so ****ing tired of this pandemic.ย  Never in a million years did I think we would be where we are now, two years out.ย ย 

Wild wings shut down is what broke you.ย 
ย 

ย 

• Haha 3

This is big change for the better. Early today, I chatted with Medicare & was told they don't cover them. This does not change Medicare coverage. Article highlights are mine.ย 

ย 

Home COVID tests to be covered by insurers starting Saturday

ย 

WASHINGTON -- Starting Saturday, privateย healthย insurers will be required to cover up to eight home COVID-19 tests per month for people on their plans. The Biden administration announced the change Monday as it looks to lower costs and make testing for the virus more convenient amid rising frustrations.ย 

Only tests purchased on or after Jan. 15 will be required to be reimbursed, the administration said. Some insurers may choose to cover the costs of at-home tests purchased earlier, but they won't have to.

ย 

ย 

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/home-covid-tests-covered-insurers-starting-saturday-82184444

Edited by EmirOfShmo

T-cells from common colds could help scientists make the "Holy Grail": A variant-proof COVID vaccine

ย 

T-cells generated as part of the body's natural immune response to the common cold may help protect against serious illness from COVID-19, according to a study carried out in the U.K. ย Researchers at Imperial College London told CBS News the findings could help scientists create vaccines that remain more effective against new variants of the coronavirus.

ย 

The study, which was peer reviewed and published in the journal "Nature Communications," began in September 2020 and looked at 52 household contacts of people who had tested positive for COVID-19. It found that 26 people who were exposed to the coronavirus but did not get sick had significantly higher cross-reactive T-cells, generated by previous common colds, than those who did become ill with COVID.

"The conclusion should not be that if you've had a common cold you don't need to worry about contracting COVID-19," Professor Aljit Lalvani, one of the authors of the study, told CBS News.

ย 

This is so for a number of reasons, including that not all colds are caused by coronaviruses, and T-cells' ability to fight off symptomatic infections wanes over time.

ย 

"What the study tells us is that there is a mechanism, a natural mechanism of natural protective immunity, that is triggered by previous common cold coronavirus infections. โ€ฆ So the point is not to rely on that, but to exploit and to harness that naturally occurring protective immunity to develop better vaccines."

ย 

Lalvani said the majority of the current COVID-19 vaccines specifically target the virus' spike protein, which it uses to affix itself to healthy human cells. The vaccines cause the body to produce antibodies and T-cells that respond to that protein. This has offered good protection against the coronavirus so far, but as has been seen with Omicron, multiple mutations to the spike protein can render the vaccines less effective.

ย 

Lalvani says the research at Imperial College found that T-cells generated after a common cold caused by other coronaviruses (which are common) attack a type of proteins that remain similar across the known COVID-19 variants. These internal proteins are responsible for virus replication, rather than attaching to external cells. That vital role in the virus' evolution gives it far less potential to mutate, he explained.

ย 

"The fact that (the T-cells) can attack the internal proteins of each of these related viruses [COVID-19 variants] means that they give what's called a broad cross-protection," Lalvani told CBS News. "That's in sharp contrast to the surface spike protein, which is the target of antibodies induced by vaccines. And clearly, SARS-CoV-2 is under huge, intense pressure in the global population because most people now have these antibodies, whether induced by vaccination or infection, so the virus is trying naturally to evade that immunity through mutation, and that's why Omicron has such a high number of mutations in the spike protein. But the internal proteins are relatively unchanged."

ย 

Click on the link for the full article

1 minute ago, TheDoyler23 said:

ย 

Does Rand Paul not realize that a local non-profit hospital administrator probably makes 3-4X Fauci's salary?ย 

Probably not, considering he's an ophthalmologist with no accreditation.ย 

ย 

His father is an OB/GYN, which should scare the **** outta every woman on Earth.ย 

6 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Rand Paul is going after Fauci again. What an asshole. Even mentioned his salary.ย 

ย 

Fauci Heard Muttering โ€˜What a Moron, Jesus Christโ€™ After Fiery Exchange With Kansas Senator

ย 

A fed-up Dr. Anthony Fauci was heard on a hot mic calling Sen. Roger Marshall (R-KS) a โ€œmoronโ€ after Marshall repeatedly demanded more financial disclosure from Fauci during a Senate hearing on Tuesday. Marshall held up a giant fake paycheck to illustrate the fact that his staff couldnโ€™t find Fauciโ€™s public financial disclosure. Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and Bidenโ€™s top health advisor, snapped back that his finances were readily available, and had been โ€œfor the last 37 years or so.โ€ He added that Marshall, who blamed โ€œthe big tech giantsโ€ for concealing Fauciโ€™s finances, just had to file a public information act request to view his disclosures. โ€œYou are so misinformed that itโ€™s extraordinary,โ€ he seethed. As Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) shut Marshall down and regained control of the proceedings, Fauci could be heard muttering to himself, โ€œWhat a moron. Jesus Christ.โ€

ย 

ย 

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

Fauci Calls Out Rand Paul For Trying To Fundraise Off Of Repeated Attacks Against Him

ย 

Dr. Anthony Fauci on Tuesday once again found himself sparring with Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), this time noting that the GOP senator is trying to fundraise off of his repeated attacks against the White House chief medical adviser. To make his point, Fauci brought images of Paulโ€™s fundraising materials.

ย 

โ€œYou go to Rand Paulโ€™s website, and you see โ€˜fire Dr. Fauciโ€™ with a little box that says โ€˜contribute here!'โ€ Fauci said during a Senate Health Committee hearing on Tuesday, holding up examples of Paulโ€™s campaign materials. โ€œYou can do $5, $10, $20, $100.โ€

ย 

โ€œSo you are making a catastrophic epidemic for your political gain,โ€ he told the senator. โ€œSo I ask myself why would the senator want to do this?โ€

ย 

Fauci expressed his ongoing frustration, noting that Paulโ€™s attacks against him have spurred an escalation in the death threats he has received from the โ€œcrazies out there.โ€

ย 

Click on the link for the full article

1 hour ago, China said:

As Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) shut Marshall down and regained control of the proceedings, Fauci could be heard muttering to himself, โ€œWhat a moron. Jesus Christ.โ€

And remember. This person has shared press conferences with Donald Trump.ย 

On 1/9/2022 at 10:31 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

ย 

While I appreciate the humor, thats ****ed up broski.ย  It's all good though, you keep doing you homie.

Sorry. And trust me it is ALL jokes between friends.

Trust me, we are all at, near, past the breaking point. I'm gaslit daily by family. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

ย 

• Like 1