Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

On 8/12/2021 at 8:51 AM, bcl05 said:

I don't think hospitals can ethically refuse to care for the unvaccinated (as personally tempting as that might be), but I do think that insurers (famously not beholden to morality) could/should consider not paying for that care, or at least having a different scale of coverage for the unvaccinated and stupid.  

But apparently they can refuse on religious grounds...

Federal judge rules that Catholic hospitals can refuse LGBTQ patients

And here I have VRBOs booked over Xmas for Hawaii which I think is going to have to be cancelled if people are gaming the system(per that CNN article) and restrictions coming back there.   What a kick in the balls after no vacations last year.

• Sad 1

With ACB's block yesterday of the vaccine mandate. I think we will see more and more place mandate the vaccine. PGCPS just announced all staff will have to be vaccinated or tested weekly. My company we have to provide vaccine card by next Friday. My Mom's work all employees must be vaccinated by Oct 1. 

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

It's been said many times here, but every day they keep proving it over and over.

Today's Republican party is a death cult.

Balls to the wall (I think s/he has em) in an effort to lock up that title of most despicable person on planet earth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

More US cities requiring proof of vaccination to go places

Hold on to that vaccination card. A rapidly growing number of places across the U.S. are requiring people to show proof they have been inoculated against COVID-19 to teach school, work at a hospital, see a concert or eat inside a restaurant.

Following New York City’s lead, New Orleans and San Francisco will impose such rules at many businesses starting next week, while Los Angeles is looking into the idea.

The new measures are an attempt to stem the rising tide of COVID-19 cases that has pushed hospitals to the breaking point, including in the Dallas area, where top officials warned they are running out of beds in their pediatric intensive care units.

Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said the situation is so dire that if a parent is seeking care for a sick or injured child, “your child will wait for another child to die. Your child will just not get on a ventilator. Your child will be care-flighted to Temple or Oklahoma City or wherever we can find them a bed, but they won’t be getting one here unless one clears.”

Earlier this week, Jenkins ordered that masks be worn inside schools, county buildings and businesses after a judge blocked Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s ban on such rules. The county is not requiring people to show proof of vaccination.

On Friday, the Chicago school system, the nation’s third-largest district, with more than 360,000 students, announced it will require all its teachers and other employees to be fully vaccinated by mid-October unless they qualify for a medical or religious exemption.

Philadelphia has decreed that health care workers and college students and staff members must get their shots by mid-October.

New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell called proof of vaccination the best way to protect businesses. She said she is not imposing capacity limits or contemplating a shutdown similar to the one that devastated businesses in 2020.

“Unlike this time last year, we have a tool that we did not have,” she said, referring to vaccines.

Over the past two weeks, Louisiana has set daily records for the number of people hospitalized with COVID-19, reaching 2,907 patients on Friday. Ninety-one percent of those hospitalized are unvaccinated, according to state data.

Louisiana’s Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards sounded the alarm about the risks of overloaded facilities with too few staff to handle the crush of people with the coronavirus illness on top of the car crash victims, heart attack patients and others.

“We are rapidly getting to the point where we could have a major failure of our health care delivery system,” he said.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 2

Austin brewery giving away free cases of beer to people who come to get vaccinated

Free beer and protection against a deadly virus? What could be better!

This weekend, Thirsty Planet Brewing Company is hosting a vaccine event. If people choose to get a shot, they'll go home with a free case of beer.

The brewery, located at 8201 S. Congress Ave., will be partnering with Livingston Med Lab for the event from 2 to 6 p.m. on Saturday. Registration will be required at least 24 hours prior to arrival.

• Like 1

US reports nearly 1 million vaccinations in past day, most since early July

The United States on Friday reported almost a million new COVID-19 vaccinations from the previous day's total, the biggest one-day tally for vaccinations since early July.

About 918,000 were administered on Friday, according to Cyrus Shapar, the White House's COVID-19 data director. The number includes 576,000 people getting their first dose of the vaccine.

The increase signals a rise in the vaccination rate amid a push to get more people shots as the delta variant fuels a surge in cases.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the average number of shots per day has jumped from about 500,000 in mid-July to about 700,000. But the latest figures are still well below the peak in April, when more than 3 million shots were being given each day.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Idahoans are using ivermectin, an animal medication for parasites and worms, as a Covid preventative and treatment. If they can't find doctor to prescribe after doctor shopping they go to feed stores or the internet to obtain the drug. Since it's highly concentrated for animals, it can be very dangerous for humans.  Stupidity knows no bounds.

Edited to add: Ivermectin is the active ingredient in the Heartgard meds that I give Dancer for heartworm prevention..

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-idahoans-using-ivermectin-treat-100000991.html

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Idahoans are using ivermectin, an animal medication for parasites and worms, as a Covid preventative and treatment. If they can't find doctor to prescribe after doctor shopping they go to feed stores or the internet to obtain the drug. Since it's highly concentrated for animals, it can be very dangerous for humans.  Stupidity knows no bounds.

Edited to add: Ivermectin is the active ingredient in the Heartgard meds that I give Dancer for heartworm prevention..

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-idahoans-using-ivermectin-treat-100000991.html

Hey at least ivermectin doesn't magnetize you or put the Bill Gates microchips into your system.

CHECKMATE, LIBTARDS!

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Hey at least ivermectin doesn't magnetize you or put the Bill Gates microchips into your system.

CHECKMATE, LIBTARDS!

This **** drives me nuts. Like, I laugh about it don’t get me wrong. But you have to go out of your way to find this poison and pay for it to take it. The ducking mental leaps you have to make to do something like this is just gross. I can’t imagine not striking a person who told me they did this out of anger. I would have to hit them. For Jesus. He would want me to. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

This **** drives me nuts. Like, I laugh about it don’t get me wrong. But you have to go out of your way to find this poison and pay for it to take it. The ducking mental leaps you have to make to do something like this is just gross. I can’t imagine not striking a person who told me they did this out of anger. I would have to hit them. For Jesus. He would want me to. 

One of me sociology classes mentioned a theory that I read about just long enough to pass the test, then forgot about. 

It had to do with why people riot. But I'm wondering if it applies elsewhere. 

The theory says that each person has a number inside them. That says that, if they see that many people doing something that's horrifyingly wrong, and getting away with it, then they will join in. (And maybe push things a bit further.)

And what has to happen, for a riot to occur, is for one person to do something wrong. And be seen doing it do a person who's number is set to "1". So that person joins in. And they get seen by a "2". Who then gets seen by a pair of "3"s. 

And, the more people there are, nearby, the easier it is to have a cascade. 

I think that when it comes to antisocial behavior like this, it might be the same way. A lot of "rioters" are doing things that their rational mind knows is wrong, because they see other people doing it, reveling in it, and getting away with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

One of me sociology classes mentioned a theory that I read about just long enough to pass the test, then forgot about. 

It had to do with why people riot. But I'm wondering if it applies elsewhere. 

The theory says that each person has a number inside them. That says that, if they see that many people doing something that's horrifyingly wrong, and getting away with it, then they will join in. (And maybe push things a bit further.)

And what has to happen, for a riot to occur, is for one person to do something wrong. And be seen doing it do a person who's number is set to "1". So that person joins in. And they get seen by a "2". Who then gets seen by a pair of "3"s. 

And, the more people there are, nearby, the easier it is to have a cascade. 

I think that when it comes to antisocial behavior like this, it might be the same way. A lot of "rioters" are doing things that their rational mind knows is wrong, because they see other people doing it, reveling in it, and getting away with it. 

Plus there was a madman in the White House who said it was okay right before the insurrection. 

• Like 2

Get the vaccine or get fired? In Shenandoah Valley, some nurses choose termination.

They were hard to miss on the corner of a busy four-way intersection at the entrance to Winchester Medical Center: a group of about 20 people - many of them nurses, some in scrubs - protesting the hospital's recent coronavirus vaccine mandate.

Some were on a quasi-strike, skipping a day of work to stand on the side of the road in scorching heat, holding signs that demanded, "NO FORCED VACCINATION."

Subscribe to The Post Most newsletter for the most important and interesting stories from The Washington Post.

A 16-year-old son of a health-care worker yelled on loop, "Honk for medical freedom!" and many did. A firetruck honked. An EMT gave a thumbs-up. An ambulance bleeped its sirens and truck driver after truck driver yanked on their horns - until every so often, an angry voice cut through the traffic and a middle finger jutted out the car window.

"'I hope you all get fired!" one driver yelled as he passed the unvaccinated protesters.

"We're going to!" one woman responded. "You'll need us next week!"

The nurses' employer, Valley Health, the parent company of Winchester Medical Center, had given them an ultimatum: Get the shot or face termination. And those standing on the street corner Tuesday had already made up their minds.

Valley Health announced a vaccine mandate for its 6,300 employees at its six locations on July 19, while offering religious and medical exemptions for eligible applicants. The hospital system joins a growing number of medical institutions, universities, governments and companies that have turned to employee vaccine requirements to ensure the safest possible workplaces as the highly contagious delta variant ushers in another deadly wave. For the majority of Valley Health employees, the policy was not a problem; 75 percent are fully vaccinated, the company said.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1