Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Dallas Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

127218407_10159185092344574_820595425027

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

And by the same token, there's no way for you to say this without knowing what Ron and Kyle have discussed. You're basically saying the opposite of me, that this team has a great plan for the QB position. But you have the same problem that I do, neither of us are speaking directly with Ron and Kyle. You're just assuming there is a great plan. But by your own logic, you can't know one way or the other.

The team (and Ron and Kyle) may or may not have a plan, but even if it does have a plan, it does not mean the plan is a good one. Any plans at this point have to be pretty vague though. There's no trades in place, there's no free agents willing to sign here, and no one knows who will be in the draft, let alone who might available when Washington picks.. Cam Newton was the #1 pick in the draft, so Carolina at least controlled who they got that year. This team isn't picking #1. It won't have that luxury. 

Yeah but I'm not making definitive statements like "there's no real good plan there". I never said they have a great plan, you're putting words in my mouth.

I do think there are several options, which works in the team's favor. But you won't see any definitive statements from me, just speculation.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

We are not gonna get destroyed..Pittsbugh didnt embarrass any of our division rivals and Dallas had them beat. The Steelers are not as good as their record and we're not as bad as ours...I predict a close, physical game...Our d-line is no joke for any team.

I agree with this. We may not win, but we won't get manhandled, because Steelers have had somewhat of an easy ride, and not as good as many people portray them, and we're not as bad as many people portray us. They may be the "better" team. But we could be close enough, that a well-executed game in all phases, as well as good coaching, could catapult is just enough to win

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I agree with this. We may not win, but we won't get manhandled, because Steelers have had somewhat of an easy ride, and not as good as many people portray them, and we're not as bad as many people portray us. They may be the "better" team. But we could be close enough, that a well-executed game in all phases, as well as good coaching, could catapult is just enough to win

I am really not excited about the prospect of picking #19. But if this team somehow beats the undefeated Steelers, I will officially give up the Tank and root for the division win. At that point, the value of culture building would outweigh the penalty in draft order.

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

We have a defense that is putting opponents back on the shelf....don't tell me Burrow got hurt and that's how we lost. We knocked his ass out of the game....I don't advocate hurting players but thats the fact. If we beat the Steelers and knock Big Ben out of the game, same deal. We beat your ass with our all first round defensive line. Be ready and be afraid...

ive never hear anyone bemoan the steelers in the 70s knocking a qb, lt, rt, dl outta a game....championships is allll any1 remembers....f' them for being puzzies

3 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

I've always judged Redskins' coaches on their record vs. Dallas first and foremost. Everyone talks about how great Lombardi was for us. Yeah, but he lost to Dallas twice. Everyone talks about Marty's big comeback when he turned it around at 0-5. Love the guy, but ... lost to Dallas twice. Gruden? Horrendous record vs. that team. Rivera is currently undefeated and the WFT has NEVER lost to the Cowboys. That's a good sign for me ... and a good start. 

lol i was thinking the same thing...40 years from now I can say that the Cowboys have never beaten the Washington Football Team!!! n never will : )

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That seriously was the turning point.

Who knows, there might have been a completely different outcome if they just punt it there.

They practically gift-wrapped our surge.

ESPN is calling that fake punt the worst fake punt in NFL history....ha,ha,ha. Dallas is in a world of hurt.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

OK, this is fanspeak. They are 10-0, beat Baltimore like a bad child, beat Tennessee when they were undefeated, had to deal with all this COVID stuff directly impacting their games, Beat Cleveland, beat NY easily when we lost to them twice. I'm not saying its a blowout, and I think we have been competitive with teams all year, but Pitt is another level, especially thinking about how they routinely rain on our parade (I'm thinking about Zorn's first year and that week 1 game where Breeland couldn't cover Brown but there are probably more). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

OK, this is fanspeak. They are 10-0, beat Baltimore like a bad child, beat Tennessee when they were undefeated, had to deal with all this COVID stuff directly impacting their games, Beat Cleveland, beat NY easily when we lost to them twice. I'm not saying its a blowout, and I think we have been competitive with teams all year, but Pitt is another level, especially thinking about how they routinely rain on our parade (I'm thinking about Zorn's first year and that week 1 game where Breeland couldn't cover Brown but there are probably more). 

And now they will be playing us on 4 days rest while we will have 10 days rest coming off of our best win of the season. The Steelers are 10 - 0 and have played the easiest schedule in the league, not to mention they nearly lost to Dallas and Philly played them very tough in Pittsburgh. With Alex managing things I like our chances of having a chance to steal a win in Pittsburgh. In the NFL anything can happen....do you remember Miami going into New England last year and beating the Pats in week 17 knocking the Pats out of the playoffs bye week? We can beat Pittsburgh, especially with them on a short week. 

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

And now they will be playing us on 4 days rest while we will have 10 days rest coming off of our best win of the season. The Steelers are 10 - 0 and have played the easiest schedule in the league, not to mention they nearly lost to Dallas and Philly played them very tough in Pittsburgh. With Alex managing things I like our chances of having a chance to steal a win in Pittsburgh. In the NFL anything can happen....do you remember Miami going into New England last year and beating the Pats in week 17 knocking the Pats out of the playoffs bye week? We can beat Pittsburgh, especially with them on a short week. 

Then we better hope that they beat division-rival Baltimore, and have less to play for when WFT/WTF steps on the field.  Heck, I was hoping they'd bench BigBen to preserve him for their SB run.

11 hours ago, petey hodge said:

Then we better hope that they beat division-rival Baltimore, and have less to play for when WFT/WTF steps on the field.  Heck, I was hoping they'd bench BigBen to preserve him for their SB run.

I'd be drinking too much Kool Aid to think we will go into Pittsburgh and win the game, but I don't think it's out of the question the way things are going. This WFT is playing some physical football and if we are in the game at halftime I like our chances to wear the Steelers down. One other thing, the Steelers secondary can be had if you can find a way to give Alex time. I expect a big day out of T-Mac.

• 6 months later...