Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Dallas Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

127218407_10159185092344574_820595425027

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I feel like we also might have just got McCarthy ****canned. 

Part of it is his own fault. That fake punt was a fireable offense. Almost swinging gate-esque. 

McCarthy is merely a symptom of the real problem.

Edited by profusion

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That seriously was the turning point.

Who knows, there might have been a completely different outcome if they just punt it there

I could get it if it was like 4th and 2 or something. But man, that far back and 4th and 10? You’re out of your ****ing mind. I wouldn’t even do that on madden in college. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Play of the game was Gibson waving bye-bye as he was running into the end zone. Usually I don't like showboating, but it's been a long season and these guys deserve a little fun.

I also like how he was counting how many TDs he has had so far...1, 2 and 3. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Been a tough day. My Dad's in a nursing home and I got a call while eating T'giving lunch that he had a fever. COVID's going around there, so that's obviously the main worry. Can't be tested until tomorrow, but at halftime got an update that his temp was back to normal, which eased my mind enough to enjoy the utter ass-kicking just unleashed. Far more important things in life than football, obviously, but this was a much needed jolt of good feelings today. Hopefully that continues. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, even though it's been a tough one for many. Thoughts go out to the family of Markus Paul and all the players, too. Horrible for them.  

Best wishes to your dad.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Keys to the Redskins season... Don't spot the other team 17 points in the first half and dominate in the second.

You're on the money here.....I'm seeing a trend where our defensive line wears down opponents to the point where we usually dominate the 2nd half. Lets see if that's the case vs. Pittsburgh next week. Go all the way back to week one where we won the 2nd half. We owned Detroit for most of the 2nd half. Asking offensive lines to hold up against our rotation is asking a lot, especially as the season plays out. We are a 2nd half team, maybe a 2nd half of the season team too......

• Like 1

I've always judged Redskins' coaches on their record vs. Dallas first and foremost. Everyone talks about how great Lombardi was for us. Yeah, but he lost to Dallas twice. Everyone talks about Marty's big comeback when he turned it around at 0-5. Love the guy, but ... lost to Dallas twice. Gruden? Horrendous record vs. that team. Rivera is currently undefeated and the WFT has NEVER lost to the Cowboys. That's a good sign for me ... and a good start. 

• Like 6

I don't believe we are a good team, but hey we are not Dallas Cowboys bad.

That playcalling was not even questionable, I was loosing my Thanksgiving stuffing on that fake punt and I'm a WSH fan. I was mad for the Dallas fanbase on that one.

Zombie simply cant stomach playcalling that is that bad, regardless of its source.

If your gonna beat a Div opponent, might as well embarrass them on Natl TV. Fun to watch

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

4-7 is really not that bad, for a coach going through cancer and chemo, who had trouble just getting out of bed many days

In fact, notice how we've been playing much better, since he finished his treatment ?

Yep, and 3 of our losses by a combined 7 points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

Did anyone notice how they gave Dallas the points on the scoreboard for a moment? 

I guess they thought since Dalton threw it. 🤪

38 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Dan Snyder with those unexpected psychic abilities 

Snyder doesn't make the trip to Dallas because of COVID contact. WFT blows out the Cowboys in Dallas. Hmmmm, maybe he should start NOT showing up to any of the games.

Edited by BleedBNG
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I've always judged Redskins' coaches on their record vs. Dallas first and foremost. Everyone talks about how great Lombardi was for us. Yeah, but he lost to Dallas twice. Everyone talks about Marty's big comeback when he turned it around at 0-5. Love the guy, but ... lost to Dallas twice. Gruden? Horrendous record vs. that team. Rivera is currently undefeated and the WFT has NEVER lost to the Cowboys. That's a good sign for me ... and a good start. 

Out of the 60 years of the Cowboys existence, the Redskins have swept them only 5 (now 6) of those years.

The coaches were Gibbs (2 different decades),Turner, Shanahan, and now Rivera.

(Dallas has swept us 20 times 😣)

Edited by BleedBNG