Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

People Trump Pardons/Commutes Sentence

LadySkinsFan

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

About that tool I was asking for... maybe you should keep it.  And use it however you feel is necessary.

I can’t believe I’m having to say this again - but making threats of violence against a POTUS is a Federal crime.  Let’s not do that - or quote people doing that. Even, or perhaps especially, in these crazy times.

There have been warnings before recently about this. This is going to be the last warning - people are going to start getting perma bans. The Board just can’t allow this to happen.

What Trump is doing has my relatives in South America stunned, and many of them have lived through a coup and the dictatorship that followed. If you don’t think what Trump is doing is a big deal, you’re not fully appreciating just how bad this looks from the outside.  Even tyrants that can do whatever they want without fear of accountability would hesitate flaunt their corruption to this extent.  

It'll never happen because nobody has the balls to prosecute Trump, but it's a nice thought:

WATCH: Mueller Prosecutor Says Trump Could Face Charges For Pardons, His ‘Final Act of Obstruction of Justice’

Andrew Weissmann, the lead prosecutor for former Special Counsel Robert Mueller, said that President Donald Trump could face charges over his recent pardons.

On Monday morning’s edition of MSNBC’s Morning Joe, Willie Geist asked Weissmann about Trump’s recent pardons, particularly of associates like Paul Manafort and Roger Stone.

Asked his reaction to the Manafort pardon, Weissman said “the big picture here is really not related just to Manafort or Stone or Kushner, it’s really to look at the abuse of the rule of law here,” and added that Trump “is really a president who’s has a zero allegiance to the rule of law.”

“How clear are you that a pardon was dangled to Paul Manafort and to Roger Stone, that if they waited it out until the end, the end being yesterday, they would be pardoned?” Geist asked.

“That’s laid out in our report, that there were pardons that were dangled,” Weissman replied, and described the effects those potential pardons had on the two men’s cooperation.

“And what we saw yesterday was essentially the president carrying out the final act of an obstruction of justice,” Weissman said, and added “So to your point about can the president currently be prosecuted for obstruction of justice, I think the answer is yes. There is substantial evidence of that. And what he did yesterday is going to be proof of that obstruction because it’s really the final act that fulfills the promise of the dangled pardons.”

Click on the link for the full article

Roger Stone Says He’s Going To Sue Bill Barr and Justice Department For $25M After Trump Pardon

Roger Stone said he plans to file a lawsuit against the Department of Justice and former Attorney General William Barr, following his presidential pardon from President Donald Trump.

The longtime informal adviser to Trump listed a number of figures he said would be targets of his suit in a post on Parler.

“The terms of my pardon allow me to sue the Department of Justice, Robert Mueller, James Comey, John Brennan, Rod Rosenstein, Josnathan Kravis (sic), Aaron ‘Fat Ass’ Zelinsky, Jeanie Rhee (sic), and Michael Morando,” Stone said on the social media platform Thursday.

“My lawyers will be filing formal complaints for prosecutorial misconduct’s with DOJ office of professional responsibility at the same time I file a 25 million dollar lawsuit against the DOJ and each of these individuals personally,” Stone continued.

“In fact, I am going to add Bill Barr to the lawsuit and I will handle his cross-examination personally,” he added.

• 2 weeks later...

Trump is reportedly so angry aides are warning him against a self-pardon, he's put all pardons 'on hold'

If you were hoping for a last-minute pardon from President Trump, ABC News' Jonathan Karl has some bad news for you. After last week's assault on the U.S. Capitol by Trump supporters, right after Trump urged them to march on the Capitol, Trump is not in the pardoning mood, Karl told anchor David Muir on Monday's ABC World News Tonight.

"The president has been warned, David, by some of his lawyers that if he goes ahead and pardons himself, he could be more vulnerable to civil lawsuits, including from some of those injured in the Capitol riot, because a self-pardon would be seen as an admission that he did something wrong that he would need to be pardoned for," Karl said. "The president is angry, he has not taken that well, and I am told that he is now saying that he doesn't want to see pardons for anybody. So the attitude seems to be: 'If I can't get a pardon, then nobody else should get one, either.'"

2 minutes ago, China said:

Trump is reportedly so angry aides are warning him against a self-pardon, he's put all pardons 'on hold'

If you were hoping for a last-minute pardon from President Trump, ABC News' Jonathan Karl has some bad news for you. After last week's assault on the U.S. Capitol by Trump supporters, right after Trump urged them to march on the Capitol, Trump is not in the pardoning mood, Karl told anchor David Muir on Monday's ABC World News Tonight.

"The president has been warned, David, by some of his lawyers that if he goes ahead and pardons himself, he could be more vulnerable to civil lawsuits, including from some of those injured in the Capitol riot, because a self-pardon would be seen as an admission that he did something wrong that he would need to be pardoned for," Karl said. "The president is angry, he has not taken that well, and I am told that he is now saying that he doesn't want to see pardons for anybody. So the attitude seems to be: 'If I can't get a pardon, then nobody else should get one, either.'"

It's amazing what a ****ing baby this person is. It brings me great joy in this otherwise totally ****ed up 4 years. 

Wouldn't that just suck, if all of the co-conspirators who've been groveling before His Trumpness because Pardons, and then Trump decides not to deliver on them because his Twitter got cut off?  

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It's amazing what a ****ing baby this person is. It brings me great joy in this otherwise totally ****ed up 4 years. 

Whoever invented the Baby Trump blimp certainly called it.  

It'll be interesting to see if all his pardons hold (especially if challenged) up in light of this:

Under the pardon power granted to him by Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution, Mr. Trump could pardon all of them at any point during his term in office. With one important exception, the president’s power to pardon for violation of federal laws is unqualified.

The pardon power was designed to permit the nation’s leader, at his discretion, to correct the mistakes of the judicial process. Like much of the Constitution, it was designed to enable one branch to check one or both of the other branches. In this instance, it gave the executive a check on the judiciary. In enacting the pardon power, Alexander Hamilton wrote, the framers intended to place this authority in the hands of “a single man of prudence and good sense.” But constitutional history is also dominated by the framers’ obsession with the prevention of tyranny; and of the three branches, the most likely to degenerate into tyrannical rule is the executive, which is headed by the president, the military’s commander in chief.

It is likely for that reason that the framers inserted an important qualification concerning a process that has dominated the news for months: The president could exercise the pardon power, “except in cases of impeachment.” In its narrowest form, both textually and historically, this means that the president cannot pardon an executive or judicial officer — including himself — from impeachment conviction. But perhaps this reading doesn’t go far enough, for the president is capable of undermining the impeachment check in indirect but equally dangerous ways.

Is this expansion of the impeachment qualification on the pardon power consistent with the framers’ understanding? Technically, perhaps not, though slavish adherence to the framers’ understanding has by no means always limited modern constitutional interpretation. Indeed, much of modern constitutional law has evolved without concern for what the framers did or did not intend. It is also important to note that this reading of the pardon power’s impeachment exception is linguistically consistent with the text: “except in cases of impeachment” arguably refers to any crime related to the impeachment, as much as it does to the narrow conviction. This relatively expansive reading of the impeachment exception better fulfills the framers’ goals in adopting the impeachment exception to the pardon power in the first place — to prevent the president from undermining the impeachment power’s check of abuse of political or judicial authority.

Link

Click on the link for more

Archived