Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Get a prebuilt from iBuyPower. Its more or less like building your own, you choose your parts and they build it for you essentially.

In other news, just beat Arkham City. Awesome game and exactly what a sequel should be: take what worked in the previous game and make it even better while adding cool new features.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, NickyJ said:

You could, but the trouble is finding the right sized parts for the computer case, and making sure they match the parts you do keep. Which kind of defeats the point of getting a prebuilt.

Sell the ****ty computer case, too.  Hell, maybe pick up a ****ty CPU and ****ty GPU and sell the whole ****ty thing.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Get a prebuilt from iBuyPower. Its more or less like building your own, you choose your parts and they build it for you essentially.

In other news, just beat Arkham City. Awesome game and exactly what a sequel should be: take what worked in the previous game and make it even better while adding cool new features.

that end was just *chef’s kiss* 

are you going to play Arkham Knight next?

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

that end was just *chef’s kiss* 

are you going to play Arkham Knight next?

Yep. I got all three off a Steam sale in the summer for like $15 total. Asylum alone was worth the money so its all gravy from here.

I'm tempted to keep playing City for a bit though since there were a couple of side quests left that I didn't finish.

I'm still enjoying HZD but damn, the controls in the game are just wonky to me.  I think it's just because there is so much **** to control and change and only so many buttons on the controller.  I keep pressing RT to change weapons instead of LT and I do the low ass spear attack.  I'm having a hard time forcing myself to press the right button out of habit.  

I also do not like how the horse riding controls.  I just want to press UP to ****ing run faster.  I don't want to have to keep mashing X, and I want to press DOWN to slow down, not press circle.  This is another thing that I just can't get used to, at least not yet.  Horse riding has been so much done over and over and so much more intuitive than the way it's done in HZD.  BOTW does it much better as does Tsushima, but I know Tsushima is newer.

Then you have all these other items you can adjust with the d-pad and press down to use it.  

Then you have all these types of "sub quests" in the long list of menus.

And there are all these icons for the enemies you around and I don't even know what they mean.  

Then when you are doing focus over people there is all this other info that pops up like weaknesses and these small icons.

Just so much information and it's almost like overloaded with too much.  Hopefully I just get used to it and it just clicks and is instinctual at some point.

43 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I did not like HZD but yall are making me want to give it another try just so I can play the next one. 

Also the story was spoiled for me, so that took any drive I had to play it away. 

This is my 3rd attempt at it.  It just takes like 4-5 hours to 'get going' imo.

Prior I had stopped about 3 hours both times.

Edited by purbeast

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Exact same here, so ill have to give it another shot 

Yeah the progression is kind of weird and not really like any other game I've played.  It starts out fairly open and then like 4-5 hours in it gets super linear to get the story going, and then goes back to being much more open once you get past that part.  

This 3rd time I have tried it though, I did not start over from the beginning, I just started where I left off.  I kind of remember what happened prior since I did it twice but not in detail.  Last time I played was the week before TLOU2 came out.

I will say the 60fps on PS5 makes a HUGE difference to me.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

I also do not like how the horse riding controls.  I just want to press UP to ****ing run faster.  I don't want to have to keep mashing X, and I want to press DOWN to slow down, not press circle.  This is another thing that I just can't get used to, at least not yet.  Horse riding has been so much done over and over and so much more intuitive than the way it's done in HZD.  BOTW does it much better as does Tsushima, but I know Tsushima is newer.

That’s interesting because this game has imo the exact same horse controls as RDR2, BOTW, and any other 3D game I can think of. You hold run button to gallop at different speeds and use the joystick to steer. BotW just automatically steers you away from trees 

it does throw a lot of information at you. On my first play through I turned off all enemy info like hit points and health and never went back. Made the game more immersive and fun imo. Gauged enemy health by their condition and how they moved throughout battle. Plus made it infinitely better creeping through a forest when some beast rolls up on you if you don’t have a much of indicators everywhere. Really felt like you were part of the world 

focusing on enemies adds them to your journal and the information should show their weakness and vulnerable spots plus if certain elements hit harder like fire or electricity. This lets you develop strategies for beating them efficiently. But again I kept all that to my journal so it didn’t clutter the screen. The enemy markers (white silhouettes) all over the screen show where herds or groups of those enemies are typically present. I also turned this off so I could only see it if I went to the map. Made the exploration way better. 

I think clearing up the screen clutter will help since I did that early on and forgot it overloaded you with stuff like that until

just now. 

8 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That’s interesting because this game has imo the exact same horse controls as RDR2, BOTW, and any other 3D game I can think of. You hold run button to gallop at different speeds and use the joystick to steer. BotW just automatically steers you away from trees 

it does throw a lot of information at you. On my first play through I turned off all enemy info like hit points and health and never went back. Made the game more immersive and fun imo. Gauged enemy health by their condition and how they moved throughout battle. Plus made it infinitely better creeping through a forest when some beast rolls up on you if you don’t have a much of indicators everywhere. Really felt like you were part of the world 

focusing on enemies adds them to your journal and the information should show their weakness and vulnerable spots plus if certain elements hit harder like fire or electricity. This lets you develop strategies for beating them efficiently. But again I kept all that to my journal so it didn’t clutter the screen. The enemy markers (white silhouettes) all over the screen show where herds or groups of those enemies are typically present. I also turned this off so I could only see it if I went to the map. Made the exploration way better. 

I think clearing up the screen clutter will help since I did that early on and forgot it overloaded you with stuff like that until

just now. 

It's been ages since I played BOTW, but couldn't you stop just by pressing down though?  I don't recall having to press a button to slow down.

Also in Ghost of Tsushima you pressed down to slow the horse down and I'm pretty sure you just held down the left analog stick to make the horse run (just like you held down to make yourself run).

I'm fine with having to hold down a button to run, as long as it's the same button that you hold down to run when you're not on the horse.  But it's not the case in this and just feels clunky and very unintuitive.

Did not play RDR2 so can't comment on that one.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

It's been ages since I played BOTW, but couldn't you stop just by pressing down though?  I don't recall having to press a button to slow down.

Also in Ghost of Tsushima you pressed down to slow the horse down and I'm pretty sure you just held down the left analog stick to make the horse run (just like you held down to make yourself run).

I'm fine with having to hold down a button to run, as long as it's the same button that you hold down to run when you're not on the horse.  But it's not the case in this and just feels clunky and very unintuitive.

Did not play RDR2 so can't comment on that one.

I guess it is different from the run button on foot. I forgot about that and see where that is confusing . Tho, honestly I didn’t use the riding animals feature too much because I felt like it drew too much attention to me. I went though most of the game on foot and would bring mounts in when I wanted some backup or distraction in certain cases. The one I really wanted to ride were the watchers like cruising around on a velociraptor but you can’t lol. I hope they don’t go crazy and make the bigger machines able to ride in the second one 

6 hours ago, Llevron said:

I did not like HZD but yall are making me want to give it another try just so I can play the next one. 

Also the story was spoiled for me, so that took any drive I had to play it away. 

you should still go for it. It’s really interesting seeing it all play out even if the central mystery of the world or Aloy’s personal stakes in the story are spoiled. Plus will get you set for the sequel which looks awesome. It’s one of my favorite games so I’m biased but strongly recommend sticking through the early few hours that are just an introduction to Aloy, the mystery of the world and the characters.  

On 9/16/2021 at 9:31 AM, Warhead36 said:

Yep. I got all three off a Steam sale in the summer for like $15 total. Asylum alone was worth the money so its all gravy from here.

I'm tempted to keep playing City for a bit though since there were a couple of side quests left that I didn't finish.

Meant to respond to this. Knight was awesome imo. I loved the story even though if you are familiar with Batman stories, a big part of it is predictable. But it’s really cool imo how they follow up City’s story. The world is bigger and better and the combat is great. The biggest downer is the Batmobile addition. The Batmobile has fun moments but when it goes into tank/combat mode it just kinda grinds the action to a halt, sadly. It’s not as fun as it should be and you’d just much rather be kicking ass as Batman rather than using the Batmobile. Still awesome game and great confusion to the trilogy 

On 9/18/2021 at 11:53 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Meant to respond to this. Knight was awesome imo. I loved the story even though if you are familiar with Batman stories, a big part of it is predictable. But it’s really cool imo how they follow up City’s story. The world is bigger and better and the combat is great. The biggest downer is the Batmobile addition. The Batmobile has fun moments but when it goes into tank/combat mode it just kinda grinds the action to a halt, sadly. It’s not as fun as it should be and you’d just much rather be kicking ass as Batman rather than using the Batmobile. Still awesome game and great confusion to the trilogy 

Yeah I agree with this overall. I'm enjoying AK and there does seem to be a lot more to do but I don't like how much they're forcing the Batmobile. In general I am very much against vehicle gameplay in just about any game. They also changed some of the controls which is taking some getting used to since I had everything down to muscle memory after Asylum and City.

New 3D Kirby game announced (his first foray into a true 3D Adventure, as far as I am aware).

Also Bayonetta 3.  Trailer faked me out a couple times.  Started with that barking Shiba Inu that reminded me of the first Project G.G. trailer, and then the appearance of that police dog-mascot from Astral Chain.

Also a new animated Mario feature film starring Chris Pratt, Charlie Day, Michael Keegan-Key, and Jack Black.

Edited by PokerPacker