Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yea I think it looks really cool. I love the concept and setting. I can’t wait to play it 

Everyone has been raving about it, I've even heard some GOTY rumblings...and its only $30. I've found that as I get older, I like games that are more like The Forgotten City.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Everyone has been raving about it, I've even heard some GOTY rumblings...and its only $30. I've found that as I get older, I like games that are more like The Forgotten City.

same, love story driven games more and more. As my free time decreases I want my gaming time to mean something so I gravitate toward games like this 

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

same, love story driven games more and more. As my free time decreases I want my gaming time to mean something so I gravitate toward games like this 

It seems like it's giving off a "The Outer Worlds" kinda vibe, but extra light on the shooting aspect. I would like to see more of how the game's mechanics are implemented (inventory, leveling, etc), but it seems like everyone reviewing this is keeping a lot of that close to the vest to avoid spoilers.

So I popped in HZD last night again.

First time I tried playing it was like 3 or so years ago and I got bored after like 3 hours and stopped.

Then I tried to play it again like right before TLOU2 came out and got about 3 hours into it and wasn't sucked in again, then TLOU2 came out and I never went back.

Put it in my PS5 yesterday and after like 25 minutes of copying I started it up and damn in 60fps it looks WWWWAAAAYYYY better.  

Played from where I left off before and I'm starting to get pretty sucked into it so I think I'm actually going to get through it.  Seeing HZD2 videos makes me wanna play it also.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

It seems like it's giving off a "The Outer Worlds" kinda vibe, but extra light on the shooting aspect. I would like to see more of how the game's mechanics are implemented (inventory, leveling, etc), but it seems like everyone reviewing this is keeping a lot of that close to the vest to avoid spoilers.

I don’t think it has hardly any combat since you are really just investigating what happened 

42 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

HZD is amazing to play on tough difficulties that force you learn the weaknesses of each machine. The combat is just so ****ing good when you’re challenged to really hit your shots and take the machines apart systematically. 

agree one of my favorite things was learning how to take down each enemy and keeping a few strategies for each type ready once the fly based on the scenario. The combat is really rewarding on higher difficulties when you have to use all the tools at your disposal to survive. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

This makes me miss my GameCube.

Eternal Darkness was great.  Brilliant job breaking the fourth wall to go after you as the player, plus the whole Lovecraftian world they built really left an impression.  I still remember the dread of being stalked by the bone-stealers in that church serving as a WWI hospital.  Great re-use of locations to show the passage of time between the different bearers of the Tome of Eternal Darkness.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I am surprised that Nintendo hasn't had it remastered for the Switch. They've remastered everything else.

They've mostly been remastering Wii U games since nobody bought it.  And then there's Zelda, but that's one's a safe bet.

Eternal Darkness, though, most people have never heard of.  Plus many of its sanity effects just don't have the same effect today.

Okay I think I'm officially all in on  HZD now.  The game just takes quite a while to pickup and it has grabbed my interest.  Last night I played for like 2 hours and was marked as the Seeker.  I then pressed start and saw how huge  the map was and how little I've opened up.   Holy  ****!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I’m trying to join the pc gang and it looks like prebuilt is the only way right now. 

Prebuilts get a bad rep from the hardcore PC crowd but there’s lots of good companies that make them. You want to make sure that a prebuilt isn’t going cheap on the less flashy but very important components like the Power Supply Unit, while offering a beefy GPU/CPU combo. 

It’s a bad time in general to buy a prebuilt or make your own unless you’re willing to pay a premium for GPU’s. If money isn’t an issue, just go for it. 

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Prebuilts get a bad rep from the hardcore PC crowd but there’s lots of good companies that make them. You want to make sure that a prebuilt isn’t going cheap on the less flashy but very important components like the Power Supply Unit, while offering a beefy GPU/CPU combo. 

It’s a bad time in general to buy a prebuilt or make your own unless you’re willing to pay a premium for GPU’s. If money isn’t an issue, just go for it. 

Or you get one with ****ty PSU, motherboard, etc., and then sell off all the ****ty components.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, purbeast said:

Okay I think I'm officially all in on  HZD now.  The game just takes quite a while to pickup and it has grabbed my interest.  Last night I played for like 2 hours and was marked as the Seeker.  I then pressed start and saw how huge  the map was and how little I've opened up.   Holy  ****!

Yeah the beginning does it no favors but once you get to the end of the games and the mystery and mythology of the world take a bigger focus as well as seeing the enemy tribe for the first time, it really picks up which coincides perfectly with you being able to leave the native lands and explore. That world is huge and gorgeous too 

Glad you are enjoying it 

3 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Or you get one with ****ty PSU, motherboard, etc., and then sell off all the ****ty components.

You could, but the trouble is finding the right sized parts for the computer case, and making sure they match the parts you do keep. Which kind of defeats the point of getting a prebuilt.

6 hours ago, No Excuses said:

True. 
I said **** it and bought a pre built with a 3080.