Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

19 minutes ago, Mufumonk said:

Finally getting around to playing HZD. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It looks fantastic but the controls seem really clunky.

That was my problem with that game.  I always felt overwhelmed with trying to do all the different things.  Like the weapons and stuff were cool in theory and how they are supposed to work, but I never really could get stuff to work as it was intended like with the traps and stuff.  The voice acting also really turned me off in that game.  I tried twice to start it and made it like 2-3 hours each time before giving up.

I'm going to probably get HZD2 though because it also looks awesome.  Hopefully the controls and stuff are a bit more streamlined.

3 hours ago, Mufumonk said:

Finally getting around to playing HZD. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It looks fantastic but the controls seem really clunky.

just take some time to get used to the combat. It actually it’s really smooth once you don’t try to round peg square hole every combat scenario and enemy. Develop multiple strategies for dealing with each enemy type and scenario. The first hour or two is a little rough tho until you get the feel and the story progresses a bit

The melee slashing is a little clunky and undeveloped but melee is 95% for stealth and as a last resort if an enemy as gotten too close to you. If you need to use it often and finding frustration with it, you are using it way too much and need to examine how you are using the bow, traps, and slings, as well as how you are approaching the fights

So Ratchet and Clank is buggy as ****.  I've gotten stuck where I couldn't move and had to restart from checkpoint.  There are parts where you can walk on air and clip right through some stuff.  

And right now I'm experiencing a game breaking bug where I can't get past a part.  There are supposed to be enemies that come out and you fight and after you fight them it unlocks this nut to turn.  But the enemies never come out.  I have restarted from last checkpoint, restarted the game, restarted my PS5, changed difficulty, nothing.  I'm like 2 hours into the game too on the hardest difficulty and don't really want to restart the ****ing game at this point.  I tweeted Insomniac with a video of the bug so I'm waiting to hear what they say back, if anything.

17 minutes ago, purbeast said:

So Ratchet and Clank is buggy as ****.  I've gotten stuck where I couldn't move and had to restart from checkpoint.  There are parts where you can walk on air and clip right through some stuff.  

And right now I'm experiencing a game breaking bug where I can't get past a part.  There are supposed to be enemies that come out and you fight and after you fight them it unlocks this nut to turn.  But the enemies never come out.  I have restarted from last checkpoint, restarted the game, restarted my PS5, changed difficulty, nothing.  I'm like 2 hours into the game too on the hardest difficulty and don't really want to restart the ****ing game at this point.  I tweeted Insomniac with a video of the bug so I'm waiting to hear what they say back, if anything.

Where at?  I started on the hardest and haven't had that (knocking wood) yet.  I'm like 6 planets in.

Just now, mhd24 said:

Where at?  I started on the hardest and haven't had that (knocking wood) yet.  I'm like 6 planets in.

When I'm chasing the Phantom dude and you glide down to this area, there are supposed to be enemies that spawn there (after I saw a video of it) and once you kill em the nut unlocks.  Well no enemies are spawning so I can't unlock the nut to proceed.

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

When I'm chasing the Phantom dude and you glide down to this area, there are supposed to be enemies that spawn there (after I saw a video of it) and once you kill em the nut unlocks.  Well no enemies are spawning so I can't unlock the nut to proceed.

Yeah, that triggered for me.

I like the new game, but objectively, I'd say Crack in Time is my favorite of the series.

10 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Yeah, that triggered for me.

I like the new game, but objectively, I'd say Crack in Time is my favorite of the series.

So I got past that part and it was very strange.

I loaded up a backup save from like a bit before I got to that part, and this time when I went through the club the first time it immediately took me to the part where I'm following phantom.  

Before that when I got into this weird state, I went a completely different direction and went through the factory before following Phantom.  

So I don't know wtf happened but somehow the game put me on the wrong path my first go around and that seems to be what made everything get out of sync.

So I’ve quietly been playing Gears 5 and I gotta say I’m enjoying the hell out of it. This game is not too complicated with 1000 side missions you are never gonna do. Straightforward and a simple concept, kill the swarm, advance the mission. Really like it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

So I’ve quietly been playing Gears 5 and I gotta say I’m enjoying the hell out of it. This game is not too complicated with 1000 side missions you are never gonna do. Straightforward and a simple concept, kill the swarm, advance the mission. Really like it. 

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised with Gears 5 myself.  I played 1-3 and by the end of 3 was bored with it for the most part. Then when I got my XSX I grabbed Gears 5 from Best Buy on BF for like $5.  And I really enjoyed it.

I could have done without the whole skiff part though.  I prefer those games just being straight up linear from point A to point B and them trying to force some open world concept on you in Gears 5 was lame to me.  Just stick with what you do well.  All it did was artificially lengthen the game.  

That said, it wasn't really a big knock on it for me.  I still really enjoyed the game.  The only downside is how abruptly it ends.  I wanted more and it just kind of ends while your adrenaline is high.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised with Gears 5 myself.  I played 1-3 and by the end of 3 was bored with it for the most part. Then when I got my XSX I grabbed Gears 5 from Best Buy on BF for like $5.  And I really enjoyed it.

I could have done without the whole skiff part though.  I prefer those games just being straight up linear from point A to point B and them trying to force some open world concept on you in Gears 5 was lame to me.  Just stick with what you do well.  All it did was artificially lengthen the game.  

That said, it wasn't really a big knock on it for me.  I still really enjoyed the game.  The only downside is how abruptly it ends.  I wanted more and it just kind of ends while your adrenaline is high.

I had taken a long break between consoles so never played any of the other ones.  This game is fun though. I must be close to the end I’d imagine. The endings seem to rarely make a big impact for me, so no matter how it ends I think I’ll be happy. I’m currently trying to get through two snatchers and 3 scions, trying to teach my son how to stick with things even when you keep losing. Lol. 

Once again, Kelloggs and Microsoft are doing the free Gamepass thing. I've already gotten another 3 free months, don't be stupid, take advantage this time.

Also, HUGE online xbox game sale going on, check it out: 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Once again, Kelloggs and Microsoft are doing the free Gamepass thing. I've already gotten another 3 free months, don't be stupid, take advantage this time.

Also, HUGE online xbox game sale going on, check it out: 

More info? 

I won't support gamepass with my wallet but I'll support it for free.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, purbeast said:

More info? 

I won't support gamepass with my wallet but I'll support it for free.

1. Go to the store and look for a kelloggs product that offers a 14 day free trial for xbox game pass. It can be anything from cereal, cheez-its, pringles, pop tarts, etc (I've found it best to buy the products that mention the free trial on the box).

2. Don't buy more than two Kelloggs products at a time and make sure you keep your receipt.

3. Go sign up (https://www.kelloggsfamilyrewards.com/en_US/promotions/xbox-sweeps-2021.html) and upload a picture of the receipt. You'll get an email with two 14 day free trial gamepass codes (if approved).

4. Now, here is the important part: make sure recurring billing is off when you put the code in, I recommend doing this on a PC and not the Xbox, put in the code, turn on recurring billing when asked and get an extra 30 day on top of the 14. Turn off recurring billing again, repeat the process with the second code they give you another 44 days. You can only do the recurring bill twice and if you don't currently have Gamepass.

5. These codes stack on your gamepass account, however, you can only do this twice with a kelloggs account. Whenever you collect two codes, you have to make a new kelloggs account with a different email address. Totally worth it though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

1. Go to the store and look for a kelloggs product that offers a 14 day free trial for xbox game pass. It can be anything from cereal, cheez-its, pringles, pop tarts, etc (I've found it best to buy the products that mention the free trial on the box).

2. Don't buy more than two Kelloggs products at a time and make sure you keep your receipt.

3. Go sign up (https://www.kelloggsfamilyrewards.com/en_US/promotions/xbox-sweeps-2021.html) and upload a picture of the receipt. You'll get an email with two 14 day free trial gamepass codes (if approved).

4. Now, here is the important part: make sure recurring billing is off when you put the code in, I recommend doing this on a PC and not the Xbox, put in the code, turn on recurring billing when asked and get an extra 30 day on top of the 14. Turn off recurring billing again, repeat the process with the second code they give you another 44 days. You can only do the recurring bill twice and if you don't currently have Gamepass.

5. These codes stack on your gamepass account, however, you can only do this twice with a kelloggs account. Whenever you collect two codes, you have to make a new kelloggs account with a different email address. Totally worth it though.

Thanks but that is way too much effort for something I probably won't even use much lol.

Halo is literally the only game they showed in their 90 minute presentation yesterday that I have any interest in, and even that doesn't get me too hyped up.  Last multiplayer I played was part 3 which wasn't quite as good as part 2.  I wish they showed some single player though.