Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Assuming Wentz was somehow being considered by us.  I know they said all options are available the other day but I'd be shocked if Wentz was ranked highly by Rivera and the front office.

It affects our search in the sense that there's one less QB off the board.  That's really it.

It's my hope that we could get Watson, although I don't think we will.  I'd be ok with Carr depending on what was given up.  I'll flip my **** if we draft a QB and I will go apoplectic if we somehow draft Justin Fields.   I can see Dan wanting to still somehow try and prove that he's the smartest guy in the room by going ahead and trying to make up for the Haskins fiasco by meddling and drafting another OSU quarterback.  I didn't want to believe the whole "don't draft an OSU quarterback" thing when we picked Haskins but the list is long and awful.  

Anyway, whatever.  I hope the Bears get Wentz and Jalen Hurts fails miserably.

I was talking strictly about Bears and Eagles in this trade scenario.  Wentz ain't coming here, man.  :)

2 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

This guy has 7000+ followers the lady who works in Philly who reported the trade has over 48K followers.  Who ya gonna believe?

Just now, RWJ said:

This guy has 7000+ followers the lady who works in Philly who reported the trade has over 48K followers.  Who ya gonna believe?

However, they could both be wrong.  

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Not real interested in Aaron Rodgers - ity's a combination of age, cost botht in trade and his contract, and i have shown the data he is not a come from behind guy at all. I would go all in on Watson. I know people keep talking about holes on the roster. There will always be holes in the roster. And a few 1st rd picks are not going to do that much to hamper progress if the QB the team goes after works out. At some point you have to get a QB. If Watson is the guy, do what you have to - within some reason of course. A couple of 1st and from later rd picks is not too steep for a guy with his potential here. And if Ron wants him, than that's who I want Ron to have. I think @Skinsinparadise was saying this earlier, I want who Ron wants - unless that's Wentz and then of course he would be wrong..  🙂

For me I don't want Wentz or Darnold.   But heck if they pull the trigger on either one, i'll suck it up and go for the ride but It won't be easy to do it without some whining but I'll do my best. :ols:

Wentz makes no sense to me in part because of his monster contract, durability issues, and diva reputation and decline in play.  

Darnold to me makes little sense because even if I rode with the idea that he's the perfect reclamation project (which I don't even a little) he'd be an expensive reclamation.  Because a deal for him just about forces you to pick up his 5th year as part of the deal, that's 25 million from what I understand, otherwise you lose him for nothing potentially if he had a good year and decides to hit FA.  And also you got to give up a high pick or two as well for him?  If you want to go reclamation IMO go cheap not expensive.   If you pick up Darnold and he busts you pay a hefty price for it. 

Other than those two I am pretty easy especially in the draft, there is almost nothing they can do that I'd hate aside from maybe taking Trask at 19. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

It's not just quantity of followers that matters with these sources - but quality.

This lady has people like Ron Jaworski and Brian Baldinger as followers, so I'm gonna take her word.

Not to mention, I predicted this very trade earlier, so of course I'm going to take my own word, as well :D

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

I think I’m down to (depending on cost - trade and contract-wise)

Plan A:

Watson

Prescott

Trade up (unless one the FO likes happens to fall into our lap)

Plan B:

Carr

Winston

Plan C

Roll with our current guys (I’ll go ahead and include possibly drafting a qb after round 1 here)

Plan D

Newton (don’t want him, but I’d take him over the cost to acquire the Darnold/Mariota/Trubisky types)

Honestly, I’m very tempted to swap B and C.

If Plan A doesn’t pan out, I seriously consider trying to add future picks 1) for ammo to trade up in the future, 2) to lessen the impact (of losing 1st rounders) if we do trade up in the future, or 3) to be able to bring in more talent to replace some FAs we let walk in an attempt to stretch our ‘window’.  Not sure if this is a good idea per say, but it’s a move that would be more farsighted than this franchise has been since... forever maybe?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's not just quantity of followers that matters with these sources - but quality.

This lady has people like Ron Jaworski and Brian Baldinger as followers, so I'm gonna take her word.

Not to mention, I predicted this very trade earlier, so of course I'm going to take my own word, as well

It does have some credence, MD.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

I live outside of Philly and reports are Wentz and a 2nd round pick for Bears #1, Foles, Cohen.....

7 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I think I’m down to (depending on cost - trade and contract-wise)

Plan A:

Watson

Prescott

Trade up (unless one the FO likes happens to fall into our lap)

Plan B:

Carr

Winston

Plan C

Roll with our current guys (I’ll go ahead and include possibly drafting a qb after round 1 here)

Plan D

Newton (don’t want him, but I’d take him over the cost to acquire the Darnold/Mariota/Trubisky types)

Honestly, I’m very tempted to swap B and C.

If Plan A doesn’t pan out, I seriously consider trying to add future picks 1) for ammo to trade up in the future, 2) to lessen the impact (of losing 1st rounders) if we do trade up in the future, or 3) to be able to bring in more talent to replace some FAs we let walk in an attempt to stretch our ‘window’.  Not sure if this is a good idea per say, but it’s a move that would be more farsighted than this franchise has been since... forever maybe?

I would think there's a very real chance that Plan D is combined with plan C and that is what we do....Newton would be veteran insurance who may or may not win the job but would have a role in short yardage packages/wildcat.....I kinda like this option if nothing better comes to fruition.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

My question is - what is Sal Paolantonio saying ?

Because he is the Eagle's version of Keim.

Can't find his verified profile on twitter.

Only the fake ones.

Good question as is where is Schefter/Rappoport etc..  Like I said both of these tweeters could be wrong.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Maybe they know that no news will be broken until after the Super Bowl? Just a guess....

No changing what I put in here.  IF there is news, they are going to report it but they have to get it from THE inside source(s) or they won't report it, especially Schefter.

Edited by RWJ