Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

**** it, let’s be that sucker. Get it done.

59 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

"I mean, we’re mindful of trying to give him what he wants as well, but he also knows that, listen, we’re going to find the best value for the Detroit Lions and what’s best for us. That’s kind of what we’re doing."

Interesting quote above from the Lions. Best value. We can force the Lions hand by being aggressive in pursuit of Stafford if we really want. I honestly don’t get the hang up over the #19 pick. Top 10 range pick, would totally get it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

lol, we know if it was Dan or Bruce or Vinny running this then Stafford would be acquired already, no one could outbid them.  Two exceptions i could think of was the Cutler trade but supposedly what killed that was Denver liked Orton over Campbell and wanted a QB back in the deal.  And they were outbid by the Jets for Sanchez. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Pro bowl doesn't mean squat.  Are you saying Alex > Stafford?  

It means something, SIP and you know it.  Everyone ranks players ALL over the place.  Top 31 was voted on by the players.  Very relevant, no doubt.  I'm not saying that Alex is better than Matt.  I'm just pointing something out.  

1 hour ago, lavar1156 said:

I would give two 1's for Stafford. No more. Assuming he's good next year's 1st will be pretty low.

I agree, that’s the max I’m giving up, and I think it’s what it will take.

Caveat being if Stafford is really set on going to West Coast (I know he has a house there) and will only play out his two years I’m not trading for him at all. I want an extension so we get 3-4 years out of him if I’m giving up two firsts.

14 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Interesting quote above from the Lions. Best value. We can force the Lions hand by being aggressive in pursuit of Stafford if we really want. I honestly don’t get the hang up over the #19 pick. Top 10 range pick, would totally get it.

Totally agree. To me, the difference between a top 3, top 7, and 7-12 picks are huge compared to 19. Usually seem to be 5-7 elite players in each draft not counting QBs. When you get into 19-32 it’s not that different from a 2nd round pick.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Getting Stafford will have a significant influence if we are thinking premier WR in free agency too.

You betcha!  Taking into account we need to resign Scherff along with possibly Allen.  So RR and Co. can't just throw 2 1st at the Lions.  We need to keep our heads as far as the salary cap is concerned.  We don't need to be another New Orleans.  We need to keep as many draft picks as we can and try and make a deal for Stafford.  We need to be wise and our new GM and his staff need to be able to find talent in the draft like the good GM's and their staff around the NFL do year in and year out.  Will Mayhew do that.  Time will tell.  Much to be taking into consideration.  I said and I still believe that our #19 and 3rd round pick should be IT!  Above that let another team get him.  To me our 1st this year and our highest 3rd is fair compensation.  

• Like 1

I'd rather trade four 1's for Watson than two 1's for Stafford.

My preferred top target is Stafford only if the cost is around that 1st and 3rd mark. If that gets too rich, then I'd rather do an RG3-type haul for Watson.

I get the feeling Ron isn't just obsessed with finding QB for QB's sake, but also bc without a surer answer at QB we may not be able to attract top WR free agents.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

I'd rather trade four 1's for Watson than two 1's for Stafford.

My preferred top target is Stafford only if the cost is around that 1st and 3rd mark. If that gets too rich, then I'd rather do an RG3-type haul for Watson.

I get the feeling Ron isn't just obsessed with finding QB for QB's sake, but also bc without a surer answer at QB we may not be able to attract top WR free agents.

Thing to remember about Watson.  He's had two ACL injuries and surgeries for them.  

Piecing together the various reports, its becoming clear to me the Lions are getting a lot of interest, but not the type of offers they expected.

Maybe the 49ers offer of multiple 2s and 3s is real.  Maybe it isnt.  But its getting floated for a reason.  So is the Rams interest.

I think you have to assume the Skins and Colts have both dangled our 1sts and its a stare down as to who adds the better sweetner.

Just now, RWJ said:

Thing to remember about Watson.  He's had two ACL injuries and surgeries for them.  

Oh word? I didn't know that. Interesting. Definitely takes some the air out in that case.

Man **** y'all I'm still ready to grab a guy from the bargain bin and let our true lord and savior HEINICKE lead us to the promised land!!! Lol

• Like 2

I'm sort of in-between on the "GIT R DONE" philosophy for the Stafford trade. On one hand I don't want us to play it too cute and wind up missing out on him because we were screwing around and trying to squeeze as much as humanly possible out of the deal. On the other hand I also don't want us just calling up and saying "HEY WE'LL GIVE YOU WHATEVER YOU WANT! YOLO!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

Honestly if we do trade for Stafford or Watson 

I hope Ron is fully on board don’t 

Wanna hear that Dan took over the whole 

situation I’d rather stick with TH at that point 

I really believe this is RR's show.  I think IF Dan were to be invovled RR would be resigning or you'd here grumblings coming out.  We may here them in the future IF RR's hiring of Hurney and Mayhew goes South.

7 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Piecing together the various reports, its becoming clear to me the Lions are getting a lot of interest, but not the type of offers they expected.

Maybe the 49ers offer of multiple 2s and 3s is real.  Maybe it isnt.  But its getting floated for a reason.  So is the Rams interest.

I think you have to assume the Skins and Colts have both dangled our 1sts and its a stare down as to who adds the better sweetner.

I wonder if we could win a deal without getting to our max offer (hypothetically two firsts) by offering 1st this year, and then swapping our first next year with their 2nd next year. That’s a lot of value, but I’d be pretty confident we have a much better record than Detroit next year- I think they will be terrible. So, we would actually only be giving up #19 and then the different between our first next year (let’s say, 22) and their 2nd (let’s call it 40).

Edited by seantaylor=god

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Holy ****. We should totally have a "Haiku Day" on ES where every post has to be written in the form of a haiku for 24 hours or it's a temp ban until the following day.

Taylor Heinicke
Superior to Brady
Don't fight it ES

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Would be surprised if it’s a situation where teams are throwing out competing bids. What are your thoughts? Do you think it’s a scenario of teams in the dark competing with one another?? 

9 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Ron does strike me as a traditionalist with approach in running things. Meaning, he has the potential to force a QB move just to do it, like some teams still do and very much did in recent history. Hope he’s willing to agile this off season and not lean on fact the team needs a QB or let emotions be the driver. 

32 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Getting Stafford will have a significant influence if we are thinking premier WR in free agency too.

We need Scarrence Terrence to light up WFT 1, and fly directly to Stafford's house. Run a few routes for him, and Staffy will have no choice but to sign here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Both Keim and Finlay think they'd be in for Watson.  It's fun thought but it seems way to wild of a possibility to get that jazzed about. 

I’m going to lose my **** if we trade for Watson. I would be more excited than I have been by any DC pickup since we drafted John Wall. 

Can you imagine the star power in DC with Watson and Chase Young? We’d become a real free agent destination. 

I’d trade four 1sts in the blink of an eye. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Would be surprised if it’s a situation where teams are throwing out competing bids. What are your thoughts? Do you think it’s a scenario of teams in the dark competing with one another??

Just offer #19, a third, and Jon Allen (our lowest graded DL), and bring that man here NOW.

sold.jpg

• Like 1

I could be wrong but I believe I was the first person to mention Stafford month or so ago before rumors even came out he would actually request a trade. I mention this because for some reason I had a dream he was in a Redskins uniform the night before I posted that. I have prayed every day this becomes reality

• Like 3